Fifty shades of grey

A daft thought how many different locomotives have you got photos of in grey?

I have quite a few and will add when I'm at home.

This should fool Google search.

Rail freight WD Dutch and MSC 67

[Edit] To make it match more closely to the book...

It is only since the last war that B & W films have become truly panchromatic. Until then it seems to have been common for the portrait shots of new locos to have been taken with the loco in a grey livery for the best reproduction on available film stock.

Dave

I have quite a lot in the various shades of grey, (presumably what the film must be about, but I'm not sure if all the media luvvies invited to the premiere will appreciate 90 minutes of Railfreight locos) but if you mean all over grey rather than red-stripe or triple grey, then I do not have so many.

I gather the film concentrates on S&M;  which presumably is the Stockport & Manchester section, which narrows it down even further.

hc%201369%20msc%2067%20middleton%20kw.jp

Manchester Ship Canal (not anal as per the Canal Street in Manchester)!  Img from my Leeds Engine site.

HC 1369 at Middleton Railway

TG%20441%20Barber%20ibs%202014.JPG

Thomas Green 441 Barber outside the Smithfield works in Leeds also from my site.

Photo of Tornado anyone?

I have quite a lot in the various shades of grey, (presumably what the film must be about, but I'm not sure if all the media luvvies invited to the premiere will appreciate 90 minutes of Railfreight locos) but if you mean all over grey rather than red-stripe or triple grey, then I do not have so many.

I gather the film concentrates on S&M;  which presumably is the Stockport & Manchester section, which narrows it down even further.

Isn't it about Agfachrome 50S, a professional 50ASA film and a big brother to CT18?  It had a very neutral colour balance, ideal for discriminating between different shades of grey.

I have no photos to hand, but off the top of my head I can recall D200 and 50035 running in grey works undercoat.

I believe D200 actually worked a railtour as such, and 50035 was released from Doncaster in undercoat for repainting back on the WR for reasons that escape me now.

RMWeb* in conjunction* with Hornby Hobbies/Humbrol* bring you an exclusive FREE chart to download and keep for all your shades of Grey needs.

Never be unsure of that Grey paint to use again, can also be used to look for Grey areas within your posts or even to check for those Grey hairs....

post-12740-0-95828800-1424122667_thumb.jpg

:jester:

Steve

*maybe rather unofficially ..

Archived