The Gardener's been back today to renew the fencing panels, (yet another job I would normally have done). These blew down after the old Garage had gone as it had a bracket to the fence to hold it up. Not really sure if it was the garage holding the fence up or if the fence was holding the garage up, but either way it blew down.

I sat in the Conservatory FRUSTRATED

Bodge

They have done a good job though Andy, it doesn't look a bodged job (no offence to you) :angel:   bodged, of-fence, I'm digging myself a hole here if I'm not careful :nono:

Its only frustrating when you know you could do a lot better.  It is starting to look good out back, old garage gone, grass laid, conifers cut, fence up, just concrete base then ttthhhhuuuuuu bunker and you have still got your health intact, so it must be a bonus :declare:

• Like 1

All done without HiViz - but plenty of Woodbines.......

Best, Pete.

You can see why elf & safety was need in industry.  It is just a pity that it has been carried over and used in more mundane circumstances as an excuse to keep joe public in check where the application of common sense would suffice.  But then again, a lot of people today have little common sense and no rational thinking towards their own wellbeing. :scared:

• Like 2

They have done a good job though Andy, it doesn't look a bodged job (no offence to you) :angel:   bodged, of-fence, I'm digging myself a hole here if I'm not careful :nono:

Its only frustrating when you know you could do a lot better.  It is starting to look good out back, old garage gone, grass laid, conifers cut, fence up, just concrete base then ttthhhhuuuuuu bunker and you have still got your health intact, so it must be a bonus :declare:

Mick that is so true, and it has to stay that way, I have a lot of railway to build yet.

Bodge.

Andy, Is that some kind of “weed” (for medicinal purposes)  growing in the second photo?

I think we should be told...

Best, Pete.

If you mean on the left behind the bins, well its next doors Runner Beans, nice they are too, hahhah, once the Shed goes in they will be hidden again.

Bodge.

You can see why elf & safety was need in industry.  It is just a pity that it has been carried over and used in more mundane circumstances as an excuse to keep joe public in check where the application of common sense would suffice.  But then again, a lot of people today have little common sense and no rational thinking towards their own wellbeing. :scared:

In addition Mick you forgot that;

1, It earns a lot Bureaucrats lots of bucks making up these rules.

2, We live in a Blame and Claim culture.

3, Youngsters today need to be TOLD what to do rather than thinking for themselves, like; look before you cross the line, when I was young, that was just common sense that we were taught at School.

And finally, 4, Don't get me started on Schools.hahhaha (SORRY JEFF)

Bodge,

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I found it quite frustrating when we got bulders in to do the main work on the house. Having done all the building work ourselves for most of our married lives, I found myself wanting to get involved and tell the builders how to do things. Fortunately the foreman and I had similar ideas.

Don

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

If you mean on the left behind the bins, well its next doors Runner Beans, nice they are too, hahhah, once the Shed goes in they will be hidden again.

Bodge.

No, I think he means the one in the right-hand corner with spiky leaves. "Nothing to do with me, officer. I only moved in a few weeks ago".

I found it quite frustrating when we got bulders in to do the main work on the house. Having done all the building work ourselves for most of our married lives, I found myself wanting to get involved and tell the builders how to do things. Fortunately the foreman and I had similar ideas.

Don

Morning Don, my guys really great, when I ask him if he can just do this or that, (I don't milk it) he says yes, cos your a proper bloke, and get involved, you don't give orders you ask nicely.

Bodge the Builder.

EDIT = Builders Mate,

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

No, I think he means the one in the right-hand corner with spiky leaves. "Nothing to do with me, officer. I only moved in a few weeks ago".

Oh that one! I need to edit the photo then.

No we took a cutting to the Garden centre because we didn't know what it was and the Girl told us but I cant remember now, I think it began with a P!

Bodge.

Morning Andy.

Can ou make it 100 pages before the first track pin goes in?

Morning Ray, with questions like this to answer, possibly, hahaha

There will be some new content in the next few days.

Bodge.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Dear Mr Bodge

I have a couple of days off and again someone has let the colonel use the regiments computer, I am so sorry. It appears he has seen the old fence taken down and the new one go up. Looks good by the way. Well he has gone into a big sulk after your refusal of the loan of Sergeant Shoutalot and has taken to inspecting the quartermaster’s stores measuring the gaps between the items on the shelves. This is giving the sergeant major and me a rest.

The sergeant major has asked me to say sorry to you as somehow the Military Police have got things Bitton bottom about face (again). They seem to have started investigations into your past; they think because you play a rock and roll electric guitar you belong to some left wing subversive group who ride around on motorcycles selling tea to soldiers. While these soldiers are distracted you are stealing their green paint to sell to the National Trust.

Yours

Craftsman Clive

Rough Engineering Made Easy

Fence looks like a 'proper job' Andy - know what you went through though, it's only a few weeks since SiL and his two sons replaced our damaged fence and I had to settle for drawing up the plan of action and then stay back. They wouldn't let me lift a finger and it comes hard when you think that you were the one, not long ago, who went to their houses to do just that sort of job! Suppose I have to take pride in the fact that I taught them well!

Can't wait to see the 'bunker' in place - hopefully there will be some action on that while I'm away in hospital from next Wednesday (bed availability permitting!). Keep up the recovery work mate, you seem to be getting nearer to your 'old self' daily but you must not risk going back to that state ; for all of our sakes as well as you and Dee. By the way, is she happy the way the bungalow is shaping up? Very important that - Joanna hopes for a similar downsize next year!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

Fence looks like a 'proper job' Andy - know what you went through though, it's only a few weeks since SiL and his two sons replaced our damaged fence and I had to settle for drawing up the plan of action and then stay back. They wouldn't let me lift a finger and it comes hard when you think that you were the one, not long ago, who went to their houses to do just that sort of job! Suppose I have to take pride in the fact that I taught them well!

Can't wait to see the 'bunker' in place - hopefully there will be some action on that while I'm away in hospital from next Wednesday (bed availability permitting!). Keep up the recovery work mate, you seem to be getting nearer to your 'old self' daily but you must not risk going back to that state ; for all of our sakes as well as you and Dee. By the way, is she happy the way the bungalow is shaping up? Very important that - Joanna hopes for a similar downsize next year!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Morning Jock, Firstly good luck for next week, we will all be routing for you.

I had a letter this morning from the Royal Derby Hospital, (previous visits have been to Queens in Burton), for the 15th September, this time its for a Steroid injection in the Hip, apparently its a day job and done in Theater. So that will be a busy weekend, Shed up on Friday 12th, RM Web show either Sat or Sun and now the Hospital on the Monday.

Dee loves the smaller Bung, its easier to look after, but very tight for room, we have had to throw / take to Charity Shops loads of stuff. 3 good size Bedrooms into 2 small ones wont go. And the other thing is ornaments, we only have one WINDOW sill and one wall unit so a lot less room so it was another 2 boxes to go.

I'll have a bit more room in my Potting Shed though, hahhha

Bodge.

• Like 2

I found it quite frustrating when we got builders in to do the main work on the house. Having done all the building work ourselves for most of our married lives, I found myself wanting to get involved and tell the builders how to do things. Fortunately the foreman and I had similar ideas.

Don

Morning Don, my guys really great, when I ask him if he can just do this or that, (I don't milk it) he says yes, cos your a proper bloke, and get involved, you don't give orders you ask nicely.

Bodge the Builder.

EDIT = Builders Mate,

Hi guys,

Sounds like you have/had proper builders there, good stuff!

When we bought our current house, the previous owner had done an 'el cheapo' "Bodged" extension and in the hallway leading to the main bedroom was a platform installed to clear a supporting girder! I can't remember quite why, something to do with a window underneath on the former outside wall.

To fix it required putting in replacement girders, lintels above rather than below the hallway so I proceeded to start getting quotes.

Without looking in the attic and making a proper assessment, one chap said, yeah, yeah - we'll put in a wooden joist!

A couple of others never even turned up!

'My' guy came, made a really thorough assessment, checked attic, outside, over & under and said "I'll put two RSJ's in etc, etc" - he got the job! Turned out he was not only really capable but willing to tackle other jobs too and his work has stood for over 8 years now and nothing has moved one bit.

I normally do the building works around here but that was beyond my skill level and all I had to do was keep the tea coming!

I found that if you look after your builders, having chosen them carefully, it's worth it as your energies can be saved for other jobs.

Cheers y'all!

John.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Oh that one! I need to edit the photo then.

No we took a cutting to the Garden centre because we didn't know what it was and the Girl told us but I cant remember now, I think it began with a P!

Bodge.

That must be Plant, then, Mr Gardener Bodget Sir  :laugh:  or should that be Sir Bodget Gardener, mister.  I can't rmemeber, either. :D

Pollyhayhoe

Thanks Andy!

Good luck with the jab, seem to remember that you didn't like needles. Luckily they don't bother me as I get bloods done at least monthly.

It's the thought of the catheter after the op. that worries me - never had one of those. Hope they can find where to put it on the day HaHaHa as you'd say!

Joanna is luckily a minimalist and so downsizing is no problem that way, but I have to get rid of c.4500 books, umpteen records and magazine as well as most of the 'useful bits' I've been collecting in the garage! She also hasn't seen how much is left in the loft.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi guys,

Sounds like you have/had proper builders there, good stuff!

When we bought our current house, the previous owner had done an 'el cheapo' "Bodged" extension and in the hallway leading to the main bedroom was a platform installed to clear a supporting girder! I can't remember quite why, something to do with a window underneath on the former outside wall.

To fix it required putting in replacement girders, lintels above rather than below the hallway so I proceeded to start getting quotes.

Without looking in the attic and making a proper assessment, one chap said, yeah, yeah - we'll put in a wooden joist!

A couple of others never even turned up!

'My' guy came, made a really thorough assessment, checked attic, outside, over & under and said "I'll put two RSJ's in etc, etc" - he got the job! Turned out he was not only really capable but willing to tackle other jobs too and his work has stood for over 8 years now and nothing has moved one bit.

I normally do the building works around here but that was beyond my skill level and all I had to do was keep the tea coming!

I found that if you look after your builders, having chosen them carefully, it's worth it as your energies can be saved for other jobs.

Cheers y'all!

John.

Normally I hate DIY but once we moved in here I was up for the challenge but that all ended abruptly but I must say he has done a good job, and if I'm honest, probably, NO DEFINITELY better than I could have done, so money well spent.

Bodge.

• Like 3

That must be Plant, then, Mr Gardener Bodget Sir  :laugh:  or should that be Sir Bodget Gardener, mister.  I can't rmemeber, either. :D

Pollyhayhoe

Are you taking the P?

P   olly? :no: :angel: :stinker: :protest: :paint: :nono:

Bodgit :scratchhead:

Thanks Andy!

Good luck with the jab, seem to remember that you didn't like needles. Luckily they don't bother me as I get bloods done at least monthly.

It's the thought of the catheter after the op. that worries me - never had one of those. Hope they can find where to put it on the day HaHaHa as you'd say!

Joanna is luckily a minimalist and so downsizing is no problem that way, but I have to get rid of c.4500 books, umpteen records and magazine as well as most of the 'useful bits' I've been collecting in the garage! She also hasn't seen how much is left in the loft.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Cheers Jock for reminding me about the needles, and as for books I don't have more than about a dozen or so.

Bodge

• RMweb Premium

Are you taking the P?

P   olly? :no: :angel: :stinker: :protest: :paint: :nono:

Bodgit :scratchhead:

Definitely not, squire, just helPin' out with those little Practical haughtycultural Potting Problems. :whistle:

Pollyantha Rose

Well the Bitton Row Cottages arrived yesterday and I have tried to get some decent pics of them.

They were built by Trevor Toon, the same chap that built the last set, its a row of 4, all with Sash Windows, curtains and individual door panels as before.

post-9335-0-83665400-1408725533_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-47846000-1408725524_thumb.jpg

But this time he has opened a front door on one Cottage and you can just see,

the bottom of the stairs,

the stair hand rail,

the 4 panel door into the front room

the light switch, (which is a little large)

and the lamp shade from the ceiling light.

post-9335-0-24223900-1408725605_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23430600-1408725652_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05602100-1408726390_thumb.jpg

I think there rather good, they will now go with the rest for Bitton Village.

post-9335-0-79093500-1408725979_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07143600-1408726007_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-76423600-1408726035_thumb.jpg

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 18