RMweb

Lidl - Temperature Controlled Soldering Station

Rumblestripe

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a cheap temperature controlled soldering iron. Lidl have this fellow on offer from Thursday 22nd January for £8.99

102652_01_f.jpg

I don't think it will be of the highest quality but all the stuff I've bought from there has been of basic workmanlike quality. This is the specification from their website:

• Compact station with soldering iron holder and soldering sponge
  • Temperature adjustable between approx. (°C): 100 - 500
  • Includes replacement tip and 2 rolls of 10g electric solder stored conveniently inside of station accessory compartment
  • 48W

I'll be bagging one, for less than a tenner you can't really go wrong.

This and other offers including mini tool assortment

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=472

• RMweb Premium

It always fascinates me that you nip into Lidl or Aldi for your grocery shopping and come out with a Deep Sea Divers suit or welding set , because it's on offer. To me this is part of the appeal of these shops, you never know what you will find! This looks like a good deal, I feel a visit coming on

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It always fascinates me that you nip into Lidl or Aldi for your grocery shopping and come out with a Deep Sea Divers suit or welding set , because it's on offer. To me this is part of the appeal of these shops, you never know what you will find! This looks like a good deal, I feel a visit coming on

The last time I went in for a bottle of milk I came out with a Wall Map of the World for £1.99.

• RMweb Gold

Here in rural France we receive every week a shoal of leaflets from various supermarkets etc, telling us what this week's bargains will be. Lidl is among them, so you know exactly which day the new whizzo piece of affordable technology will appear. Be there or miss the boat!

I've found it worthwhile subscribing to their (and Aldi's) e-mail newsletter, they tell you what will be in your nearest store on this. Another bonus is that if you click on an item in the list they send it gives you access to the next list too, hence I got Aldi's list for Sunday today and also next Thursday.

Phil T.

• RMweb Gold

it's the only 'super'market that I have ever seen a queue of blokes waiting outside for it to open!  (Penzance 2001 - laser levels!).

My stepdad went there once to get the weekly offer only to find they had opened early because of the queue and all of the item had gone, he then had a minor under his breath hissy fit and abandoned his trolley in the shop in disgust......

.....only to then have to sheepishly return for it to get his £1 back

We bought a garden shredder from Lidl - with a two year guarantee - it broke down after 18 months and they replaced it without a murmur.  They could not have been more co-operative, so I reckon they are worth sticking with.

Anthony

I have bought quite a few bits and pieces there over the years. The only problem I have found is that they don't always get in all the things they have advertised in their leaflets!

Not neccessarilly the case, depending on the store they often have offers on sale earlier than the date specified. Of last years folding picnic tables in my local Lidl there was only one left at 7.30pm the evening before they apparently were on sale.

Bought one last year, wired three layouts with it, went pop on wednesday night wiring the fourth.

Will buy another one...

Wow! didn't realise you could wire a layout with bagpipes. Never heard bagpipes go pop. Must get to my local Lidl and buy some...

Porcy

Edited for spilling mistakes

Edited by Porcy Mane

Wow! didn't realise you could wire a layout with bagpipes. Never heard bagpipes go pop. Must get to my local Lidl and buy some...

Porcy

Edited for spilling mistakes

They only go pop if you squeeze 'em too hard. Bagpipes that is.