NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, John Besley said:

I am on a roll, Digitrains sound card decoder next along with mini speaker and they have a sound clip for a narrow gauge Simplex 

I've used their Simplex sound in two tin turtles in SM32 and a friend has few locos in 09 - it really is very good.

Chris H

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I've used their Simplex sound in two tin turtles in SM32 and a friend has few locos in 09 - it really is very good.

Chris H

I am thinking of useing that in my WW1 'Baldwin' and pondering what to use in the large 'Hunslet' rather fancy a class 25 sound .... 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Graham T said:

Another vote here for the Power Cab, Zimo decoders, and Youchoos (have also had good experiences with Digitrains).

It's arrived, waiting for a Zimo economy to come all packed away in a cupboard untill next week - or at some point when I can use both hands again...

Thanks everyone for their imput - this is why I enjoy this thread topic here so much - thank you Rob for allowing the thread drift, it's so educational as well

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

Best wishes and a Happy New Year (being as it's the Winter Solstice today (tomorrow apparently) you Rob and All on this thread from a rather wild and windy West Yorkshire .... which I reckon must be about Row 'M' in this great auditorium that surrounds Cardiff ... thanks for the entertainment and inspiration !!

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
Wrong day !
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

Well, we're nearly there. Only a few days to go and I have a bit of time off to catch up. The last week or so has seen me helping out in the shop just about every day due to staff shortage and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.....even though we haven't really stopped. 

It's been very busy and reassuringly for this lovely hobby of ours, many customers have been little modellers in with their Mums and Dads......or Mums, Dads and other relatives sneaking in to buy items or vouchers for their little people. Many of these have also been new customers as well, all of which really bodes well for the future. 

Most importantly, I'll take this opportunity to say thank you. Thank you all for making this thread the social animal that it is and I'm only sorry for my own inactivity as of late, something I hope to improve upon in the New Year. Thank you for the encouragement, banter,  kind words and best wishes throughout the year and in particular those given so readily regarding my wonky hooves. 

Many of you fine types have trundled along to the various exhibitions and it's been good to meet up and chat with so many of you. All the shows have been fabulous and I have been very lucky with my invites but my personal highlights have been Railwells ( thank you Spams) , Stafford ( thank you Jay ) ,and Uckfield ( thank you John, Gwyn and Pete )

I hope to repeat the catch ups at next year's shows of which, there are a few..........and rest assured I'll be boring you all with the details. 

So, may I conclude by wishing you all a Happy Christmas. May it bring you all that you hope for and the peace and goodwill you all so rightly deserve. 

Merry Christmas !!

JS_191093288.png.96c6598b320df45d60315a1fc4bd0474.png

Rob

Seasons greatings to Ewe and yours (excluding garden sheds, panniers and the Flying Scotsman). Was a pleasure to assist at Railwells, would happily help again. Advice for 2024? Watch your head on low ceilings...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

Hope everyone's Christmas is going well. Things are ticking over at Chateau Sheep with the prep ongoing for a kit built roast beef dinner. 

However, I've managed a bit of noisey shunting with this little chap this morning.....

20231226_084613-03.jpeg.1513d2ad1b141e26b70a661c23217416.jpeg

GER C53 No.127 from Rapido's sound fitted train pack.

Much dinging of bells, hissing of Westinghouse pumps and general chuffing about. 

Rob. 

Plus the sound of garden tools being returned to their pegs...

• Like 1
  • Funny 8