Revolution Trains confirms TEA tanker in N

Revolution Ben

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we have a OO gauge version please? I would love a set to go with my Hornby Class 60's as I would some of those Blue VTG ones in OO gauge. Also I am sure they would be a great seller too! ;).

Much as I should like to agree, I don't think it would be a good move as Bachmann produces a decent TEA.

TEA is a somewhat generic TOPS code which covers virtually all 102t bogie tanks, and the Bachmann model (based on a 1960s prototype which is rapidly disappearing from service) bears absolutely no resemblance to the model here.

Saying that Bachmann already model one is a bit like saying they are wasting their time tooling up a class 90 because they already did a good electric loco...

TEA is a somewhat generic TOPS code which covers virtually all 102t bogie tanks, and the Bachmann model (based on a 1960s prototype which is rapidly disappearing from service) bears absolutely no resemblance to the model here.

Saying that Bachmann already model one is a bit like saying they are wasting their time tooling up a class 90 because they already did a good electric loco...

Fair comment but if I were a manufacturer, especially a new one, I wouldn't invest my money in an 00 gauge TEA. I love the approach Revolution is taking and wish it would be repeated in 00 but I doubt that it would generate the necessary sales to make it viable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi there,

Possibly not the forum but thought I'd put my hand up on another wagon to consider for Revolution Trains. There's a distinct lack of car carriers in "n".

In the meantime can't wait for the TEAs.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hi

There is the n gauge society Cartic 4, the etched pixels arbel, the atm arbel (admittedly only available second hand) and the CJM arbel so I wouldn't call that a lack of car carriers.

Cheers

Paul

Maybe RT and Bachmann could partner up and produce the concurrent TEA that is being produced in N scale for us OO gauge users :). I would buy a few for my diorama that's for sure.

If they were going to do it, they would go with Rapido, as they already have the basic CAD work done.

• RMweb Gold

Hello folks

We've received the first samples from the tooling.  There are a few minor tweaks that we need to make but we are pretty pleased and hope that people will like it!

Ben has put together a nice little video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8k1V8niQ4

Cheers, Mike

Edited by red death
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the video.

We have been assessing these samples and giving feedback to Rapido.  We are pretty happy with them and have only identified a couple of issues that need attention, including the fit of the barrel cap at the non-ladder end and making sure all the additional detail parts are fitted correctly - on one of the test samples the triple vent on the top was facing the wrong way.

The photo is not great quality as it was snapped on an iPad, and as the model is just sprayed plain silver I've converted it to black and white to show up the details better - especially on the bogies..

post-420-0-41774200-1447431952_thumb.jpeg

There are a couple more photographs on our website news page, and we are confident of having painted samples on display at Warley.

Once these have been approved then we will close the order book and send the model for production.  We will only produce the number we have pre-orders for, so these will not be available to buy later (except perhaps from eBay) for at least two years, and quite possibly longer than that.  We keep emphasising this last point because the crowd-funded model only works if as many people step forward as possible, and this seems to be the best incentive!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello folks

For those of you patiently waiting for our TEAs, we have received the first painted samples and will have them on display on our stand (C12) at Warley.

med_gallery_219_3807_19839.jpg

When we get a chance we will photograph them and load them onto our website!

Cheers, Mike

Edited by red death
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Thanks to all those who stopped by our stand at Warley and told us how much they admired the painted samples of the TEA tankers.

We are still wating to see the VTG blue, grey and Enviro versions and the Greenergy blue ones, but we are pretty happy with the ones Rapido have sent us to inspect so far...

post-420-0-31191800-1448837149_thumb.jpeg

There are a couple of minor errors - the red one should have a blue, not black, VTG logo and the catwalks have been transposed between the VTG and the Greenergy, but these can easily be sorted.

We expect to be closing the order book on these models at the end of January so don't miss that deadline as we will only be producing models ordered by then. If you're interested but not ready to commit you can register at our website for email newsletters and we will send out reminders nearer the time.

And in case anyone did not notice, we have caved in to the numerous requests from the 4mm fraternity to consider producing these in OO and are looking for expressions of interest now. Go to our website and follow the TEA under the projects tab at the top of the page. We don't want any money at this stage for a putative 4mm version, but it will only go ahead once enough people pledge.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4

Having seen the N gauge TEA's at Warley I have to admit to being slightly jealous of our 2mm friends. Great news you are looking at releasing them in OO, just made my expression of interest.

Thanks

Edited by sdw7300

Thanks for sharing that picture Ben, it just raises my anticipation for them even further! The grey bogies with maroon bearing caps on the EWS model are a really nice touch!

Something you didn't mention, but I don't know if you've noticed, is the EWS ones should have the web address on them as per https://joalder.smugmug.com/RollingStock/T-TOPS-code/TEA-102t-Bogie-Petroleum-Tanks/i-SVmDJqh

Jo