• RMweb Premium
On 19/12/2021 at 21:40, russ p said:

There are quite a few of us in norfolk on here

That be right Bor,

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Yes indeed.

Looks fantastic Russ, echoing the above I can really feel the different locations around the county.

Cheers guys 

After a few false starts this winter due to restoring car parts I'm really getting into it again. 

One thing 8m messing about with is sound I have a gaugemaster rural sound module but I've been looking at the BBC sounds library.  

I don't want to make it irritating though.  The unit I have is very ambient and you don't have really realise its on.

I did have a bit of a woble the other day with constant derailment of some Bachmann mk1s, turns out all of them had wrong back to back measurements once they have been adjusted the fault went away 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Been messing around with sound this week,  fitted a digitrains sound decoder and stay alive to an Oxford janus and some TTS decoders to some Hornby 31s which technically are 30s so until a decent mirlees decoder comes along which is  unlikely I'll stick with the Hornby ones 

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, malc60015 said:

Hi Russ,

good to see you back, just love the Brush 4s ( that shows my age).

keep up the good work you were sorely missed while you were absent.

Cheers Malc

Cheers Malc

I haven't been far, I mess around with cars in the summer but this year I've been busy with a restoration project so it's taken me a bit longer to get into modelling. 

There is still a bit of sorting to do on the quayside and colourlights to wire up then the layout is more or less complete. 

Then there is loads of weathering to do on stock and road vehicles. 

I'm quite pleased with the progress as I started building baseboards on Christmas eve 2018

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Got one of those little cube cameras which I've had on a wagon and in inaccessible places today. 

The resolution isn't the best and in the first one my driving isn't either.  What looks reasonably accurate from above is far too fast from within the train

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Brian D said:

That's a great selection of pics Russ.  I know that the prototypes very notoriously unreliable, is that why the train is double headed in case one 15 fails? :jester:

All the best for the New Year.

Regards,

Brian.

Cheers Brian,  I just thought I'd run a pair

People that I know that worked 15s say they were nice locos and very nice riding 

Happy new year to you too Brian and the rest of the folk on this forum

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Had a play about with some background sounds today with speakers in the signalbox and booking hall . The clip I used for the box has a few too many bells but it's proved the concept works

Not sure why the 47 goes back and forth in the Station it was when F26 was operated which is supposed to be brake dump

The background sounds are off the BBC sounds Archive 

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, LNERGE said:

I rather brutally dressed the rails with a course file on some of my bridges on my garden railway. It looks awful but gives the bridges a nice rumble when trains go over.

It does make a plasticy rumble when trains go over it as its made up of plastic girders and is hollow. I would love to find a way of adding the sound of wheels going on and off the deck

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Worthy of publication in one of the mags imho. Really does do the layout proud. 

Thanks Brian much appreciated,  there is movement on that front 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A sound decoder also turned up for my 25/0 which I've converted from a 24. Not sure whether any 25/0s ever made it to norfolk but I have a bit of a soft spot for them

It's working a summer Saturday train to the Midlands or South Yorkshire 

• Like 4