RMweb

Tilley Yard South, Chicago, Winter 1956

Robatron86

I keep finding those horrible modern yellow plastic bins. I have now tried "wooden salt bins" and it looks a little more promising.

Thank you for the rough dimensions. I can at least attempt to scratch build a freelance one :)

Edited by Robatron86

I had a problem with disguising the magnets as these are the second set of magnets after the first batch were covered in paint and then stopped working as effectively. Further experimentation is required. Footprints will be added when I am next out in the shed and remember!

Thanks matey :)

I have 2 confirmed so far. The first one is at the Solent Model Railway Show, February 27th and 28th (might be a bit too far south for you mind! Details of the show http://solentmodelrailwaygroup.webs.com/modelrailwayexhibition.htm ) 

Second show is TVNAM in June. Are you exhibiting this year? 

The unconfirmed show of the year may be at the Croydon MRC show in November. Again a bit too southerly!

I'll be at TVNAM, not sure what layout I'll be taking, though it's likely to be West Allen Street unless Nick want's me to bring something else?

I can't remember if Nick's started planning it yet.

Edited by DanielB

I saw a huge DCC sound layout at the Farnham show (Falcon Road, BR blue diesels), and I have to say I'm still not sold on DCC sound personally. They all sound great, but for me I need the rumble, the rush of air as it passes, all the stuff that is impossible to accurately recreate in HO. Although I will say, and I hope I'm not shot for this, American sound locos do sound better than UK sound locos, and diesels sound much better than steam. Just my opinion of course. I would never try and talk anybody out of DCC sound.

Coat, door, gone Dan  :jester:

I totally agree. They are the best.

So I have been trying to find a way of disguising the fact that the overbridge goes nowhere. The bus is one part of it but the other part is this:

20151221_215859.jpg

Hmmm. I'm not at all convinced.

Edited by Robatron86

Coat, door, gone Dan  :jester:

I totally agree. They are the best.

So I have been trying to find a way of disguising the fact that the overbridge goes nowhere. The bus is one part of it but the other part is this:20151221_215859.jpg

Hmmm. I'm not at all convinced.

Try a trailer box going the other way

That's what I was worried about. Hence why it is set as far back as possible. The gantry is a butchered Dapol signal gantry as I don't have the skill to build one from scratch. I think building one would be worth a go because looking at it in place, it's only ok as a highway gantry.