The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

We can do better than some canal map, surely

34theletterbetweenB&D

Lots of perfectly ordinary objects look like genitalia if you look at them with that in mind but far more serious is that they  omitted to show the narrow gauge railway that still runs alongside part of the canal.

I think that instead of " It does look, as the poster on Facebook says, like a willy. We didn't notice it. Somebody should have seen it, I agree" Simon Salem should just have suggested that some people need to get out more.

I was far more amused by this headline that appeared on the same BBC News page  "Can Birmingham solve the UK's sp*rm donor shortage?"

My wife likes to drag me up that path, never made it past the Boat which is a super pub for a bit of lunch, either inside during the colder months or outside when its hot. The Rising Sun is a real ale pub, nice selection of beers and I think hosts a real ale and Jazz festival in the autumn

Must show the wife the link, as the walk will never be the same again

Having seen this article this morning, I fail to see what all the fuss is about.  The basic fact of the matter is, the area in question has a particular shape - and it is a pretty wide stretch to associate that with a piece of male anatomy beginning with P (The word itself seems to fall foul of the censor)

It is vaguely reminiscent of that programme in the 80s where Esther Rantzen would repetitively haul out vegetables that looked like various bits of anatomy.

Don't get me wrong, I like a joke too, but I just don't find this particularly funny - and certainly not worth a news article.  Maybe I am just getting old!

If this was the result of a map drawing homework...

Am surprised that it wasn't used in an Austin Powers film, but the Canal and Waterways Trust, & Berkhamsted will be pleased to see that the cock up has put them back on the map.

Just to remind everyone that August is traditionally referred to as the 'silly season' in the news media, and all sorts of stories, that would not normally get beyond the sub-editor's desk, reach prominence.

I thought it was Cyril Fletcher who displayed the genitally-modified vegetables on 'That's Life'?

• RMweb Gold

the end of the day its all about publicity no one in berkhampstead seems too bothered about it and can see the funny side and as thet say if it boosts tourism, very good, you can probably be sure the story was broken by someone from the local tourist authority

it used to make me laugh in king sutton where the sign says "discover the oxford canal" but someone had peeled off the C

im just off to look for a map of wookey hole that i can compare to a lady parts

Just to remind everyone that August is traditionally referred to as the 'silly season' in the news media, and all sorts of stories, that would not normally get beyond the sub-editor's desk, reach prominence.

I thought it was Cyril Fletcher who displayed the genitally-modified vegetables on 'That's Life'?

I read that as Cyril Freezer first time round :O

• RMweb Premium

I misread this as Cyriil Freezer and was wondering why the editor of RM was on TV

I was far more amused by this headline that appeared on the same BBC News page  "Can Birmingham solve the UK's sp*rm donor shortage?"

If they cant solve it themselves I am sure they will have a hand in it!

Archived