Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ah !!! 

Hi Tim. Hopefully I made sense.....at some point. I was a bit frazzled......And yes, will indeed see you at Railwells. 

Rob. 

Regrettably, I won't...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Thanks for the entertainment Rob 

Luverly!

Morning Paul. 

Good to see you yesterday and many thanks for the cracking bit of vidjoe. 

Everything seemed to work....ish and you even captured the 'P4' question !!!

Thank you once again.

Rob

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

With Larkrail done and dusted, focus now switches to prepping Ewe for Railwells as well as a bit of 'post event' tweaking for Dippy ahead of Minehead on the 5th Aug. 

Ewe will need the J70s weathering so hopefully over the coming weeks I'll be adding some work in progress images etc. 

The good thing about a show like Larkrail is that it not only inspires the visitor but also the exhibitor so I'm looking forward to a bit of modelling. 

Sadly, I wasn't able to get around and have too much of a look at the other layouts but Arcadia just behind me was lovely and I did manage a sneaky peek at PMP's Shelfie 4 and of course, Hepton Wharf. 

Rob. 

• Like 11

Hi Rob.

I had a good day out at Larkrail yesterday, it was a good show.

I enjoyed Sheep Dip, it is very atmospheric, and as others mentioned at the time 

the trees and bushes look really good.

I see you have a lot of followers

IMG_7844.JPG.bac08f42062b3a08df6692f7c8ba7edb.JPG

cheers

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Paul. 

I'm putting the occasional hitch down to a bit of varnish on the rails or a bit of errant static grass. I added some weathering powders to the rails as I was getting the layout ready for the show, then sealed them to be sure.....Not sure why exactly as it's not as if I was going to handle the track. So, despite spending an afternoon and evening cleaning and test running, I may have missed a bit here and there. A bit more cleaning then before Minehead. The same for the crossover. A stroke with a pencil sorted it at the show but a clean is definitely the better way to go.

I find even an occasional hiccup is disappointing. 

On a positive, the additional foliage around the entry/exit and that engulfing the engine shed required only the slightest bit of pruning prior to opening due to the 08 tripping up. 

Rob

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ewe will need the J70s weathering so hopefully over the coming weeks I'll be adding some work in progress images etc. 

Oooooh, goody! Will be looking forward to those as I also have a couple which need to be suitably distressed away from their pristine state.

Mind, I think I’ll practice on a few vans first! 

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Minehead on the 5th Aug.

My birthday!! (Now calculating whether a trip from Manchester would be possible - it would be a four hours plus drive. Maybe if I stopped over and included a few other places of interest … hmm 🤔)

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Well it’s nice that even the mighty Dip can have hiccups, it makes us feel better. I agree it’s annoying to the operator but it doesn’t spoil the show! :) 

Hiccups and errors are part of the real railway.  The trick for the operator of a model is to react to it as the real railway does.  Pause, scratch your head, (or whatever you prefer!!!), put the kettle on, then start looking.  Consider it as all part of the show.

Paul

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

With Larkrail done and dusted, focus now switches to prepping Ewe for Railwells as well as a bit of 'post event' tweaking for Dippy ahead of Minehead on the 5th Aug. 

Bother clashes with Torbay Traction Engine Rally... is there any chance you can change the date of Minehead to the following week so I can cast my eye over Ewe?

Edited by John Besley
Schpelling
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 16/07/2023 at 14:22, John Besley said:

Bother clashes with Torbay Traction Engine Rally... is there any chance you can change the date of Minehead to the following week so I can cast my eye over Ewe?

Hi John, 

Ewe is at Railwells weekend of the 12/13th August. This is the week after Minehead. 

Hope this helps. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Good to see you Rob, and Dip too of course.    An excellent afternoon for those of us visiting to do a bit of train spotting althouhgh the Peckett had gone to bed by the time I looked in.

Morning Mike,

As always, lovely to see you. Yes, Peckett Dodo on this occaision I think, was decidedly sulky. 

Dip is currently sat in the garage where I can get to all four sides which makes it easier to get at everything. There really no need to unpack anything as it's back out again so soon so once the little bit ( hopefully !) of post show maintenance is attended to then I can leave well alone until it's all packed for the run to Minehead. 

Thoughts are now definitely with things East Anglian and tramshaped. 

Rob. 

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/07/2023 at 14:37, NHY 581 said:

Hi John, 

Ewe is at Railwells weekend of the 12/13th August. This is the week after Minehead. 

Hope this helps. 

Rob

Further to my last, details of timings etc. 

20230717_123141-01.jpeg.fe7e871aa5a7ac9a2fabf4d706e9fc28.jpeg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

Well, so it starts....

Toby has had a bit of an.....er....ahem, cough.....accident. 

20230718_205103-01.jpeg.f5b8b97f017af3cb909601151b9c3ea9.jpeg

That's what you say....

• Funny 3

11 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all. 

Well, so it starts....

Toby has had a bit of an.....er....ahem, cough.....accident. 

20230718_205103-01.jpeg.f5b8b97f017af3cb909601151b9c3ea9.jpeg

Oooooh! Guitar picks!!

I also like the foam bedded tray for working on. Good idea. Consider it stolen!

Steve S

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

That's what you say....

smiling-sheep-gary-canant.jpg.6187c8599eb0d3cebe7914df1cc9310a.jpg

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

Now, I shall be watching closely as I have a J70, (along with another on pre-order) which could do with a weathering tickle, but seeing it laid out like that makes me nervous about whether I could reassemble satisfactorily

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NickBrad said:

Now, I shall be watching closely as I have a J70, (along with another on pre-order) which could do with a weathering tickle, but seeing it laid out like that makes me nervous about whether I could reassemble satisfactorily

Morning Nick. 

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind as well..........

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

6 hours ago, RodneyS said:

There's probably a picture on the box lid to follow.  

Rodney

Not like the jigsaw my wife is doing at the moment where the picture on the box is nothing like the jigsaw! 🤔

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

Callum has added his video to those already posted regarding Larkrail. 

For those who may not have seen it on the Larkrail thread, I repeat it here. 

Rob. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1