RMweb

• RMweb Gold

I went last year for a days jolly and found it most enjoyable.

I have been informed of an account of someone who was going to attend but in the end didn't, on account of carp treatment by the organisers and ended up as a disenchanted rabbit.

• RMweb Gold

I have been informed of an account of someone who was going to attend but in the end didn't, on account of carp treatment by the organisers and ended up as a disenchanted rabbit.

I’m aware of what you speak of CK. My main reason for going will be to see Arun Quay once again.

I will not be attending the Bristol show in May following a pretty rubbish time had there a couple of years ago so I have every sympathy.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

Norman has furnished us with a view of the afternoon goods at Sheep Lane. Led by Bath Green Parks 4F we see a few wagons being worried.

Glad to see that Norman still enjoys his visits to Sheep Lane. An unhurried trundle through the lanes in dear old Murray and a welcoming cup of strong tea courtesy of Sid James, Sheep Lanes booking clerk, set up Norman nicely.

Photos complete and a trip home via the caff and a handsome dinner of Mollys Shepherds Pie and a bowl of fine apple pie and custard.

What a day!

Rob.

post-14122-0-14476000-1521233125_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-70052200-1521233184_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Does Norman ever eat at home, by the way?

What if he has to keep his additional meals hidden from Mrs Lockhart? I'm sure she makes him some very healthy wholesome vegetarian meals, which he will no doubt have to eat up with enthusiasm.

• RMweb Gold

Norman resides on his own at Lockhart Villa with his two cats, General Gordon and General Booth.

Whilst he is a dab hand in the kitchen, Normans treat is a wholesome full break fast in a traditional caff and his day often starts with this.

If out late, he will eat out and when this happens to be a Sunday then a roast dinner is the preferred option, beef being a favourite. Fish and chips is also greatly enjoyed and is often shared with the Generals over supper after a successful day of photography accompanied by a glass or two of Brown Ale.

Rob.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Great........photos are not in order......sorry.....bloody technology.....

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Following on from the Mutton retrospective, a Sheep Lane retrospective might be of benefit. So here it is...

First photo is from November 2015...the last is from February 2018.

First exhibition in January 2017..the next is April 2018.

I hope you enjoy.

Rob.

Hold on to your hollyhocks! Murray looks a bit steamed up there...

• RMweb Gold

Superb photos, Rob, regardless of what order they are shown.

And in an unexpected development, the Kernow Modelling Organisation appears to have acquired some Teutonic 'Z' gauge items.

I thought we defeated the Teutonic 'Z' Gauge in the great Gauge War of 1883? Edited by Brinkly

• RMweb Gold

I thought we defeated the Teutonic 'Z' Gauge in the great Gauge War of 1883?

An unexpected delivery turned up in a blizzard yesterday. I have a box of track, two locos, some rolling stock and some buildings, so I might at some point build a 'tinplate' version of a Harrap layout.

Well, I say 'unexpected', something Teutonic was expected, but not 'Z' gauge.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

There must be a quip there somewhere about always reading the “small” print.....

But putting the Baron on his mettle must be worthwhile.

An unexpected delivery turned up in a blizzard yesterday. I have a box of track, two locos, some rolling stock and some buildings, so I might at some point build a 'tinplate' version of a Harrap layout.

Misread that as Tectonic the concept of which was formulated in the 1960's. According to several theories Layouts have a rigid outer layer, known as the lithosphere, which is typically about 10 mm thick and overlies a plastic moldable layer called the asthenosphere.

The lithosphere is broken up into seven very small ( and possibly large also ) continental plates, thereby cause modelling of minor gauges to occur in said atmosphere.

Of course, all the above could be utterly theoretical on my part having just had a glass of courgette water.

Leonardo Unconvinchi

Misread that as Tectonic the concept of which was formulated in the 1960's. According to several theories Layouts have a rigid outer layer, known as the lithosphere, which is typically about 10 mm thick and overlies a plastic moldable layer called the asthenosphere.

The lithosphere is broken up into seven very small ( and possibly large also ) continental plates, thereby cause modelling of minor gauges to occur in said atmosphere.

Of course, all the above could be utterly theoretical on my part having just had a glass of courgette water.

Leonardo Unconvinchi

Misread it as Tantric... suppose that means I just have to think about building a layout :sungum: 

• RMweb Gold

Leonardo Unconvinchi

Thanks for that comprehensive tutorial on building scenery, Grahame!

• RMweb Gold

DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA-DAKA

Spring chicken to shitehawk in one easy lesson.