Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

They certainly 'look the business', and an interesting aside is the prospect of split spoke wagon wheels being available as spares.  They must anticipate there will be enough sales to make production viable, but then I suppose if the tooling exists making maximum use of it makes sense.

'Spares'  -  'makes sense' - that's three words you rarely see together under a Hornby posting!!   :jester:

Edited by Adams442T

So much for the cattle truck, let's start speculating as to the identity of the loco cab being painted in the bottom of the blog!

Full fat SECR liveried Wainwright H ?

Huntley and Palmers version of the Peckett  0-4-0 Loco ?

Edited by micklner
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So much for the cattle truck, let's start speculating as to the identity of the loco cab being painted in the bottom of the blog!

Full fat SECR liveried Wainwright H ?

That's more like it, start the froth machine which is what Hornby wanted  :jester: , How long before the obligatory paranoid conspiracy post about the fact that someone heard that it is absolutely, COMPLETELY certain that Bachmann might be thinking about the possibility of announcing something, and this is just to preempt them.

​PS I thought it was the back of a thomas the tank engine cab. Might just be the colour though!

Edited by Vistiaen
  • Like 1

I like the look of the cattle wagon, especially as I model BR/SR :)

I do confess also to some healthy skepticism regarding the

"These new split spoked wheels will be available in the near future as a Spares items as well, enabling you to update your existing rolling stock with more accurate, highly detailed wheels." comment though.

If Hornby EVER manage to get anything in the way of recent/decent spares available again, I'll figure on hell becoming a much colder place than it is purported to be. :O  :jester:

"These new split spoked wheels will be available in the near future as a Spares items as well, enabling you to update your existing rolling stock with more accurate, highly detailed wheels." comment though.

If Hornby EVER manage to get anything in the way of recent/decent spares available again, I'll figure on hell becoming a much colder place than it is purported to be. :O  :jester:

Have you not seen their spares section then.

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/spares-accessories/wheels-couplings.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

That Huntley and Palmers livery looks rich doesn't it. I wasn't originally interested in these but it looks really good and at an affordable price, I might just start a collection of Pecketts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That Huntley and Palmers livery looks rich doesn't it. I wasn't originally interested in these but it looks really good and at an affordable price, I might just start a collection of Pecketts.

Truly scrumptious  :sungum:

• Like 2

Let's hope they do more liveries, but not sponsored ones otherwise we may have Ronald Macdonald's " Big Mac"........

Stephen

1) They'll obviously do more liveries

2) I highly doubt they'll be throwing on ficticious liveries on a detailed model...!

• RMweb Gold

I like the look of the cattle wagon, especially as I model BR/SR :)

All their other coach/wagon wheelsets are usually readily obtainable in packs of 10.

John

I ended up doing roughly the same thing with the Sentinels, though as the Peckett is rather more expensive than those little beasties, my collection may well top out at two (Dodo and the H&P).....

Let's hope they do more liveries, but not sponsored ones otherwise we may have Ronald Macdonald's " Big Mac"........

Stephen

I suspect that the McClown won't be gracing a Peckett any time soon, although heavily applied dirty weathering with loads of claggy grease wouldn't be completely out of character!

However, we might get a "Thomas the Tank Engine" face for the obligatory "Heritage Railway Thomas Day" train pack.....

• 3 weeks later...