I've had quite a few rides behind un rebuilt Bulleids on the Mid Hants but the best must have been out of Aylesford on a very wet day and she slipped all the way up through the cutting and belching out loads of thick black smoke, AWESOME.

Bodge

• Like 4

Evening Mick, you do know how to put the freighters on people just before bed time, don't you, hahahha

Great bit of film though.

Cheers.

Bodge.

Don't worry Andy, when you wake up you can have a look how to maintain that Marcway.

The video has a bit of noise and a water mark, but is well worth watching especially the last bit about curves.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes, keep taking the tablets Clive, ahhahah.

Will you be at R M Web at Coventry, if so let me know which day,

and I 'll go the other day, hhahahha

Only joking mate it would be good to meet up again.

Bodge.

Hi Bodge

Coventry???? Now there is problem, I was supposed to be playing on Andi Dell's (Dagworth) new train set Ravensclyffe, but the pilock I am forgot to put the date in the diary and I went a booked some work for that weekend. Told you there was a problem...................................me.  :rtfm: 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy, we were a bit disappointed that Tangmere was still out of action for our 'Swanage Belle' tour but at least it was hauled by my next favourite loco - the Black Five.

Ray.

And I was delighted because it [44932] frequents Southall so a must have on GWRd.

:locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Polly

Edited by southern42
  • Like 4

I've had quite a few rides behind un rebuilt Bulleids on the Mid Hants but the best must have been out of Aylesford on a very wet day and she slipped all the way up through the cutting and belching out loads of thick black smoke, AWESOME.

Bodge

We had the same with 'Sir Keith Park' out of Highley on the the Seven Valley earlier this year. It took two attempts to get over the hump, and it wasn't even wet. Must have been the wrong type of sunshine.

post-11105-0-73734400-1408573971_thumb.jpg

Ray.

Edited by tender
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

We had the same with 'Sir Keith Park' out of Highley on the the Seven Valley earlier this year. It took two attempts to get over the hump, and it wasn't even wet. Must have been the wrong type of sunshine.

Tender: "What's going on?"

post-14049-0-06329000-1408574491.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Bodge

I think you meant Alresford Andy, hope to see you at the Ricoh on the Saturday.

• Like 1

Don't worry Andy, when you wake up you can have a look how to maintain that Marcway.

The video has a bit of noise and a water mark, but is well worth watching especially the last bit about curves.

Morning Mick, I'll have a look at this later over coffee,

Cheers.

Bodge.

Hi Bodge

Coventry???? Now there is problem, I was supposed to be playing on Andi Dell's (Dagworth) new train set Ravensclyffe, but the pilock I am forgot to put the date in the diary and I went a booked some work for that weekend. Told you there was a problem...................................me.  :rtfm:

That's GOOD THEN, I can go either day without being SHOUTED at. hhahahaaa

Bodge

You will find it useful to printout the 'function key chart' from the help dropdown menu.

Also have a look at the help videos at http://www.templot.com/martweb/video_list.htm

Ray.

Morning Ray, Thanks, I have looked at one of the Videos but I will try and check it all out today, and I'll print out the function keys as advised.

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P

I think you meant Alresford Andy, hope to see you at the Ricoh on the Saturday.

Morning Ian, YES its just one of many words I cant speel, hahhaha

If I'm going Sat it would be good to meet you.

Bodge

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Hi Bodge

Common problem on here, it seems - speaking for me, anyways.   :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Maybe it's a pre-requisit.  I wouldn't know, I didn't read the Rule Book. :sclerosis:   Perhaps, that's the problem.  :tease:

Pollyregs

Common problem on here, it seems - speaking for me, anyways.   :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Maybe it's a pre-requisit.  I wouldn't know, I didn't read the Rule Book. :sclerosis:   Perhaps, that's the problem.  :tease:

Pollyregs

Clive wrote the rule book, and he still cant get it right.

Bodge.

Hi Mick, yes what an excellent Video, I didn't realise that the curves could be so finely tuned, I knew about the amount of cant but for the Gangers to also know how many cup fulls would be required is really good for its age.

Bodge

Hi Mick, yes what an excellent Video, I didn't realise that the curves could be so finely tuned, I knew about the amount of cant but for the Gangers to also know how many cup fulls would be required is really good for its age.

Bodge

All done without HiViz - but plenty of Woodbines.......

Best, Pete.

The Gardener's been back today to renew the fencing panels, (yet another job I would normally have done). These blew down after the old Garage had gone as it had a bracket to the fence to hold it up. Not really sure if it was the garage holding the fence up or if the fence was holding the garage up, but either way it blew down.

As it was.

post-9335-0-23547300-1408641104_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44449900-1408641233_thumb.jpg

Old panels GONE

post-9335-0-59096100-1408641269_thumb.jpg

New Panels in Place.

post-9335-0-20573100-1408641300_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70310800-1408641425_thumb.jpg

I sat in the Conservatory FRUSTRATED

Bodge

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Hi Andy,

Been watching those old films on track maintenance, an excellent insight to how it 'should' be done. Probably all done with a tamping machine nowadays. Its put me off moving up to Gauge 1 though!

Edited to put the all important second 'f' in off! Doh!!!

Edited by mike61680
  • Like 3

Hi Andy,

Been watching those old films on track maintenance, an excellent insight to how it 'should' be done. Probably all done with a tamping machine nowadays. Its put me off moving up to Gauge 1 though!

Edited to put the all important second 'f' in off! Doh!!!

Its put me off Laying track, FULL STOP.

Bodge,