NHY 581

Even better to hire a rowing boat and just go for it. Take bikes for the Welsh bit.

Minof Information

So tell me Mr. Stubsy, if you start today in this coracle when do you expect to hit Swansea ?

post-20303-0-59002100-1526921655.jpg

World Service

• RMweb Gold

A general view of Mutton as recorded by Norman Lockhart, May 1959.

Rob.

post-14122-0-94955900-1526935937_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

It's a bit too far from New South Wales to Old South Wales as well I'm afraid.

I'd rather do that journey than the one from Norfolk :)

#ar$eendofnowhere

T.Cook

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

So tell me Mr. Stubsy, if you start today in this coracle when do you expect to hit Swansea ?

attachicon.gifcoracle-446x251.jpg

World Service

There may actually be a precedent for this!  The Cornish legend of St Piran (Perranporth is named after him) claims that he arrived from Ireland, where coracles were also used, floating miraculously on a stone.  That sounds like a possible coracle to me, looking perhaps a bit like a stone to the locals when it was upturned on the beach.  Sea going Irish coracles are recorded by St Patrick, who is alleged to have come from the village of Banwen, near Neath.

Reality is much weirder than imagination.

• RMweb Gold

The Memsahib retired early this evening and left me in charge of the side board......which happens to be roughly the same size as Bleat Wharf....

Rob

post-14122-0-45677900-1527110156_thumb.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Another view of the side board.

There seems to be a lot of track but most of it will be inlaid so this will reduce the 'busy'look of it all.

Building wise, I think that is about it. I have reduced the number I had originally as it was a bit cluttered by my standards. Still looks a bit Clapham junction..

Top right, I may extend the siding behind the old barn. This could lead to an 'off stage' industry of sorts and give credibility to a Pesky Peckett worrying a wagon or two.

The area between the front of the Nissen huts and the workshops will be a concrete'hard stand'. A bit grassy and chipped. The same in front of the work shop to the track with a lightweight over head crane in front of the main doors.

I may also mess around with siding lengths to avert any potential for uniformity.

Rob.

post-14122-0-62764800-1527140386_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Amazing, Rob.

In the time you've taken to build at least two layouts that I am aware of and advance the planning of another to this extent, I have barely begun one!

But I've drunk a lot of coffee and done a fair bit of thinking in that time, so that must equal it out.

• RMweb Gold

Amazing, Rob.

In the time you've taken to build at least two layouts that I am aware of and advance the planning of another to this extent, I have barely begun one!

But I've drunk a lot of coffee and done a fair bit of thinking in that time, so that must equal it out.

Thanks CK. I have one more in mind after Bleat Wharf, Lamb Regis itself and that will do....for now.

I am hoping to buy the baseboards next month and get started on the track laying soon after.

Rob.

• Like 2