Competition time

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

I'll be unveiling something or somethings at the following location in a few short months time.

No prizes, just for fun......

But what is it or what are they? 

ah, memories!

cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-54157000-1428312605_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-74878300-1428312625_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'll be unveiling something or somethings at the following location in a few short months time.

No prizes, just for fun......

But what is it or what are they? 

ah, memories!

cheers

Dave

1st picture, bracket towards the top, telephone overheads support.

Gone in a cloud of dust!

• RMweb Gold

Samples of products- finished or otherwise?

Roundy round we go . . .

See Kernow site for production run 2 Well Tanks, O2 prototypes and J94 prototypes ;) It's no secret they are DJM models 'commissioned' by the shop.

A range of OO tinplate based on the old Hornby models as a retro micro range for the modern smaller house? :)

• RMweb Gold

My guess would be a Binns Road address for DJM. Dave and I did talk about that once at an exhibtion, as it is within commuting distance of Chateau Dave. :-)

Also, it's within commuting distance of Chateau Bob if Dave needs a reasuringly expensive minion. ;-)

I fear adjacent to Binns Road might be as close as it can get. The property in the top pic (showing the Binns Road name) actually has a Rathbone Road address. In the bottom pic, looking down Binns Road towards the site of the old Hornby factory, there are some industrial units but these are technically in Binns Way. Unless Dave has come into a lot of money and is  taking over one of the very large industrial properties on Binns Road of course!  Baske in the spirit of the old Hornby empire by all means - just not the final years.

Hope it all goes smoothly.

PS I remind you Hornby did do O gauge.

No, no, no, nooo   .. Dave going to do a range of n, oo and o  gauge pigeons complete with scale guano!

Hope they have flapping wings to add that touch of realism. Hmm on second thoughts I have two cats, don't want half my layout to get eaten!

Maybe we're getting bogged down with the Binns Road/Frank Hornby/Meccano link. Me being a bit of a fattie, I think more along the lines (pun Intended) of the Fairfield Biscuit works.

Maybe Hattons has commissioned Crawford's Fireless Loco. Could that be a RTR first?

Or could it be wagon??? Pal-shockvans. Nobody's done one of them yet. Regulars into the biscuit works to protect all them loverly crackers during transport.

Porcy

Maybe Hattons has commissioned Crawford's Fireless Loco. Could that be a RTR first?

Or could it be wagon??? Pal-shockvans. Nobody's done one of them yet. Regulars into the biscuit works to protect all them loverly crackers during transport.

Porcy

There have been a few Fireless locos done by Lilliput - last time I was in FMR in Bradford they had a couple of 0-6-0F locos, I thought it was a shame they couldn't be Anglicised, but that's getting off topic....

Unless it is a commission it isn't a new DJM Loco product - though Dave might just break his word about not announcing more of these before approx July 2016.

My money is still on the office/small unit/business address...

Les

• RMweb Gold

I have considered Dave's cryptic clues and concluded that DJM must be following-up their announcement of the HA/ class 71 electric locomotive with the announcement of a Bulleid/Raworth class 70 electric locomotive.  After all, they were known as "Hornbys". :boast:

I have considered Dave's cryptic clues and concluded that DJM must be following-up their announcement of the HA/ class 71 electric locomotive with the announcement of a Bulleid/Raworth class 70 electric locomotive.  After all, they were known as "Hornbys". :boast:

Yes I would second one of them proper class 70s by the great man Bullied himself, not those horrible 70s Bachmann do. Shape of those is completely wrong, liveries are nothing like those of the 1950s. It is missing the 3rd rail pick up shoes too. What was Bachmann thinking ? Come on Dave give us some proper 70s please.

• 2 months later...

Archived