Hi Peter,

A bit of yes and no to that. I've not been myself over that and a dodgy knee which apparently I have 'mild degeneration' in, problem is by the end of the working day its just a little bit too painful to be doing much more and the rest of me is saying sit down! Take heed Andy and listen! I had a blood pressure monitor on for 24 hrs which went back today at 4pm and that is all related to the dog bite. I am doing little bits but nothing worth posting as yet. Thanks for your concern Peter and sorry for hijacking your thread Andy.

Andy,

Regarding the station doors, the 'foyer' type entrance is platform facing and the side door is staff only, therefore passengers etc. had to access the station via the platform to purchase tickets etc. TRUST in them days! So a little gate in the wall close to the building is the answer mate. Hope that helps.

Hi

I would concur with the above, but whilst the building is now the correct way round, Bitton actually has (has) double doors in the approach side of the building. Although even today they are rarely used.

Keep up the good work - TONY

Hi

I would concur with the above, but whilst the building is now the correct way round, Bitton actually has (has) double doors in the approach side of the building. Although even today they are rarely used.

Keep up the good work - TONY

Hi Tony,

Sorry, I should have noted the observations are based on the original 'Dent' building which the model is and not Bitton, Andy did mention ages ago that he 'may' make some alterations - very good luck with that Andy!!!

Evening Guys, Thanks for all the postings since I was last on here.

I've not been posting for a couple of days as Dee said its not doing my shoulder and elbow any good sitting with the Flip Flop on my knee typing all day and night, she's right as its been feeling a bit easier until a few moments ago.

I have had some good advice via a PM on the correct exercise to do so I will be doing that.

I have also been advised to try some Cod Liver Oil Capsules which I had started to take.

So with all that in mind, I wont be back on here until Saturday evening to have a look at things.

Thanks for the info on the Station Building chaps.

BUT

As the doors will never be seen on the Layout as they now face the wall, I MAY still turn it back around as I like the doors at the FRONT and after all its the WRONG building anyway so it wont matter to much.

My excuse will be that BR turned the whole building around in the 1970's to save knocking a hole in the wall for another door. hahhahhah

See you all Saturday night, (if I can stay away that long) although I do look in from my phone from time to time.

• RMweb Gold

It must be serious if you are having to ration your RMweb visits. I do hope you are better soon.

Don

Hi Don,

For Andy - yes ... he even missed our club night.  Hope he can keep up with the exercises because it needs a few weeks before they become routine and are not 'forgotten' on the odd occasion and then again and again ... oops we have been here before!

Peter

O.K. Update time. :O

I went into the shed this afternoon to do some filming for another Video

Unfortunately it was a really bad session.

Constant Short circuiting for no apparent reason, even with no Locos on the track and ME nowhere near the Track.

It would just suddenly short and could only be rectified by taking the three Scenic boards apart.

This has now caused another problem with the Board joint at the far end of the Layout and will need the Track re laying and re soldering.

Anyway, I did manage a bit of Video, 5 mins from FIVE HOURS of trying.

BITTON in RAILFREIGHT

http://youtu.be/iM82c4L-bKw

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Morning Andy

I hope the recovery won't take too long, but also you need to make sure that you don't do too much to soon.

I've been having a look at the lift out section problem again where locos could potentially end up flying (crashing into the floor)

I found this solution on QUAI:87 thread (second photo)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/38591-quai87/page-22&do=findComment&comment=1834949

Morning Andy

I hope the recovery won't take too long, but also you need to make sure that you don't do too much to soon.

I've been having a look at the lift out section problem again where locos could potentially end up flying (crashing into the floor)

I found this solution on QUAI:87 thread (second photo)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/38591-quai87/page-22&do=findComment&comment=1834949

Thanks Duncan but mine comes right out and the track either side of it is dead, so I HOPE I'll be o.k.

Resting the shoulder again today mate.

• Like 3

I've just ordered the Gaugemaster 506 switches to change the points from DCC on the Hand Set to DC and onto a Control Panel after Easter, and I've also ordered the DeLux Materials Ballast Bond, (see You Tube) ready to make a start on that soon as well.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I've just ordered the Gaugemaster 506 switches to change the points from DCC on the Hand Set to DC and onto a Control Panel after Easter, and I've also ordered the DeLux Materials Ballast Bond, (see You Tube) ready to make a start on that soon as well.

Sounds good Andy.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Catch up time! Sorry to hear of the recent health problems Andy. The injection they gave me for my hand worked like magic, lets hope they do as good for you as they did for me.

The planned improvements to the track plan look great. Have you thought about setting up the new shunting area using RTP track and feeling it out/test running etc.

Re the station doors, the stone work under that middle window could be removed with a razor saw and replaced with doors, just a thought.

Need to check out the ballast bond, that sounds interesting.

Take care matey.

Shaun. 

• Like 1

Nice video mate, never mind the 'G-Tap' bit and entitle them 'trains from your armchair' blooming marvellous! :jester:

As for the electrical fault same happened to me remember, okay one day - problem another. Still don't know the cause but I've got around it after 2 days of searching.

Catch up time! Sorry to hear of the recent health problems Andy. The injection they gave me for my hand worked like magic, lets hope they do as good for you as they did for me.

The planned improvements to the track plan look great. Have you thought about setting up the new shunting area using RTP track and feeling it out/test running etc.

Re the station doors, the stone work under that middle window could be removed with a razor saw and replaced with doors, just a thought.

Need to check out the ballast bond, that sounds interesting.

Take care matey.

Shaun. 

Hi Shaun, re the Station doors, yes that was my intention, to make another set of doors, (one Day).

As for laying the track, well I'll do it with the SMP / Hand Built Points after my holiday, but the other side of the room in front of the Storage Yard will be all Peco Track and Points.

• Like 3

Shame about the problems. I know it can be really frustrating when things don't work properly.

Great video though mate with some cracking rolling stock.

Hopefully you sort out the gremlins soon.

Cheers

Marcus

Evening Marcus, I know the problem, I think and its the because of the Point Motors are on the Bus Bar, once back from a short break after Easter they will be put onto a 16V DC switch panel as I have done in the past.

Re the stock, I also have some nice bits that I haven't got out of the boxes yet, they include;

A Rake of 15 Shell TTA Tanks,

Some BDA Steel Flats,

5 Seacows

5 PNA's

8 Grampus

5 Silver Bullets

3 Cargowagons

Mixed Parcels Stock

Plus more Mixed oddballs for Speedlink services.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5