Chiltern 68s to enter passenger service

Hi,

That only specifies that they are Loco-Hauled, not what type of loco is hauling them.

Simon

I apologise, I was merely trying to offer some immediate help for a Thursday trip not knowing the 68's were confined to the slam door stock only :(

I apologise, I was merely trying to offer some immediate help for a Thursday trip not knowing the 68's were confined to the slam door stock only :(

Hi Adrian,

Perfectly alright, it was informative, now I know what to look for on the timetable, sorry if my reply was a bit blunt, it wasn't intended as such.

Simon

If the 68 is working it is on the 0744 from Banbury then the 1750 from Marylebone. However if the 68 does operate it one of the coaches is removed due to incompatible wiring.

They have managed to get as far as Stourbridge Junction with the slam door set which is very rare it to get past Banbury. This is only on a ECS training move.

The other issue is not a huge number of drivers have had training on these yet so they do occasionally get swapped quite close to departure time if no one is available. This happend 2 minutes before departure on Wednesday morning.

It was definitely working on Thursday (9/1) and Friday (10/1).

Alistair

• 3 weeks later...

A change of loco. 68010 hauled the 17:50 Marylebone to Banbury last night taking over from 68012 which has hauled all the Banbury's so far.

It appears to me that 68010 is quieter than 68012 noticed last night while travelling in the front vestibule. When I travelled that way behind 12 it was deafening. Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was on the slam door set yesterday morning too.

post-651-0-27880200-1424205633_thumb.jpg

0758 at Bicester North.

They did have a one of the 68's on a silver set north of the slip. Not sure if it's been on this week. Think it's 20:02(?) from Leamington Spa.

Also had 68012 on a silver set the Thursday PM (29th) and Friday AM (30th).

Alistair

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry this is a little off-topic but was working in Shap today and was done for 14:30.  Checked Realtime Trains and noticed a STP Preston to Motherwell TMD (DRS) that was due to stop at Tebay but was running early and went straight through.  In the hope it was a 68 I parked up just off the A6 and managed to get some photos with my phone before heading home down the M6.  

post-25512-0-32772100-1426880133_thumb.jpg

post-25512-0-85393900-1426880158_thumb.jpg

post-25512-0-66666000-1426880183_thumb.jpg

Not likely at the moment, two of the sets don't seem to have ETH working when they have a 68 coupled to them, AL02 defiantly as that failed at Stourbridge yesterday morning with no heat in the coaches 68011 was the loco and then it went empty to Wembley, the set reappeared today with a 67 at the helm!

i know that the contract for the 67s ends next week as its year end financially but we will see if any stay on.

Mark 

I spent yesterday afternoon at Chearsley and saw a 67 on an evening train to Stourbridge (IIRC). The loco hauled diagrams are, according to 'RealTime Trains' timed as for a Cl.158 dmu. I'll put a short video up when I've processed them.

Two things, are the loco hauled trains on regular diagrams that can be predicted, and, off topic, do the Bin Liners still run from Ruislip?

Regards

Edited : 67 was 68!

I spent yesterday afternoon at Chearsley and saw a 68 on an evening train to Stourbridge (IIRC). The loco hauled diagrams are, according to 'RealTime Trains' timed as for a Cl.158 dmu. I'll put a short video up when I've processed them.

Two things, are the loco hauled trains on regular diagrams that can be predicted, and, off topic, do the Bin Liners still run from Ruislip?

Regards

Hi,

The Loco hauled trains should be on regular diagrams, although the haulage at the moment is unpredictable.

Yes, the Bin Liners still run out of the Ruslip.

Simon

Archived