LNER Models in 4mm

micklner

HMRS Update.

I recieved a response and a apology that ' the quality of their product was of not a high enough standard for myself". I recieved a refund a couple of days later of the Decal sheet price, but not the £4.00 postage charge ( another common growing practise amongst some retailers, a postage stamp £1.08 and a 20p flat normal envelope). I still am undecided if the reply, was/is being sarcastic or not?.

Either way current HMRS LNER Lining sheets are of no further use to me for the future. Luckily I have managed to just have enough "normal standard " HMRS LNER lining sheets to finish the D49 , just numbering and nameplates to be done and varnishing in due course.
Back to Black and Blue Locos in the future.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, micklner said:

HMRS Update.

I recieved a response and a apology that ' the quality of their product was of not a high enough standard for myself". I recieved a refund a couple of days later of the Decal sheet price, but not the £4.00 postage charge ( another common growing practise amongst some retailers, a postage stamp £1.08 and a 20p flat normal envelope). I still am undecided if the reply, was/is being sarcastic or not?.

Either way current HMRS LNER Lining sheets are of no further use to me for the future. Luckily I have managed to just have enough "normal standard " HMRS LNER lining sheets to finish the D49 , just numbering and nameplates to be done and varnishing in due course.
Back to Black and Blue Locos in the future.

I think you're right to feel undecided about the reply, Mick.  To me the addition of "for yourself" makes it sound like one of those non-apologies i.e. "I'm sorry if you feel offended" rather than "I'm sorry for the offence I caused".

I suppose all you can do regarding the postage is complain again and request a refund and never buy their products again.  It's galling when retailers and manufacturers just don't care.

• Agree 3

20 hours ago, teaky said:

I think you're right to feel undecided about the reply, Mick.  To me the addition of "for yourself" makes it sound like one of those non-apologies i.e. "I'm sorry if you feel offended" rather than "I'm sorry for the offence I caused".

I suppose all you can do regarding the postage is complain again and request a refund and never buy their products again.  It's galling when retailers and manufacturers just don't care.

To be frank, the repeated quality issues and also the long periods of non-availability of core items, like Sheet 14 covering  BR 1948-68, means they've effectively destroyed their own product.

A real shame but there it is. Unless someone else takes it on, say Wizard, the range IMHO is finished.

John.

• Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Chas Levin said:

Nice work Mick: are those real pieces of rusty metal (perhaps cut from metal cans?) or are the painted plastic?

Chas they are painted plastic sold by TMC as wagon loads for the TMC/Bachmann Bolster/Plate wagons from about 2 years ago. No idea if they still sell them . I bought the ones in the photos via ebay,

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I'm interested to see that you've built this in a different (and in my view better) way than designed. The two 3D coaches I've done have sides which clip and glue into the chassis at the bottom, and can't therefore be removed without serious damage. The roof then goes on at the end, and makes access very difficult if you subsequently say put a window in.

If I ever do another it will be built as you have, and indeed as I usually do with other coaches, namely a shell of sides, ends and roof that is easily removable.

I'm not an LNER modeller, but your teaking looks excellent.

John.

Edited by John Tomlinson
typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

I'm interested to see that you've built this in a different (and in my view better) way than designed. The two 3D coaches I've done have sides which clip and glue into the chassis at the bottom, and can't therefore be removed without serious damage. The roof then goes on at the end, and makes access very difficult if you subsequently say put a window in.

If I ever do another it will be built as you have, and indeed as I usually do with other coaches, namely a shell of sides, ends and roof that is easily removable.

I'm not an LNER modeller, but your teaking looks excellent.

John.

I always build all my Coaches using this method. As already said no instructions were provided !!

cheers

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jon4470 said:

That’s a nice looking carriage!

Sounds like the 3D prints are continuing to improve?

My knowledege of 3D printing is zero. I have only built the above Restaurant Car and a ex NER Inspection Car so far. Detail is ok but its all too fragile on both kits. I still at the moment prefer etched versions of similar models.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3