Martin Finney retired

MPR

There were two types of GW riveter at Scaleforum: £45 (basic) and £85 (all-singing).

Horse do you have any photos of the basic one?

i am keen but the problem still remains of the U.K. Cheque... I know that over seas money orders are worth a fortune before you put any money on them from this end!

Any how I am glad the kit supply is back in operation.

I do know of 2 Stella's and a 1851 pannier tank here that are looking for a good home. They even come with P4 ultra scale wheels at what I think is a very reasonable price. PM me if you are interested!

• RMweb Premium

In the latest MRJ the all-singing variant is listed at £95-00 plus £7 p&p for UK; no price is quoted for the basic variant (which I suspect is very close to the Graskop variant).

There's also others available, including the much cheaper LRM variant; see this thread:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/35517-rivet-press-tool-is-there-a-review-of-available-types/

HTH

Brian

There were two types of GW riveter at Scaleforum: £45 (basic) and £85 (all-singing).

Horse do you have any photos of the basic one?

i am keen but the problem still remains of the U.K. Cheque...

Oddly enough, I predicted you'd ask this. I'll send the photo to you by MMS.

He may have a problem with import duty / customs / GST when it gets there.

He wont. the limit is still AUD $1000

My Finney Rover came through with no problem so they currently take a liberal view of the threshold.

I have the press and large rolling bars. Both are very useful tools.

Regards,

Craig W

Sorry guys... I have not looked at this thread for a while. Yes I have thought of all of those things including by sister in London... As she will be back soon along with her boy friend I will ask him if he is willing too. However in the mean time I have a Graskrop Riveter that I have borrowed! So the problem may be solved in the short term.

Not Martin Finney as such, but rather the Brassmasters refining of the range. They have announced they are working on a rivetted tender version of the 3500 gallon tender. While there is a Mitchell version available, this more accurately represents the tender in 1930s and onwards condition. The earlier arrangements of the vacuum cylinder not being covered in the Mitchell kit. This is a very sensible move, hopefully they will announce a Saint soon  :sungum:

Regards,

Craig W

To reinforce Horsetans comment , Brassmasters is not only committed to getting the Finney range reissued but they also have a range of EasyChas projects on the go and they all take a lot of time and effort.

So patience chaps!

David

To reinforce Horsetans comment , Brassmasters is not only committed to getting the Finney range reissued but they also have a range of EasyChas projects on the go and they all take a lot of time and effort.

So patience chaps!

David

David,

I am very aware of the range you produce, the comment was (partly) in jest.  It is good to see  the variant of the 3500 gallon tender being done because it does fill a gap.

Regards,

Craig W

• Like 1

....getting the Finney range reissued but... also have a range of EasyChas projects on the go and they all take a lot of time and effort....

Any chance of dipping your toe in the 7mm market, David?

Jeff, darling, did you not read what he wrote? How is going into 7mm going to help?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I know....but when the sale was announced, LOADS of folk said it would sell, don't worry, it's definite etc etc.

And here we are.

Jeff I am sure it will sell, but as I have found out with Gladiator it takes a long time to conclude.

I know for a fact there are at least two bids on Mr Finney's table - and I'm not too shy to say that one of them is mine. Right now it is just not tax efficient to sell the business during this financial year. Everything will happen in 2016. The great thing for the new owner is all this pent up demand will create a wonderful first trading year!

• Like 4

Just checking out the latest Brassmasters blog they say they are doing another batch of kits. Is there any info on which ones?

It is interesting that I wrote ages ago that funny things turn up here in Australia. A friend started to sell off his collection of Finney kits which I believe are all sold now. They were the GWR kits for a few. I was almost tempted by a 57xx but as I have started the tender for one of my loco's I really don't need to add more to the list of things to do!

Just checking out the latest Brassmasters blog they say they are doing another batch of kits. Is there any info on which ones?...

Read the blog again. The "Hall" and "Bulldog" are part of this second batch. I wasn't expecting the "Hall" to come out quite so soon, so will probably have to skip it for now and wait for the V2.

• 2 weeks later...