Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

We've had a similar problem on the O gauge layout at the club today. We only have one (twin) accessory decoder and that is connected to a single point, the other section of the decoder is unused.

One problem was that the point would change randomly. Another was that the decoder encompasses a relay to switch the frog polarity. We could send a train round the layout and it would cross the point quite successfully. The next time it would stall on the frog with no power to the track!

And on an adjacent track just a foot away a rigid chassis 0-6-0T traversed a section of track several times in succession with no other intermediate train movements and then the loco decided to derail each time it passed over the piece of track thereafter!

Andy, you have my sympathy.

P.S. Have you checked that the copper surface of the sleepers on your PCB points has a distinct gap in it. The symptoms you describe all but suggest that there could be a whisker of copper bridging what would otherwise be a gap. Alternatively is the end of a PCB sleeper unintentionally touching the underside of an adjacent rail?

Thanks Ray, the Point Motors will come off the Bus Bar and go onto a switch control panel and I'll re check every copper clad sleeper.

Thanks again Ray.

• RMweb Premium

Oi Bodge

Are you going to ask MR Y to lock this thread while you are away, look what the blighters done last time. You don't want to return to find you are on page 300 and a sausage market has been set up in your front garden. :dontknow: :dontknow:

Second thoughts,

Hi gang, lets get this to 300 pages and no mentioning railways.  :rtfm: :mosking:

Oi Bodge

Are you going to ask MR Y to lock this thread while you are away, look what the blighters done last time. You don't want to return to find you are on page 300 and a sausage market has been set up in your front garden. :dontknow: :dontknow:

Second thoughts,

Hi gang, lets get this to 300 pages and no mentioning railways.  :rtfm: :mosking:

vil-denonce.gif  I've turned veggy and I'm out :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Second thoughts,

Bet we can't get to 300 pages (even with Andy around) without a further mention of s*u*a*e*!

Oi Bodge

Second thoughts,

vil-denonce.gif  I've turned veggy and I'm out :jester:

Bet we can't get to 300 pages (even with Andy around) without a further mention of s*u*a*e*!

That would be a FUNNY WAY to finish Bitton. :O

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Hope you enjoyed Bala and that you and Dee are feeling much better as a result of it. Boy does time fly - I'll bet you are 'straining at he Bit...' and raring to go.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Andy, where are you? Have you looked in here since your frog-hunting expedition to Lake Bala? (see Lounge for pictures)....

With all this mention of S--s-g-s (you know what I mean), I thought you'd be threatening to barbecue those concerned!  :O  :O

Jeff

• Like 8

I think he is still taking it easy after his break. Good sense I think.

Don

I agree, but he's been posting on a lot of other threads so I hope he's not in the potting shed doing a 'Larry'.........
  • Like 4

Andy, where are you? Have you looked in here since your frog-hunting expedition to Lake Bala? (see Lounge for pictures)....

With all this mention of S--s-g-s (you know what I mean), I thought you'd be threatening to barbecue those concerned!  :O  :O

Jeff

I think he is still taking it easy after his break. Good sense I think.

Don

I agree, but he's been posting on a lot of other threads so I hope he's not in the potting shed doing a 'Larry'.........

Hi Guys, nothing interesting to post on Bitton at the moment, so there wont be any more updates for a few weeks I expect..

YES I AM DOING A LARRY, :O  but not on the Bitton Station and Yard side YET. :scratchhead:

All will be revealed when its nearly done and I will explain all then, and NOT BEFORE. :sungum:  :sungum:

hHAHhhhahahhhahEEEEEHHaaaa :no:  :no: :no:  :no:

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

I have been not to tell anyone so don't pass this on :nono: :nono: . Our Andy has gone and  fitted a king size bath in the potting shed, lifted the track on Bitton and re-laid with narra gauge stuff, and soon he will be opening the Swad Lake Railway. Like I say don't tell anyone as it is supposed to be a secret. :secret: :secret:

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I have been not to tell anyone so don't pass this on :nono: :nono: . Our Andy has gone and  fitted a king size bath in the potting shed, lifted the track on Bitton and re-laid with narra gauge stuff, and soon he will be opening the Swad Lake Railway. Like I say don't tell anyone as it is supposed to be a secret. :secret: :secret:

Not even close Clive, but it will be better once done, and it will HOPEFULLY give me what I want from the Bitton side of the old Potting Shed as well.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I'd give up while you're ahead, Clive. Second-guessing Andy can be quite tricky! 

I remember when he spent a week or so stringing us along trying to guess what he'd bought - and it ended up as a Blue Pullman set. Did anyone actually guess that?

He's probably got something planned for his yard design. Holiday or not, I can't believe his mind will have completely shut out railway matters.

Jeff

Evening Guys,

all going well, there will be some answers to some tricky questions in the next week or two.

And yes Jeff, I spent the Holiday DOODLING NEW ideas.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

BITTON FOR SALE. :O

Sorry guys, but its just NOT floating my boat.

The three boards on the scenic side and the two end boards are available including the Station Buildings and Signal Cabin, its wired for DCC with 11 Traintronis TT300 Point Motors fitted and wired.

it measures 17ft 5 inches x 8ft 6 inches including current Storage Yard Boards, so an ideal Club or home project.

The Storage Yard boards may be available if required.

The sky back scene may also be available.

Please PM if interested, but I don't really want to go into the whys and wherefores on here at the moment. I know a lot of people will be very disappointed in me, but I need to move on and do what I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andy,

Sounds as though it's probably for the best if it's not working out for you, hobbies are there to be enjoyed after all.

I used to have my O gauge running in the shed in a U shape running from fiddle yard via a small halt to a small terminus but I never felt comfortable with it. I then built my shunting layout and enjoy that much more.

All the best.

Alan.

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

If only I had the space matey, sorry to hear this but as you say, you should only do what YOU like not what this place might make you 'feel' like doing.

With you all the way on this and I'm sure that whatever you do will be FUN.

Cheers,

John.

• RMweb Gold

BITTON FOR SALE. :O

Sorry guys, but its just NOT floating my boat.

Please PM if interested, but I don't really want to go into the whys and wherefores on here at the moment. I know a lot of people will be very disappointed in me, but I need to move on and do what I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH.

Does that mean you've seen the light and going to model God's Wonderful Andrew. ;) As comfortable as a pair of new slippers.