Marcus 37

Welcome back Marcus, but I bet the draw of playing with the 12" : 1' versions is still fun!

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty

Yep still enjoying playing with the big trains. Although a little bit more time for the little ones would be nice. Hoping to get up in the loft later and run in the new 07. The weathers not looking great here so that's a good excuse. Seems after all the lovely weather that autumns come early!

All the best

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Great to see your back on here Marcus I did see you back in April on the 50 tour I must say you showed us what the old girls are made of.

It was a bit of a Rmweb meet up on-board as Jim was also floating about.

Keep up the great work on the layout.

Cheers

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see your back on here Marcus I did see you back in April on the 50 tour I must say you showed us what the old girls are made of.

It was a bit of a Rmweb meet up on-board as Jim was also floating about.

Keep up the great work on the layout.

Cheers

Colin

Hi Colin

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Works been even more hectic than normal at the moment due to a certain incident at Hams Hall.

Seen quite a bit of Coventry lately with diverted intermodal services. Never been that way so much. Shall be back again there later today with the Class 50s on the GBRf 18 charter. I'm getting relief so might see you if you're around.

Still haven't got to run the 07 yet!!

All the best

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Marcus,

Great to have you back posting again - good that your enjoying the BIG railway tho!

Rich

Thanks Rich. Still busy unfortunately so nothing done once again. Lots of RDW at the moment so make hay whilst the sun shines as they say.

The S stock moves have ramped up again since they've opened up the south end of Derby station and I've been doing a lot of the intermodal diversions due to the Derailment at Hams Hall.

So lots of those BIG trains to drive. LOL.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Rich. Still busy unfortunately so nothing done once again. Lots of RDW at the moment so make hay whilst the sun shines as they say.

The S stock moves have ramped up again since they've opened up the south end of Derby station and I've been doing a lot of the intermodal diversions due to the Derailment at Hams Hall.

So lots of those BIG trains to drive. LOL.

Cheers

Marcus

You need to get learning Doncaster iport!

Your not wrong about RDW though, pick and choose yer jobs almost

• Like 1

WOW, Lucky man Marcus.

Hi Andy

Funnily enough I didn't mind working this Sunday turn. Lol.

A very nice run indeed from Crewe to Coventry via Shrewsbury. Plenty of nice steep banks with plenty of noise.

Even the sun came out which was nice.

A very enjoyable afternoon.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Thanks for the toot :sungum:

I got some pics of you approaching Newcastle Road crossing later on in Nantwich as well. Your start up was awesome from the signal check. I've posted a couple of pics in the 50 thread, if you want some Hi-Res pics I'll be happy to send them to you :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy

Funnily enough I didn't mind working this Sunday turn. Lol.

A very nice run indeed from Crewe to Coventry via Shrewsbury. Plenty of nice steep banks with plenty of noise.

Even the sun came out which was nice.

A very enjoyable afternoon.

Cheers

Marcus

Shame i was working in and out of donny, I would have happily 2nd manned you out of crewe!

(Or even come down and got some pics)

Been a funny old tour that one, all over the country and I never caught sight of it once

• RMweb Gold

Yep still renumbered. Pretty scary that it's over 30 years since the original 006 & 011 were withdrawn. Remember seeing both of them in service.God I feel old!!

Funnily enough seeing the pic of the renumbered 50011 got me thinking the last time I saw the REAL 50011 was in crewe in pretty much the same place, while waiting to go to Montrose with my dad back in 1987? our train was 2 hours late and while we were waiting a strange headlight came round the curve from shrewsbury direction and low and behold it was 50011 on its final run from iirc Cardiff to crewe on a postal train before heading into crewe works to be withdrawn and used as a mobile generator/load bank in the works

Thanks for the toot :sungum:

I got some pics of you approaching Newcastle Road crossing later on in Nantwich as well. Your start up was awesome from the signal check. I've posted a couple of pics in the 50 thread, if you want some Hi-Res pics I'll be happy to send them to you :)

Not that I was looking out for you or anything..... HaHa. Guessed you'd probably be there.

Would love a copy of those pics mate if you don't mind.

Are you attending the SVR at all next weekend or is that a silly question. Lol.

Cheers

Marcus

Funnily enough seeing the pic of the renumbered 50011 got me thinking the last time I saw the REAL 50011 was in crewe in pretty much the same place, while waiting to go to Montrose with my dad back in 1987? our train was 2 hours late and while we were waiting a strange headlight came round the curve from shrewsbury direction and low and behold it was 50011 on its final run from iirc Cardiff to crewe on a postal train before heading into crewe works to be withdrawn and used as a mobile generator/load bank in the works

Wow. That was something to see it on its last revenue earning turn. A nice memory indeed.

Shame i was working in and out of donny, I would have happily 2nd manned you out of crewe!

(Or even come down and got some pics)

Been a funny old tour that one, all over the country and I never caught sight of it once

I saw it once prior to working it. I was working an intermuddled train on Friday morning and passed it around Lechlade tunnel heading North with the choppers in charge.

i only ever saw the real 011  at crewe in the works at an openday as the power unit test bed .