Class 07 Diesel

rembrow

I bought one of these on Friday, a BR green one.  Is it my faulty perception, or is it the wrong shade of green?  The model appears to me to be BR standard loco green. 

Definitely not BR loco green, looks close enough to SR coach green to me.

Img_4702.jpg

I bought one of these on Friday, a BR green one.  Is it my faulty perception, or is it the wrong shade of green?  The model appears to me to be BR standard loco green.  As built, the colour used on the 07 was didtinctly lighter and more like the old SR malachite green.

Definitely not BR loco green, looks close enough to SR coach green to me.

Herb's right; the 07s were a Lancing coaching stock green and the model depicts this - they've got it spot on in my view.

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, has anyone got any audio of one of these at work that they would allow me to use as background to a model video I am making?

I can find videos online but can't get permission to use the sounds.

Many thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Can any of the people that know confirm Heljan is not planning to reissue #2911 07 005 (with pipes) as they seem to be out of stock everywhere and I've been told i can't order this model as it not going to be available from Heljan.

thanks

B

Hi all,

Can any of the people that know confirm Heljan is not planning to reissue #2911 07 005 (with pipes) as they seem to be out of stock everywhere and I've been told i can't order this model as it not going to be available from Heljan.

thanks

Olivas claim to have them in stock

https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Heljan/Heljan-class-07/Heljan-2910-class-07-shunter-2993-no-d-with-air-brakes-in-br-blue-livery-2/

Thanks i did see this, but £140 that's a premium price compared with most retailers......it's £35 more than Rails.....and most other retailers seem to be £125ish and for a shunter is about the new reasonable!

BW

B

Thanks i did see this, but £140 that's a premium price compared with most retailers......it's £35 more than Rails.....and most other retailers seem to be £125ish and for a shunter is about the new reasonable!

BW

B

Don't get me and others started on this retailer!

PRESS RELEASE October 1st, 2018

BACK BY PUBLIC DEMAND! NINE MORE CLASS 07s FOR EARLY-2019

After much of the first production run sold out in double-quick time earlier this year, a second batch of OO gauge Class 07s in now in preparation for release in the New Year. In response to strong demand and positive reviews for the first production run, nine additional Class 07s are now being prepared for release in early2019. These will cover new identities for the most popular BR green and BR blue editions which sold out quickly earlier this year, the well-known Eastleigh Works shunter of the 1970s/80s, D2991, plus two more attractive industrial versions in ICI grey/orange and Powell Duffryn blue/white. See below for the full list.

These attractive 0-6-0 diesel shunting locomotives were delivered to BR Southern Region in 1962 for shunting at Southampton Docks. Designed to replace the famous ‘USA’ Tanks, they featured a short wheelbase suitable for negotiating the many tightly curved lines in the docks. Changes in the handling of goods through the docks, led to a decline in their work during the 1970s and the class was withdrawn by BR in 1976/77. However, several of these useful machines were sold to industrial users, including ICI on Teesside and Powell Duffryn in South Wales. Others passed into preservation and seven survive today, including one still earning its keep as a works shunter at Eastleigh Works, close to its original home. Heljan’s model is the first-ever ready-to-run OO gauge Class 07 and features superb detail and two variants covering original BR condition and later dualbraked locomotives.

Deliveries are expected early in 2019 and can be ordered from your local Heljan stockist now!

2906_side.jpg

2906_end1.jpg

Loco Nos: D2985-D2998, later 07001-07014 (total 14)

Builder: Ruston & Hornsby, Lincoln Service Life: 1962-77 (BR), with some locos lasting in industrial service into the 2000s.

SRP: £139.95

V1 - as-built BR Locos

2904: BR(S) green D2986

2905: BR(S) green D2988

2906: BR Eastleigh Works light green D2991

2907: BR blue D2998

2908: BR blue 07002

2909: Powell Duffryn blue/white ‘07006’

2909_side.jpg

2909_end1.jpg

V2 – Later BR and industrial dual-braked variant

2914: BR blue 2989 – V2

2915: BR blue 07009 (weathered) – V2

2916: ICI grey/orange 07005 Langbaurgh – V2

These models have a 6-pin DCC interface and their SRP is £139.95.

• Like 6

I’m glad to learn that these have been a success for Heljan, with its reputation somewhat battered by Beyer-Garratts, L&Bs and “Night Owls”. I have two. They run beautifully and the lubricator linkage makes the one on Hornby’s Q1 look clumsy in camparison. Shunting lights too. Heljan has been ahead of the game in building tiny lights into diesel shunters. Viva Heljan! Well, for this model anyhow. I wonder where the rest of my Gresley O2s have got to.

Yes - good that these are a success indeed.

I hope this might encourage our good friends in Denmark to undertake another venture into the realm of the small British Diesel shunter.

Unlike mainline classes of diesel of which most have been done, there are a few shunters awaiting the attentions of a decent ready to run stab.

Would gladly go for an 01 / 02 / 06 myself!

Yes - good that these are a success indeed.

I hope this might encourage our good friends in Denmark to undertake another venture into the realm of the small British Diesel shunter.

Unlike mainline classes of diesel of which most have been done, there are a few shunters awaiting the attentions of a decent ready to run stab.

Would gladly go for an 01 / 02 / 06 myself!

I certainly agree that a decent 06 or an 01/02 would be most welcome and I feel that Heljan are the manufacturer most likely to take the plunge. Hopefully the success of the 07 will encourage them to. I look forward to expanding my TOPS blue fleet.

Hello everyone

I knew peakstone brought class 07001 for work at high peak railway for few years later replaced other locomotive so ICI hopper wagon was heavy carry white stones by class 07001 yellow did managed with wagon ?

Hello everyone

And what wrong with my question because I been tried searched online about peakstone shunter of class 07 yellow and I can’t find details or information about Ex BR class 07 was managed the load of full white stone inside open wagon

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I have recently purchased a class 07 (HNRC) version and have fitted a guagemaster dcc23 decoder and all is working fine, Does anyone know if the lights are meant to stay on all the time regardless of using 0 on most other locos to turn the lights off and on? Also if I do press 0 as you would to turn lights on or off there is a faint humming sound?