Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Marcus 37

Looks really good Marcus, as for Chickens, Langleys do some nice ones like I had on Porth Merryn, they also do Fox's. Model Scene do the Pigs as well.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the tip off. Checked out their site this afternoon whilst sat in the goods loop at Knighton. They do just about every wild animal possible. Think I will definitely be partaking in a few of those.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

Hi Marcus,

I've just caught up, don't get as much time as I would like to but your layout is looking fantastic. The scenics are really bringing it all together and the buildings/structures getting added really look the part. Nice selection of stock to.

All the best

Mark

Farm scene looks the biz now Marcus...

Superb corner filler, looks fantastic

Great work Marcus - the buildings look very convincing.  :good:

Thanks guy's. Really appreciate the comments. A great source of motivation.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Carrying on with the farmyard scene I've done a bit of non railway modelling over the last few days.

First up is a Weeks Twin 8 grain trailer made from plasticard and wheels recovered from an old toy lorry.

Picture here hitched up to the Massey 698.

post-18515-0-61300300-1468858841_thumb.jpg

And secondly an articulated bale trailer with the body built on an old Wiking lorry drawbar trailer. A load of Harburn Hamlet round bales added to complete.

The Ford TW25 has had a bit of work done to it as well. This includes a conversion from 2 to 4 wheel drive, cab glazing, cab foot steps and open rear window.

post-18515-0-31737700-1468859046_thumb.jpg

Should add a bit of interest to the farm scene with some appropriate 80's agricultural pulling power.

• Like 11

Aye,

I'll never forget the 7610 I used to drive, Hell of a good machine, not the most powerful, but very versatile.

I nearly got it bogged with a rotating plough hanging off its a@#e, the farmer was just getting ready to issue a bollocking, when I managed to extract it. I still got the look of thunder though!!!

Nice rendition of a 'Quiet Cab' Marcus

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Ah yes the 7610. A right little pocket rocket. We had a 2WD one on a farm I worked on near Worcester fitted with a TB turbo. I used to use it regularly bale ring straw with a New Holland conventional small square baler. Used to pull really well considering I was following a 25' combine. That's quite a heap of straw left behind with a header that size.

Must admit my favourite though was my mates 8210. One of the most georgeous exhaust notes I've heard on a tractor.

Here's a picture of her below.

post-18515-0-42667900-1468862211_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately she got a bit long in the tooth and got swapped for a Case IH Maxxum 135.

By all accounts she's now in South Africa hauling Sugar cane.

• Like 2

Another beast from the Ford stable that Ive driven a few examples of was the TW20. Would pull a house down but had the most God awful gearbox ever. No synchromesh whatsoever and unless you started off at the bottom of the range the thing would jump around everywhere. Absolute nightmare for corn carting. A few times I got caught out going up hill with a 15t Trailer in tow.

post-18515-0-08054700-1468862991_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

if its not one type of tractor with you its the other

i used to like farm machinery but i dont any more........

.......i'm an ex tractor fan

Edited by big jim

Very nice detailing on the tractors. WHere did the Ford spring from !!!! Is it a 1/64 Ertl too?  Need to get me a couple of those as well for an 80s layout. I do have some but the are Britains 1:32 scale so a little too large HAHA 

Very nice detailing on the tractors. WHere did the Ford spring from !!!! Is it a 1/64 Ertl too?  Need to get me a couple of those as well for an 80s layout. I do have some but the are Britains 1:32 scale so a little too large HAHA

Hi Mate

Yep that's an Ertl 1:64 as well. They do two and four wheel drive versions. The one I had was 2WD hence, the conversion.

Must admit I've got a fair few of the Britains 1:32 as shelf ornaments. Mainly the examples I have driven. As you say theiR a little on the large side.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

The farm scene looks great Marcus, 

Enough pics of tractors now though please it will be buses next. lol

Cheers Peter.

I can put your mind at rest Peter. I can guarantee there will be no bus photo's appearing. Trains and Tractors and that's it. HaHaHa!!

Back to some railway related modelling today albeit not in the loft as it was far to hot. Nearly roasted me just going and fetching these.

Cracked on with painting the line side equipment cabinets which was a nice little job for the afternoon.

Suitably grotty as most of them are on off beaten tracks although, there is some nice new Alluminum examples round PF.

Here's a quick picture.

post-18515-0-04786700-1468957675_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 4

What??  ............

Back to some railway related modelling today albeit not in the loft as it was far to hot. Nearly roasted me just going and fetching these.
Cracked on with painting the line side equipment cabinets which was a nice little job for the afternoon.
Suitably grotty as most of them are on off beaten tracks although, there is some nice new Alluminum examples round PF.
Here's a quick picture.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers

Marcus

...........  what sort of a layout is this?????   Cheap rusty steel boxes purchased at, no doubt, knock down prices.  You will soon find that the old saying - "You get what you pay for." - will soon bite you for not getting the newer more modern Aluminium boxes.  And  ..... there's the replacement costs to be considered.     .........................   I seriously thought you were't old enough to have been in BR Management.                :O  :O  :O

J

I think someone saw me coming. Fell off the back of a dodgy looking Transit pick up towing a caravan. Cost me a fortune all that rust!! You'd have thought I would have been more astute after all those manky sheets I got flogged for the barn roof!!  :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Those cabinets look brilliant mate, you really do capture the rusty look to perfection.

I don't envy you going into the loft today, right now, at quarter to eleven at night, it's 23 degrees in my bedroom, and that's with the all windows and doors upstairs wide open. I don't think I'll be getting much quality sleep tonight!

Al.

Hi Marcus

Loads of progress!

The tractors look great. - how did you do the straw bales or do you buy them like that?

I'm biased towards the Massey Ferguson tractor (the factory was opposite my school and I worked on the refurbishment of their tower block HQ (that was blown up a year or so ago to make way for a housing estate!))

I like the rusted look on those relay cabs too.

Have you got any of the concrete cable trunking on PDW? I got some for my last layout that was Wills i think, but i need about 30' worth this time, and don't want to use Wills as it will cost a fortune - need to look for an alternative.....

keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

Those cabinets look brilliant mate, you really do capture the rusty look to perfection.

I don't envy you going into the loft today, right now, at quarter to eleven at night, it's 23 degrees in my bedroom, and that's with the all windows and doors upstairs wide open. I don't think I'll be getting much quality sleep tonight!

Al.

Thanks Al. Yep you're right it is incredibly hot. Think the cabinets might be staying down stairs for a while.

I do the rust in three stages. Firstly I dry brush the whole area to pick out the detail. I then add random rust patches with a small brush. Once dry I then add more dry brushing down from the patches to give a fade out effect. This gets lost a little bit on the cabinets but shows up better on larger areas. After studying the cabinets on the Coalville branch last week I gave them a wash of Humbrol 93 as there is quite a bit of mildew on the real ones. This was dabbed off almost immediately.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1