RMweb

• RMweb Gold

I screwed up the previous link, I think - meant this http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p31697

What's very strange is that the price says £197.01 each... not per pair... who would want just one?

Cheers all, I wont be doing to much over Easter or whilst on Holiday so thanks for all your post's Guys.

Does that mean you're not going to be at your open day? I was planning on coming along on Monday, though sadly not with Aidan as he's visting his grandmother in Portsmouth, which is a bit of a trek for a day trip up to Swad! If you're there, I'll see you, but maybe I won't shake your hand as I wouldn't want to hurt anything!

Wishing you a quick recovery Andy.

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 3

What's very strange is that the price says £197.01 each... not per pair... who would want just one?

Does that mean you're not going to be at your open day? I was planning on coming along on Monday, though sadly not with Aidan as he's visting his grandmother in Portsmouth, which is a bit of a trek for a day trip up to Swad! If you're there, I'll see you, but maybe I won't shake your hand as I wouldn't want to hurt anything!

Kind regards, Neil

Hi Neil, yes I will be there and George will be giving me a hand with the weathering and maybe even doing a VIDEO for a bit of fun as well.

Which part of Pompey has Aidan gone to, as I lived just over the Hill and worked down there.

It would be great to see you again, you'll see a LOT of changes and we have two traders, Derby Trees, and Malc's Models, plus our own Peter Bradnam with his Second Hand Sales Table.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Morning Buddy,

Hello mate l will be there on both days to lend a hand with the weathering section and do some operating as well, if needed.

George

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 1

Morning Andy,

Thought you were supposed to be RESTING, and I look in on George's thread to discover that you've already started another layout. Please try not to burn yourself out physically and mentally before Dee has a chance to drag you away to Bala where hopefully, you will be able to re-charge the batteries.

Seriously mate, hope your club weekend goes well and I know that both Peter and George will be looking after you as best they can and, in case I miss you before you go, hope you both have a great time in Bala. You'll have plenty of inspiration for the painting in that lovely scenery and you might even be able to knock out a couple of 'Terence Cuneo' type pictures at the Lakeside Railway! HaHaHa as you would say!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Neil, yes I will be there and George will be giving me a hand with the weathering and maybe even doing a VIDEO for a bit of fun as well.

Which part of Pompey has Aidan gone to, as I lived just over the Hill and worked down there.

It would be great to see you again, you'll see a LOT of changes and we have two traders, Derby Trees, and Malc's Models, plus our own Peter Bradnam with his Second Hand Sales Table.

Glad to hear you'll be there. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes, and indeed the club layouts again.

Aidan's grandmother lives in Cosham. It's not a part of the world I know at all I'm afraid (the grandmother in question is on his dad's side not my sister's... so it's not my mum, just in case you wondered about the strange phraseology when I'm talking about my nephew's grandmother!)

See you on Monday!

Regards, Neil

• Like 4

Morning Andy,

Thought you were supposed to be RESTING, and I look in on George's thread to discover that you've already started another layout. Please try not to burn yourself out physically and mentally before Dee has a chance to drag you away to Bala where hopefully, you will be able to re-charge the batteries.

Seriously mate, hope your club weekend goes well and I know that both Peter and George will be looking after you as best they can and, in case I miss you before you go, hope you both have a great time in Bala. You'll have plenty of inspiration for the painting in that lovely scenery and you might even be able to knock out a couple of 'Terence Cuneo' type pictures at the Lakeside Railway! HaHaHa as you would say!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Cheers Jock, I'm one of those people whose Brain never switches off, I have so many Track Plans and Ideas for Track Plans that I could write a book on the subject.

Every time I see a Layout of piece of Stock on here or in a Magazine I get some CRAZY IDEA for another Layout, as you may well remember I started Buckfast and that is still under Bitton and waiting for the next bit to be done, but I found it hard as it was on top of Bitton Storage Board last time I worked on it and that was difficult.

I now have a pair of low trestles and that has made life easier.

Bala will be a good chance to Chill out although I will take a kit with me, along with my Water Colours and Pencils. I also intend to have an hour or so at Carrog, the new Station at the West End of the Llangollen Railway and not far from Bala.

George and Peter keep telling me to sit down, so I may just do that for a hour or so later, hahaha.

All the best mate and Cheers again for all your concerns.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Kind regards, Neil

Hi Neil,

As the saying used to go in singing round the camp fire if you were a scout 'we are the boys of the left hand shake - brothers all and ...' so you can still shake him by the hand (but not too quickly). Andy is coming and George T will be helping/doing if need be over the whole weekend.

Hope that helps, Peter

Spelling only edited

Edited by PeterBB
  • Like 3

Hi Andy, been off RMweb for a few days so lots of catching up to do. Lookout for a new Shed Layout thread from me shortly, not that the layout will be anytime soon but the shed's progressing nicely. If you're heading to Llangollen on your travels to Bala let us know and if not too busy will try and meet up.

Ray.

• Like 3

Hi Andy, been off RMweb for a few days so lots of catching up to do. Lookout for a new Shed Layout thread from me shortly, not that the layout will be anytime soon but the shed's progressing nicely. If you're heading to Llangollen on your travels to Bala let us know and if not too busy will try and meet up.

Ray.

Hi Ray, there wont be much time this visit I'm afraid, were getting to Bala on Tuesday pm and leaving again on Friday morning and I will just pop into Carrog for an Hour or so when I can, on Wednesday or Thursday or even on the way home Friday. We hope to come back for 10 Days in November and I want to visit you and Peter Midwinter then as well.

My mate has a lovely Western Region Layout about 13ft x 8ft, it has a junction Station on one side of the room / Garage, with a nice Goods Yard and a Branch Station in front of the Fiddle Yard, that's fed from the Island Platform so he can run two Trains on the Main Line and still shunt or run a Train between the Branch and Island Platform, really good operation and interesting to watch.

Cheers.

• Like 6

Hi Andy

Quote -  I have so many Track Plans and Ideas for Track Plans that I could write a book on the subject.

One day when you feel better it might be something to think about?.

Hugh

I did start about 35 years ago, long before the days of Computers, and so it was all long hand and hand drawn, that was hard work so I gave up, but yes its something I need to do when I have a quiet moment, hahahhah.

Cheers Hugh.

• Like 4

Ray.

Do you have a name for the New Project yet mate? how about Polly Quay, HAHHAHA

Hello Mate

Would have loved to have come up to you're open day at the weekend but we're going up to the Peak District for a few days. So useful time to go and do a bit of reconnaissance in the Forest.

As of been beavering away in he loft all week haven't had much time for browsing on here. What's this about a new layout. Just can't keep you down can we HaHaHa.

Enjoy You're trip to Bala and have a good rest.

All the best

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Just caught up and would like to wish you and Dee a nice time in Bala, I won't come to annoy you as I always bring the rain when I go there!

I think the rain can find its own way to Bala. Something has to keep the lake topped up.

With any luck the rain will be having a break too Andy.

Can we look forward to pictures of the railway?

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Since your "rain dancing" has sent the damn stuff over my way, I'm assuming your time in north Wales will be a dry one!

Bitton will still be there when you get back - and you'll no doubt have thought up plenty of new ideas!!

Jeff

Since your "rain dancing" has sent the damn stuff over my way, I'm assuming your time in north Wales will be a dry one!

Bitton will still be there when you get back - and you'll no doubt have thought up plenty of new ideas!!

I think he's managed to send it via Morecambe Jeff because I've been stuck inside for the last couple of days. Still it gives me the chance to attack the forty or so wagon kits I've got hanging around. :locomotive:

Regards

Bill

• Like 4

Hi Andy,

Just caught up and would like to wish you and Dee a nice time in Bala, I won't come to annoy you as I always bring the rain when I go there!

I think the rain can find its own way to Bala. Something has to keep the lake topped up.

With any luck the rain will be having a break too Andy.

Can we look forward to pictures of the railway?

Don

Jeff

I think he's managed to send it via Morecambe Jeff because I've been stuck inside for the last couple of days. Still it gives me the chance to attack the forty or so wagon kits I've got hanging around. :locomotive:

Regards

Bill

Hi Gang, Thanks for all the wishes for a good trip to Bala Guys, the new Station is at Corwen so not far from Bala and its a Steam Service all week.

3 minutes walk to the Lake and about 5 minutes to the Town.

Plans for Bitton?

Well yes, I had a running session this morning for about 2 Hours, I just set two Trains running whilst doing other jobs, and no problems, then all of a sudden, without me even touching a thing, a short circuit, I took all the stock off, all to no avail,  and it all went down hill from there.

Switched off and left it, I will have a look again after the Holiday. :no: 

• RMweb Premium

We've had a similar problem on the O gauge layout at the club today. We only have one (twin) accessory decoder and that is connected to a single point, the other section of the decoder is unused.

One problem was that the point would change randomly. Another was that the decoder encompasses a relay to switch the frog polarity. We could send a train round the layout and it would cross the point quite successfully. The next time it would stall on the frog with no power to the track!

And on an adjacent track just a foot away a rigid chassis 0-6-0T traversed a section of track several times in succession with no other intermediate train movements and then the loco decided to derail each time it passed over the piece of track thereafter!

Andy, you have my sympathy.

P.S. Have you checked that the copper surface of the sleepers on your PCB points has a distinct gap in it. The symptoms you describe all but suggest that there could be a whisker of copper bridging what would otherwise be a gap. Alternatively is the end of a PCB sleeper unintentionally touching the underside of an adjacent rail?

Edited by Ray H