Kirkby Luneside

Physicsman

The NEW Trackwork is looking superb mate, I wouldn't have been brave enough to tackle such a major task as all the re gauging, but fair play to you, well done, but MY new Track is WIDER than yours, hahhah. :no:  :no: :no:  

• RMweb Premium

The NEW Trackwork is looking superb mate, I wouldn't have been brave enough to tackle such a major task as all the re gauging, but fair play to you, well done, but MY new Track is WIDER than yours, hahhah. :no:  :no: :no:

Thanks Andy.

It'll have taken me about 3 weeks to change the track, and there'll still be more to do when I can afford to buy a few outstanding turnouts.

I always knew you'd go back to some kind of O gauge layout. I know you enjoyed Trebudoc. You really need to keep one of these layouts instead of selling them on.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

It'll have taken me about 3 weeks to change the track, and there'll still be more to do when I can afford to buy a few outstanding turnouts.

For the fiddle yard mediocre ones should be sufficient.

I'll get my coat.

• RMweb Premium

For the fiddle yard mediocre ones should be sufficient.

I'll get my coat.

Simon, the "agree" was for your first comment, not your suggestion to "toddle off".

Under normal circumstances it'd just be a fiddle yard. Unfortunately yours truly is as obsessed with the yard as much as the scenic area.

" I just can't help it..."

Cue humorous comment from Peter or Scott?...

Jeff

Well, because you asked....

I thought Peter's comment about the Wurlitzer was a bit Pythonesque, so Rob's post is spot-on!

As for the Fell loco - I hope 'CHARD isn't looking in at the moment. He loathes the thing, and I'm not too keen either. Always reminds me of a brick on wheels and you're unlikely to ever see one on KL2!!

Jeff 

Jeff, you may actually be *more* likely to see a Fell under the Fell, now you've gone all posh, and moved the rails apart a bit.

It's not likely to ever be an RTR offering, but the sort of person sick enough to scratch-build a Fell, is probably just the sort of perfectionist to go and build it to EM...

:-)

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Well, because you asked....

Jeff, you may actually be *more* likely to see a Fell under the Fell, now you've gone all posh, and moved the rails apart a bit.

It's not likely to ever be an RTR offering, but the sort of person sick enough to scratch-build a Fell, is probably just the sort of perfectionist to go and build it to EM...

:-)

Scott

Won't be me, then!!

I'll be up for most of the night. Telescope set up and tracking. Waiting for the moon to reach 30 degree altitude before imaging can start.

In the meantime, sat in the armchair dreaming of the Fell...

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Update: Hoping to have both Up and Down main lines complete by the end of Wednesday.

If that happens I'll happily pause for a while and watch a loco circling round and round and round...

Jeff

• Like 3

Update: Hoping to have both Up and Down main lines complete by the end of Wednesday.

If that happens I'll happily pause for a while and watch a loco circling round and round and round...

Jeff

It's because you can't play trains that your progress on the making the track fatter has been going so well. i would suggest you finish the track before playing Have to admit it does look good well done you deserve a medal for what you have achieved .

• RMweb Premium

Update: I now have complete Up and Down lines.

It was a bit tricky connecting the lines over the viaduct through the tunnel to the fiddle yard. Yes, you can connect them, but connecting them to look half-decent.... My Anglo-Saxon vocabulary got an airing this afternoon!

Lots of PVA still in evidence - maybe a pic or two later.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The loco you are to run, Jeff, one of your own conversions to EM gauge? Steam or diesel?

Hi Jonathan.

The loco is a diesel. Not a conversion - those will come later. An "acquisition", shall we say?

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

SLW 24 perhaps young Sir?

Well spotted, Andy. I was wondering who'd be the first to suggest that.

I see that you also have a new "toy" to play with - the Heljan 25 looks very nice.

"Boys and their toys..."

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

On the subject of Sulzers, I ordered a set of Ultrascale drop-in wheels for my Bachmann Class 25 the other day (7 months waiting list at the moment for them) but have since been thinking about having a go at the Penbits bogies instead (which are more suited to using the non drop-in wheels) so, would you be interested in the Ultrascale wheels when they arrive? As wheels go, they are a thing of beauty.

http://www.penbits.co.uk/Content/Class25.html

http://www.ultrascale.uk/

https://www.ultrascale.uk/eshop/products/view/CAT007/304

• RMweb Premium

On the subject of Sulzers, I ordered a set of Ultrascale drop-in wheels for my Bachmann Class 25 the other day (7 months waiting list at the moment for them) but have since been thinking about having a go at the Penbits bogies instead (which are more suited to using the non drop-in wheels) so, would you be interested in the Ultrascale wheels when they arrive? As wheels go, they are a thing of beauty.

http://www.penbits.co.uk/Content/Class25.html

http://www.ultrascale.uk/

https://www.ultrascale.uk/eshop/products/view/CAT007/304

Yep, that's fine by me. I've got 3 Bachmann 25s, so converting at least one of the two 25/1s will be a priority.

In the meantime, if you have a set of "rougher" wheels for a 25, bring them up when you visit.....

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

The best laid plans...

Went into the Bunker to put a bit more track down - spent the last 3 hours wiring-up dropper wires, removing all the redundant wires and hoovering up the countless bits of wire off-cuts that were littering the floor.

Quite enjoyed myself, it's very satisfying to have things tidy. Irony, of course, given that the under-wiring is something you never look at.

And I STILL haven't run a loco round the loop...

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You can go as EM or P4 as you like - it's still officially* narrow gauge. xD

(* According to HM Govt gauge commission.)

Nice work, though..

Alan

Call it what you will, "it's what we use...."  

I've laid some more track today. The situation is that all the track that I can lay and wire - scenic area and fiddle yard - has been done. There is still more to do, but that's subject to the arrival of a couple of curved turnouts, which are now on order from Marcway.

I've cleaned a large proportion of the scenic area. When everything is set - tomorrow - I'll clean the fiddle yard and do some exhaustive testing of both loco and track system.

Maybe even a pic or two for those of you who prefer images to words....

Jeff

• Like 2

*snip*

Maybe even a pic or two for those of you who prefer images to words....

Jeff

I can't speak for the other Lunesters, Jeff, but I only read this thread for the articles. I promise.

Cheers

Scott