Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

NEW Realtrack DMU

charliepetty

Apropos toilets emptying onto the track - would you believe the ORR has a "position" paper on the - erm - business?  I wonder if the position is "squat"?

It even refers to a Scottish Parliament "Early Day Motion".  I kid you not.

http://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/20832/effluent-position-statement-2016-02-09.pdf

• Like 1

What a topic this has turned into!

If my memory of retention tanks are correct this only means the 1xx fits the bill of: 142, 143, 144, 150, 155, 156, 158.

159's have retention tanks, unsure if from new or later.

Edit: Removed 153 from list as single unit.

Edited by srihaggis

That cuts out a few possibilities then

I think all units up to the Class 158 still deposit waste on the tracks although some 158s are being retro-fitted with tanks.  Given we know Bachmann are slowly re-doing their 158 at the speed of an arthritic slug taking a lift down the mountain on a glacier, and we already have recent models of the 150 and 153, it's looking more like a 155 or 156.

Or a twin unit red herring.

(edit) just beat me to it...

Edited by wombatofludham
  • Like 1

Cool.  Hope the DCC version comes with 'smell' generators too.   :D

Paul

It seems those have to go on(in) the track - going to be a small coordination problem getting the delay after the passing of the train correct for the initial 'waft'. The 'afterglow' should be much more easily simulated.  Modified Glade smell thingies perhaps.  For those wishing to detail the track some research is going to be required - turds hitting the track at train speeds are dispersed, but if memory from my limited track walking experiences serves, the paper does survive longer but it probably depends on the sort of paper supplied - izal or soft.

If it is a Northern unit, which livery?

smooth curves

angular curves

serco-abellio branding removed

arriva - 'we are northern' branding

new 'arriva northern' - (on a 156 yet?)

or countless other promotional liveries (Settle-Carlisle, York, Leeds......) 

Can't wait for Warley......

• RMweb Premium

If it is a Northern unit, which livery?

smooth curves

angular curves

serco-abellio branding removed

arriva - 'we are northern' branding

new 'arriva northern' - (on a 156 yet?)

or countless other promotional liveries (Settle-Carlisle, York, Leeds......) 

Can't wait for Warley......

156472 is running around in the "We are Northern/We are Fearless" s per a few 158's. (158752 is in the new northern livery with "n" logos)

472 was up our way a few weeks ago.

Cheers,

Mick

What a topic this has turned into!

If my memory of retention tanks are correct this only means the 1xx fits the bill of: 142, 143, 144, 150, 155, 156, 158.

159's have retention tanks, unsure if from new or later.

Edit: Removed 153 from list as single unit.

My understanding is there are some 156s running around with retention toilets (possibly also 153s as well), not sure about the rest though.

My understanding is there are some 156s running around with retention toilets (possibly also 153s as well), not sure about the rest though.

Semi-permanently blocked up doesn't count as retention! (Or maybe that's just Northern units!)

Edited by 37038

Just asked someone in the industry who is familiar with 156s and apparently Aglia and ScotRail currently have retention tanks or are in process of being fitted. Other TOC's to follow. Also just dawned on me I can't include them pacers in my assumed list as they don't have bogies!

Guest eddie reffin

All Scotrail 158s have toilet tanks fitted. The 156 fleet is currently being done at a rate of one per week at Springburn. There was a photo on the Scotrail Yammer group of the location of the 156 tank. It sits between the air cylinders at no1 end of the coach with the loo.

So it appears the opportunities for lineside turdspotting and permanent way tomato growing are reducing by the day then.

I always remember walking the Dawlish sea wall back in the 90s as a 125 was approaching, with a tell-tale aerosol cloud emitting from beneath one of the Mk3s.  Fortunately it stopped before it reached me, as I didn't fancy having a 70mph lump of something hit me in the eye.

• Like 1

All Scotrail 158s have toilet tanks fitted. The 156 fleet is currently being done at a rate of one per week at Springburn. There was a photo on the Scotrail Yammer group of the location of the 156 tank. It sits between the air cylinders at no1 end of the coach with the loo.

In that case the sound version better have the correct flush recording we wouldn't want a stink if the unit has flush onto to the track recording but has been converted to retention tanks! :stinker: