Martin Finney retired

MPR

Horse just buy one.... Retirement is the thing that you can reduce your working hours to only 40 a week.... Says me who is now hitting 58hours in 5 days... Oh and yes i have to turn up to work tomorrow! Wonder why I am not getting near the kits I have!

Oh, like you are about to start it in the next few hours!!... the Norf London strategic reserve has grown again!.... you can order the wheels and they will still be maturing when you start to build it in years to come. 

Infact, I would prefer to have the wheels in the box so when those 8 weeks :scratchhead:​  of free time come your way the kit can be started and finished in one move.  :sungum:

Any how was there any scuttlebut on when the balance will be made available? I know there is a lot of kits and bits to be assembled prior to releasing the last batches! 

Any how was there any scuttlebut on when the balance will be made available? I know there is a lot of kits and bits to be assembled prior to releasing the last batches! 

Talking to John at EM North a week ago, the target plan is "The rest of GWR by Warley" followed by LNER sometime next year.

Talking to John at EM North a week ago, the target plan is "The rest of GWR by Warley" followed by LNER sometime next year.

Pretty much the same forecast at Scaleforum. Technically they are ahead of schedule by coming out with the first lot now, compared with the initial estimate of November 2015. LNER most probably next year.

And don't forget that complete packs of castings for each kit might be available separately if you want to upgrade other kits or RTR models. There's an ancient Airfix Large Prairie here that could do with a makeover......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Why they're doing it in that order beats me.

Why on earth would anyone want to buy GWR....

I'm off....... :jester:

• Like 2

Plus ca change...the GWR modellers get the most and the first of everything.

Some say...that it's because there are more GWR modellers.

But what if there are more GWR modellers BECAUSE they get the first and most of everything?

• RMweb Premium

Plus ca change...the GWR modellers get the most and the first of everything.

Some say...that it's because there are more GWR modellers.

But what if there are more GWR modellers BECAUSE they get the first and most of everything?

We are at the bottom of the pile when it comes to coaching stock.

And we know what we find at the bottom of the pile, don't we.

I had a conversation with someone at S4um at the resurgence of 4mm kits for GWR locos, with the reappearance of the Finney kits from Brassmasters and David Geen's range in production again with his return to full health. We concluded that some years ago it seemed that every other  layout was GWR, but in more recent years the LNER have come to the fore.

Carriages are very much the poor relations, both with many modellers and some suppliers, but if you took up modelling the LNWR, I think you might do you would do rather better.

• RMweb Premium

And we know what we find at the bottom of the pile, don't we.

I had a conversation with someone at S4um at the resurgence of 4mm kits for GWR locos, with the reappearance of the Finney kits from Brassmasters and David Geen's range in production again with his return to full health. We concluded that some years ago it seemed that every other  layout was GWR, but in more recent years the LNER have come to the fore.

Carriages are very much the poor relations, both with many modellers and some suppliers, but if you took up modelling the LNWR, I think you might do you would do rather better.

I would purchase some LNWR coaches if I could find out which diagrams worked through Devon in '25. Finding out what coach diagrams were used on through diagrams seems to be a bit scant. There have been several requests over the years for info for different eras, but most come back with little or no answers.

I expect by 1925 they would tend to be the later 57' stock. The GWR loading gauge might indicate whether the High Elliptical roof versions would be okay,  or whether it would be restricted to the slightly earlier but essentially similar Cove Roof versions.

I think the man most likely to know would be Philip Millard, the current LNWR Society President. An enquiry through the LNWRS Forum would get a response from him.

It is all rather interesting this thread... from I'm retiring... Panic... buy all the kits.. they wont be around..... 'Phew.... some one has purchased the range... who was that.... panic ... let it not be a non manufacturer who will bury the range.... to Oh it is Brassmasters.... Phew..... How long will it take them.... But no one has purchased the 7mm... panic.. Oh now why is it just the GWR.... the rest will come. 

As I said ages ago... things all happen for a reason if it is meant to be it will... if not well go off and do flower arranging! 

I do feel for the 7mm guys as they are still in the panic stage... no doubt in time it will be all OK. 

The entire position for Brassmasters is all very good as they are getting the sales and the modellers are able to access the kits. 

There was an original Finney M7 kit in the Scaleforum bring-and-buy, priced at £90, which nobody seemed to want. Come to think of it, there were a small number of quality kits that were there on the Sunday that nobody seemed to want, including a SEF USATC at £80 including P4 wheels, a Mitchell 44xx, and what looked like a Brassmasters Patriot.

I wonder if these people know of the bring and buy here on Rmweb and also the s4 forum. I know what I would like and what I am chasing! So it is only bringing the buyers and the sellers to one place.

Any one with a A1 Finney kit looking for a new home? PMs encouraged to me! . Horse can help with V2s he has a warm and loving shelf just perfect for one!

It is one of those things that patience and being in the right place at the right time. I find it usually takes about 24 months for things to turn up. Time making ones wants known then things happen. Horse you I know are aware of what is out there and what you want!

Being here in Australia it is a lot harder to find things however I did get a Dave Bradwell B1 chassis and things!

• RMweb Premium

There was an original Finney M7 kit in the Scaleforum bring-and-buy, priced at £90, which nobody seemed to want. Come to think of it, there were a small number of quality kits that were there on the Sunday that nobody seemed to want, including a SEF USATC at £80 including P4 wheels, a Mitchell 44xx, and what looked like a Brassmasters Patriot.

The patriot would've been of interest to me if the price was right; some of the items available on the saturday seemed a tad overpriced to me :(

....Horse can help with V2s he has a warm and loving shelf just perfect for one!

Yes, but Brassmasters relieved me of the budget for it by insisting that I take possession of a 47xx on the basis that this was the one they had produced first.

....I find it usually takes about 24 months for things to turn up. ....

You'll be waiting a long time for that Graskop riveter then. Some of us might not live that long.

I know of at least 1 or 2 here in Melbourne..... the only problem with me asking for them is usually for the modeller to fall off the perch :O I would prefer that they stuck around! 

Otherwise it is the GW press though that might cost a lot more as I would have to drop in on Scaleforum.... which requires a couple of plane trips.... the Kids preclude this as JamesN is currently singing his way round New Zealand in National boys Choir of Australia.http://nationalboyschoir.com.au/..which is making a serious dint in the travelling money! 

I am patient so I can wait. It will appear. 

I know of at least 1 or 2 here in Melbourne..... the only problem with me asking for them is usually for the modeller to fall off the perch :O I would prefer that they stuck around! 

Otherwise it is the GW press though that might cost a lot more as I would have to drop in on Scaleforum.... which requires a couple of plane trips.... ....

There were two types of GW riveter at Scaleforum: £45 (basic) and £85 (all-singing).

LRM list a "gravity powered rivet embossing tool" for £12 - Click here