'Bishop Street'

georgeT

I've had a few issues with buffers on the Bachmann Duffs, I tend to secure them with a bit of adhesive, otherwise I'll lose them, never to be found again!!!!!!

Well, found only after being replaced!!!

Nice locos, great era, will be watching from now on. :imsohappy:

Jinty ;-)

Hi George

Looking great. Just one thing, sorry if sounding picky, The 37 number needs to be 37501 to 37521. 37697 was a centre panel machine whereas yours is an ex split box machine which received the refurbished nose ends. Totally agree about the Bachmann snow ploughs though. They are generic now to both the 37 and the 47 and they stick out to far on both models.

looking forward to more instalments

Cheers

Marcus

Morning Marcus / Andy / Jinty.

Thanks for the comments guys, l will be getting some more traction, transfers, paint etc etc at stafford, if any of the many RM webbers are going you will find me and Bodgit on 'Deesdale Road' giving PeterBB a hand do say hello, would be great to put faces to names...

Marcus you are not being picky at all, l welcome as much input as possible as its all very helpful ... 

George

Morning George,

I hope you and Andy have an enjoyable time at Stafford - just wish I could be there. Hopefully Andy will take lots of pictures and post them on RMweb. I'm sure I can rely on Polly for more and perhaps Jaz (if she's going!)!

Safe journey and kind regards,

Jock.

Morning Mate, well after a lot of faffing about last night I managed to get the Sound Chip into the 37 with the Bass reflex speaker in place of the fan. It involved cutting away the rear bulkhead of the Cab to allow it to clear the front of the PCB board. Well worth the extra effort, the Bass speaker give wonderfully deep sound just like a REAT TRACTOR.

post-9335-0-94957000-1421918122_thumb.jpg

Next up is the Blue 47 THEN THERE'S A REAL SURPRISE FOR YOU Mate, so get BS up and running.

P.S. Forgot to say it still needs all the pipes, steps and ploughs on yet.

• RMweb Gold

Morning George,

I hope you and Andy have an enjoyable time at Stafford - just wish I could be there. Hopefully Andy will take lots of pictures and post them on RMweb. I'm sure I can rely on Polly for more and perhaps Jaz (if she's going!)!

Safe journey and kind regards,

Jock.

Jock,

Sorry you can't be at Stafford,  I was looking forward to meeting you.  Hope things improve.

Cheers, Peter

Evening Gang,

Well l must say l do like the 37 in distribution really suits the 37, cant wait to get some bits and pieces at Stafford, trouble is l need to find all the suppliers now for transfers etc etc, been away from the modern scene for quite a while now, 

George

Hi George

Fox are still pretty good for the transfers. I was perusing there website the other day sourcing some some Intercity transfers for my coaches. The RF sector markings are all still there. Railtec are also supposed to be pretty good as well, listening to other modellers on here.

Cheers

Marcus

Plough's look much better mate, cant wait to see you get BS up and running, I have some ideas for my little project.

I've ordered the Sound for the Heljan 33 today along with the Fuel Tank Speaker, plus a SPECIAL which I hope to unveil on Deesdale Road at Stafford, and it will stir some discussion, I can assure you of that much.

Morning Andy.

Well you have got me all fired up now, (bet it will cost me more money yet again) hahahah, on the BS front l have bought a replacement body for my Bachmann 37 off of ebay as l have two 37506s, Railfreight grey (red stripe) the new body is 37514 in 3TG Metals brand new..

Need to get lots of transfers, as l was going through my transfer box and they all seem to be 7mm ?

George

Archived