Muddy's dithering "journey" into O Gauge - help please GWR vs Southern decision

muddys-blues

Anything new in Dithering Land Craig? :no:  :boast:  :crazy:  :crazy:

Hi Andy, nothing to report on here that is worth bothering with "yet", I have re-jigged the home office area around so this allows me to have an elongated U-shaped layout now, the scenic section will be just along the long side of the room under the purling beams in the slope of the eave, the depth of the layout will be 3' (900mm) the rail height will be set at 920mm (36.5"), this will give me approx 10"-11" height at the rear of the layout, which is a scale height of some 36ft, this will allow for a nice 2 storey station building and tree line etc.

At each end of the layout the tracks will curve away to the front of the layout to the FY's which will be at 90' degrees to the layout, I plan to install the lighting next week behind the purling beams so this gives light over the layout, also the eaves ceiling is a proper plastered and painted finish I am looking into the possibility of painting this as a cloudy sky effect as the ceiling does slope away another 1ft down behind the rear of the layout, this is an angle of around 40' degrees.

I will try and get a plan and sketch done later ....... I have been busy with work all summer, as you know the biggest chunk of our personal time this year was spent with time afforded to Family commitments, Teenage school of motoring helping our Daughter pass her driving test and visiting & supporting our Son's fine achievement in passing out in HM Armed Forces ..... which all in all is time well invested and is never begrudged as Family does come first over Railway Modelling  :imsohappy:

But alas as the end of the Summer Season approaches I am hoping to afford sometime to the layout building this Autumn "I think I said this last year, and the year before !!!" but I keeping popping in Jinty's and reading all the other great threads to keep my interest from waning some what as it can be a little disheartening to have all the materials ready to go, but not having the time to do it.

Best regards

Craig.

• 4 months later...

Hello Gents, the news is it's still dithering ..... very much like Bury FC's defenders and Strikers at the moment !!!! 

Feb 2018 is the start in earnest date on the trackwork, as my Good Lady & I are off on a nice holiday at the end of this week  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

All the best to all for 2018

Craig "the long suffering Shaker"

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
On 31/12/2017 at 17:19, muddys-blues said:

Hello Gents, the news is it's still dithering ..... very much like Bury FC's defenders and Strikers at the moment !!!! 

Feb 2018 is the start in earnest date on the trackwork, as my Good Lady & I are off on a nice holiday at the end of this week  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

All the best to all for 2018

Craig "the long suffering Shaker"

Dithering?

No rush I suppose in sleepy Wales :D

Congratulations on the promotion BTW - now try and stay in the division.....

Ian

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Dithering?

No rush I suppose in sleepy Wales :D

Congratulations on the promotion BTW - now try and stay in the division.....

Ian

Craig's going into dithering melt down after Bury's promotion ......the clubs going to have to pay the players 'double black pudding's ' as a bonus now :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I am still around, life has got in the way !!

We moved into a new house at the end of July, planning has been submitted for a purpose built extension, which will be Mancave territory, space will be some where in region of 24 ‘ x 18’.

Though I still hanker to have a garden section as well 

All modelling items, are safely in storage, pending a suitable temporary modelling space, once some major decorating is done, to keep SWMBO happy !! 

Please don’t mention Bury FC, that is a very sore subject :-(

Best regards

Craig 

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Craig, Blue Period still I assume.

Thanks Andy, I keep looking in on your project and many other fine layouts builds as well, to keep the juices flowing.

Yes it will be the Blue period, with a splash of lingering green, and early 70’s decay.

Best regards

Craig 

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

Thanks Andy, I keep looking in on your project and many other fine layouts builds as well, to keep the juices flowing.

Yes it will be the Blue period, with a splash of lingering green, and early 70’s decay.

Best regards

Craig 

Good stuff Craig. Looking forward to seeing this progress. Any track plans yet

Paul R