Brinkly

Thanks for the big engine info.  There are pictures of early 4-4-0s, even one in Horrabridge so Bulldogs are a possibility although the introduction of 45xx tank engines seemed to have put a stop to anything bigger.

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nick, that's the nicest lump of wood I've seen for a while!  :) I like the curve of the trackwork in that view "looking towards Plymouth".

The Bachmann van conversion looks interesting. Is it only the underframe you are converting, or will you detail the body as well?

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the big engine info.  There are pictures of early 4-4-0s, even one in Horrabridge so Bulldogs are a possibility although the introduction of 45xx tank engines seemed to have put a stop to anything bigger.

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Yes most tender locos seem to have gone after WW1. I know that 43xx locos were used during the war and I will stretch that up to 1955!

Kind regards,

Nick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nick, that's the nicest lump of wood I've seen for a while!  :) I like the curve of the trackwork in that view "looking towards Plymouth".

The Bachmann van conversion looks interesting. Is it only the underframe you are converting, or will you detail the body as well?

Hi Mikkel,

Thank you for your kind words. Something I do need to do is tweak the track looking the other way, as it doesn't flow as well as I would like it too. I didn't stick it down too firmly (as I wasn't sure at the time!) so post Scaleforum I will do a bit of tweaking.

The Bachmann van will have a bit of detailing on the body, lamp brackets, wires and at some point. The buffer beam also needs doing, with LMS buffers and vacuum pipes. 

Kind regards,

Nick

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It was good to see the progress of the layout in the flesh at Scaleforum yesterday, I didn't get a chance for a yap, I was too busy emptying my bank account.

Thank you sir most kind.

Come to Exeter in July of next year and you can do both!

Kind regards,

Nick

I thought you were all meant to be inside the main hall?

We were, but I think a small tent for us to be inside would have added extra excitement to the proceedings!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Not that there was any tension on display...

Who says that finescale modellers are serious-minded, po-faced and old?

I wasn't the youngest in the hall, ther were a few children walking round who must have been close to my intellectual age!

• RMweb Gold

I think a small tent for us to be inside would have added extra excitement to the proceedings!

That would rather depend on ones attitude to camping and who one goes camping with.

To say nothing of the facilities.

I mean, would they have showers and chairs and a bookshelf in this tent?

Edited by Captain Kernow

That would rather depend on ones attitude to camping and who one goes camping with.

To say nothing of the facilities.

I mean, would they have showers and chairs and a bookshelf in this tent?

Plus, who is rostered for chemical toilet emptying duties?

• RMweb Gold

Not that there was any tension on display...

attachicon.gifHello cheeky.jpg

Who says that finescale modellers are serious-minded, po-faced and old?

Looking at this photo I'm quite proud of my self (the 5 year old grin is quite normal!), but I've managed to shed 2 stone in just under 10 weeks and I do feel better for it. I don't look quite as fat here as I did a few weeks ago. Progress!!!!

Edited by Brinkly
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

So what pray is your secret sir ... ... please, PLEASE

No breakfast, 300 or so calories for lunch and a sensible dinner! No snacking in between, bar apples and water. Reduce alchol consumption to Friday and Saturday nights only and really resist the biscuit tin at work!!!

Kind regards,

Nick.

• RMweb Gold

No breakfast, 300 or so calories for lunch and a sensible dinner! No snacking in between, bar apples and water. Reduce alchol consumption to Friday and Saturday nights only and really resist the biscuit tin at work!!!

Kind regards,

Nick.

Hmm, interesting (possibly useful too thanks) as some of that clearly doesn't work for me although I do like a nice bit of cheddar, which doesn't help one bit and has to be resisted.  I normally don't eat breakfast (except when on the ship for a week) but then I don't snack.  Probably an age thing too alas.

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Like I said, lentils.

Only something as inedible as those could possibly work on anyone.

That's right, like he said.

You have not had the pleasure of sampling my Lentil Nightmare (thank you Neil.....). It really can create a blast....

Apologies for not being P4 discussion trained Nick!

Ducky.

• RMweb Gold

I have to say I have done a similar thing. We ( myself and the Memsahib) now alternate a month about and go meat free, eating only veg and fish one month then back on meat then veg and fish etc. Been doing so since Nov ( meat free) and without any effort I have dropped a stone off.

Feel a lot better for it though can be a bit blustery at times....

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yeah, what ya been up to mate (apart from them teachery conferency whatsits) ?

(been meat free for 29 years - people don't even pretend to be my friends anymore....)

Edit:

​If you want to get rid of people try some recipes out of The Vegan Health Plan by Amanda Sweet - worked for me.

Hurry up Nick we'll fill your thread full of ANTB and SOS botox, if you don't come along soon!

Edited by Tim Dubya