Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

LNER Models in 4mm

Mick,

I know it's not your intention but as an advert for these Archer rivets, your O4/8 certainly does show them off to tremendous effect. If you have already can you direct us to a posting which shows where from and how much for these products.

Cheers

Mike

SD990011 for "normal" 4mm

SD99013 for big uns

They were cheaper direct from USA when I bought them and good service. However I think USA postage rates have increased so compare total prices first.

Progress as well while I am typing

post-7186-0-07014700-1351504082_thumb.jpg

post-7186-0-40975900-1351504090.jpg

post-7186-0-63011300-1351504100.jpg

post-7186-0-19728100-1351504106.jpg

• Like 11

Hi All,

My 'local' Model Junction in Slough stock rivet transfers as do several Internet suppliers. Put either 'Micro Mark Rivet Transfers' or 'Archer Rivet Transfers' into Google and away you go! Micro Mark do a really nice starter set with tread plates, louvred and lots of interesting rivet arrangements on as well as several different pitch and size arrangements of rivets themselves.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 2

Another NRM based A3 Windsor Lad.

Boiler repainted and re Lined.This now has has the correct Banjo Dome , Washout plugs moved, top Boiler joint and Smokebox filled, Brassmasters detail etch used for:- Front steps, Reversing and Ashpan rods, Footplate supports, handrails ,etched doors and single Chimney.

post-7186-0-83234400-1351529854.jpg

post-7186-0-61624900-1351529861.jpg

post-7186-0-10620600-1351529869.jpg

post-7186-0-56766000-1351529876.jpg

I have had to show this with the previous A3 New type non corridor Tender I repainted. So far no luck on obtaining a further replacement. Hornby have only done it in BR so far and the cancelled Book Law would have had one it fitted too. IF anyone has one?? to sell ? I only need the body a PM will be appreciatted.

• Like 9

Mick,

That A3 does look mighty fine. Have you ever re-done the lining on the driving and bogie wheels for apple green livery, the fine white line? If so, did you use a lining pen or are there any 'little white circles' transfers available for the purpose?

Cheers

Mike

• Like 1

Mike

No never attempted to line them. I have a C7 in the pending pile so I will have to try soon !!

Fox do a very expensive lining sheet listed asthe Flying Scotsman set. No idea if they would be willing to sell that part sheet of the set on its own. Not that well printed either,the lines are thicker than Hornby manage and were slightly off center on the sheet I had.

cheers

Mike

No never attempted to line them. I have a C7 in the pending pile so I will have to try soon !!

Fox do a very expensive lining sheet listed asthe Flying Scotsman set. No idea if they would be willing to sell that part sheet of the set on its own. Not that well printed either,the lines are thicker than Hornby manage and were slightly off center on the sheet I had.

cheers

Thanks, Mick. One other question; whose paint and colour (assuming that there may be more than one apple green) have you used on the A3.

Cheers

Mike

• 1 month later...

Not much done in the last month due to fitting a new kitchen.

For future conversions/repairs I am looking for the following Hornby superdetail parts.  Damaged/ repairable considered too

LNER new type Non Corridor tenders the ones with the flat front bulkhead and twin water overflow vents. These have only been done in BR livery by Hornby.

Actual Corridor Connector for the 8 wheel LNER Corridor Tender

Merry Xmas and a happy peaceful New Year to all on here and their familes

• Like 1

• 2 months later...