Ripper Street (series 3)

Hroth

Just seen the trailer for Ripper Street series 3, now taken over from the BBC by Amazon Prime....

One of the brief scenes in the trailer is of a railway collision between two steam locos on a viaduct/elevated section of track (about 8 seconds in).

It involves a pannier tank (looks like a 57xx) in what appears to be London Transport livery, travelling wrong line with express headlamps, pulling what appear to be "Annie" and "Claribel" type coaches, colliding with a Fowler 3F, carrying express freight headlamps, with what appears to be a BR number behind the cab, though I can't identify the insignia on the tank side.

I'm mildly curious about how these 50's liveried locos, of types dating from the inter-war years, managed to travel back in time to late Victorian London, let alone got into the situation they're in, though not so curious as to subscribe to Amazon to find out!

• RMweb Gold

As an aside, it's really interesting to see companies like Amazon Prime and Netflix picking up series and creating original content. Further diversifies TV production and will hopefully result in more and better content being made.

• RMweb Gold

A great shame that this series has departed the BBC fold - good cast and storylines albeit rather 'grim' at times but it seems the BBC 'suits' thought it was not for them for some reason (no doubt not PC enough).

At least it seems that 'Peaky Blinders' is not going to go that way with the Shelby clan living to fight another day (and make another series it seems).

A great shame that this series has departed the BBC fold - good cast and storylines albeit rather 'grim' at times but it seems the BBC 'suits' thought it was not for them for some reason (no doubt not PC enough).

At least it seems that 'Peaky Blinders' is not going to go that way with the Shelby clan living to fight another day (and make another series it seems).

well i hope they do,never miss it. :offtopic:

• RMweb Gold

Yee..hah !! Love it. Though that's too strong a word. Too strong for the tastes of many,my wife included. A rare occasion when I am the solitary viewer. Superb direction,photography and acting performances to savour .Sad that it seems we've seen the last of Sam Neil's character.As fine a potrayal of controlled,suppressed malice as I am ever likely to see on the small screen.God...the suspense generated building to not one shattering climax but two.Helen McCrory's performance as the sister is a reminder of her recent triumph as Medea at The National Theatre.That too wasn't a bundle of laughs.

Peaky Blinders has also been well received in the U.S.though just how they cut through the accents is puzzling.Now...another series...marvellous. How about 'The Village' though....equally marvellous. Come on BBC,how about it.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Here is a breakdown of some of the shots put together by Screen Scne in Dublin, who do the computer effects for the series.

On a less ambitious scale and budget I am doing something similar for my M.A. project. I hope to post some still soon on the thread for that.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/101403-ma-project-recreating-york-railways-station-1958-on-film/

Jamie

EDIT: There is another thread on this subject:
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/101702-ripper-street-train/

Archived