Marcus 37

Thanks for the toot :sungum:

I got some pics of you approaching Newcastle Road crossing later on in Nantwich as well. Your start up was awesome from the signal check. I've posted a couple of pics in the 50 thread, if you want some Hi-Res pics I'll be happy to send them to you :)

would love to see some of them pics mate .

A few pictures I took back in July whilst up in the Peak District on holiday. Great to see a 37 back in the area even if it's just on glorified shunting duties.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

haven't they killed the 56 and the video i have seen of the tractor is amazing its been well thrashed shunting there . superb photos Marcus .

A few pictures I took back in July whilst up in the Peak District on holiday. Great to see a 37 back in the area even if it's just on glorified shunting duties.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The 37 was still sitting in exactly the same position and same Wagons last Saturday, pity I didn't have my camera with me Marcus.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Marcus,

Superb layout, I've been reading all 89 pages of it, here and there as I've had time over the past few days!  Sounds like you've been having fun with your 50s again, I am detecting a slight hint of a enthusiast coming through :)

Really must wander out and get the 59 on the aggregate flow out of Tinsley.  Its only 45 minutes from me, yet the only time I've seen it was when Bob T got hold of it again, and brought it back through Immingham - I was one of the idiots stood in pooring rain photographing it around Barnetby.  I am assuming its still on the Midlands aggregate trains?

Safe driving, and remember all work and no play ... you need some modelling time!

haven't they killed the 56 and the video i have seen of the tractor is amazing its been well thrashed shunting there . superb photos Marcus .

Not sure they exactly killed it, but suspect it has one hell of a headache with all the wheel flats it incurred!  

Richie

Edited by Richie Kynaston
  • Like 1

Hi Richie

Thanks for the kind words. You're certainly right about the all work and no play. Intend on putting that right next weekend. HaHa

Currently sat at West Ruislip waiting to head out to Derby with the 20s.

The 59 has been diagrammed to 6M40 / 6V14 Westbury to Stud Farm bulk ballast & return.

I had it a few weeks back but I believe it's poorly again. Not sure if it's been fixed yet.

I'll let you know if it reappears.

All the best

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Richie

Thanks for the kind words. You're certainly right about the all work and no play. Intend on putting that right next weekend. HaHa

Currently sat at West Ruislip waiting to head out to Derby with the 20s.

The 59 has been diagrammed to 6M40 / 6V14 Westbury to Stud Farm bulk ballast & return.

I had it a few weeks back but I believe it's poorly again. Not sure if it's been fixed yet.

I'll let you know if it reappears.

All the best

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

Ah course, I forgot it had been dispatched back to the land of its fathers, or in this case brothers!

Enjoy the SVR!

Cheers

Richie

Thanks Marcus,

Ah course, I forgot it had been dispatched back to the land of its fathers, or in this case brothers!

Enjoy the SVR!

Cheers

Richie

Hi Richie

Was told yesterday it's back out next week. Will be definitely be able to tell you Monday as I'm booked on it. So we shall see....

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Morning All.

Shock , Horror.....

A week off from work and I'm actually doing some modelling.

I think the arrival of the ICI hoppers and the Peak Stone 07 has finally spurred me on.

A project that has been waiting in the wings for a while is the Peak Dale Products building which I believe used to be the old offices for Dove Holes quarry.

Anybody familiar with Peak Forest will know the building is the one on the corner opposite the depot entrance. I think most of us have used the hard standing at the end of it to park up when visiting the location.

For those not familiar a here's a picture below.

post-18515-0-07895500-1540986662_thumb.png

The shell for the building has been constructed for quite a while as can be seen below from the lack of ballast on the layout.

post-18515-0-05510500-1540986798_thumb.jpeg

Having managed to pick up some Plastikard from my local model shop I have set about cladding the building over the last couple of days. It's slightly scaled down from the prototype to fit the layout but hopefully gives a good representation once finished.

Here's a few pictures of the project so far.

post-18515-0-11277500-1540987034_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-95360500-1540987055_thumb.jpeg

Next job is to slate the roof which I shall be using the same method as the station building using overlapped strips of card with slots cut into it with random notches cut out to represent damaged or slipped slates.

More to come later.

Cheers for now.

• Like 3

I know Jim. Can't believe myself.

That iport job is a bit of a grueller. I think they've had Liam out learning it which is only fair as he's been a bit left out in the route learning department since he started. I'm sure they'll catch up with me sooner or later.

Just debating whether to do the other side of my roof or go and play trains for a bit.

Have a good day mate

Cheers

Marcus.

• Like 1

Excellent work mate, also the OLD LOO / gap behind that building that many have used for light relief has been boarded up. :no:  :scared:  :scared:

Looking good, I like it.

Thanks Leon.

It's nice getting stuck in again. Didn't realise how much I had missed doing it. Mind you Diane didn't realise how much she missed the mess when I'm modelling HaHa

Looking good, I like it.

Thanks Leon. I'll try again after hitting reply to Andys post instead.

Excellent work mate, also the OLD LOO / gap behind the left end of that building that many have used for light relief has been boarded up. :no:  :scared:  :scared:

Now I couldn't possibly comment on that one. But, yep been there too. Usually after coming back from the Devonshire Arms for lunch.