Lunester Lounge 2017.... for ANY topic you wish to discuss

Yes Bill, I've been known to glow in the dark when I run out of light-bulbs!!

I'd be moving away from Morecambe if there are fish walking down the Prom!

Jeff

Hi Jeff! OK! So I was teasing about the fish actually walking along the prom! It's more a sort of hop! Seriously though, it does make you think when you're fishing, get a pull on the rod tip and reel in, only to find that the bait is still intact but something has bitten the 6 ounce lead weight off! Have fun!

Little Chef story...

A good few years ago me and some of my mates were travelling back from a Pink Floyd gig in my old Tranny 'bus on the M6 when we spotted a Little Chef and everyone got the munchies. In we went only to find it deserted with the staff getting ready to close. They were however kind enough to offer us what was left, namely beans and chips. They duly appeared with our meals and we got stuck in. I should say at this point that when they said beans, they meant it! Lots and lots of them! Back in the van and a few miles later it's would be polite to say that the interior had developed something of an atmosphere and Bill was driving at speed with all the windows open, while the (equally guilty) ladies in the group insisted that I drove even faster! Our arrival in Blackburn was like a scene out of the Sweeney as the van screeched to a halt, doors being flung wide and bodies flying in all directions as we made a very rapid exit!

Regards

Bill

• Like 1

Not Little Chef related, but in 1975 we ventured over the pennines to the custom bike show at Belle Vue. Six teenage lads in an ancient kn@ckered Ford Thames van three piece suite sliding about in the back, the usual sort of thing. Great night was had by all, called in Stockport on the way back for beer, chips & curry, more beer got invited for a lock in and finally hit the road again about 1am.

The snake pass was very interesting. It was almost as foggy outside the van as it was getting inside  :O . The lights (2 candle power at least) were useless so we were down to walking pace. Having the windows open wasn't nearly enough ventilation, so some bright spark decided we could get more if we opened the back doors.  We only had to stop twice to lift an armchair and it's sleeping 'passenger' back in twice. Ah, the joys of youth.

• Like 1

Hello, I see it's all change round here since my last visit to the Lounge which looks as if it's going to turn into an Asylum :O oo er.

Things have been pretty hard for us over the last few months and despite little or no time to myself I still manage to smile through life - most of the time.

Today was MS cakebreak day to raise funds and awareness of the condition so we were persuaded by our good friend to hold an event in our Village Bowls Club and what a day it was, a great success in every way. For such a small Village - it only takes about a minute to drive through it - to raise over £350.00 is just incredible and Linda is absolutely delighted with the result as are we all, both myself and our friend are shattered though after the setting up, running and clearing up. We were both grateful for those who pitched in and helped to make our duties easier and it just goes to show the kindness of people, something I noticed that is lacking in places on this and other forums at times.

Anyway a few pics of the day, I know you like them especially if they are cakes :mosking:

A few of the cakes ready for the visitors many of whom made them.

post-13569-0-23639900-1431715309_thumb.jpg

A special prize cake made by our Daughter and won by our retired Vicar, someone was on her side weren't they?

post-13569-0-20920300-1431715348_thumb.jpg

Some of the visitors, it was like this for just over 2 hours, well it was free cake and drinks in return for donations.

post-13569-0-88513500-1431715388_thumb.jpg

Me and Linda enjoying a quiet moment together.

post-13569-0-76762800-1431715426_thumb.jpg

So that's the sort of thing I do when not at home now and it takes a lot of time and energy.

As for shed action and the layout the spiders are working faster than me as they remain undisturbed for days at time, oh well not to worry I'm sure there will will be more modelling action one day.

As for all the action on here I would have nominated the 'Lunester Library' being as how it covers a wide range of subjects but somehow the Asylum seems to fit so that gets my vote too.

A bit late I know but regarding VE day my Grandfather fought at in WW1 and survived - just. When he returned home he presented my Grandmother with his pocket diary which he kept in his left breast pocket complete with bullet hole that stopped at the back cover, no wonder they were both avid churchgoers.

My father was in North Africa in WW2 and was a sniper on a lot of patrols, despite having a lot of photographs of his time there he rarely spoke of it apart from the comaraderie he had with some of those photographed. Unlike my Grandparents he was not a believer after what he had seen.

A bit of a long post from me but who knows when I'll be back but I will try and get to Goathland in July seeing as I have not been to a show since Hull.

Enjoy the madness of the Asylum and happy modelling.

Jim

• Like 5

Hello, I see it's all change round here since my last visit to the Lounge which looks as if it's going to turn into an Asylum :O oo er.

Things have been pretty hard for us over the last few months and despite little or no time to myself I still manage to smile through life - most of the time.

Today was MS cakebreak day to raise funds and awareness of the condition so we were persuaded by our good friend to hold an event in our Village Bowls Club and what a day it was, a great success in every way. For such a small Village - it only takes about a minute to drive through it - to raise over £350.00 is just incredible and Linda is absolutely delighted with the result as are we all, both myself and our friend are shattered though after the setting up, running and clearing up. We were both grateful for those who pitched in and helped to make our duties easier and it just goes to show the kindness of people, something I noticed that is lacking in places on this and other forums at times.

Anyway a few pics of the day, I know you like them especially if they are cakes :mosking:

A few of the cakes ready for the visitors many of whom made them.

attachicon.gifcake break 008.JPG

A special prize cake made by our Daughter and won by our retired Vicar, someone was on her side weren't they?

attachicon.gifcake break 009.JPG

Some of the visitors, it was like this for just over 2 hours, well it was free cake and drinks in return for donations.

attachicon.gifcake break 006.JPG

Me and Linda enjoying a quiet moment together.

attachicon.gifcake break 011.JPG

So that's the sort of thing I do when not at home now and it takes a lot of time and energy.

As for shed action and the layout the spiders are working faster than me as they remain undisturbed for days at time, oh well not to worry I'm sure there will will be more modelling action one day.

As for all the action on here I would have nominated the 'Lunester Library' being as how it covers a wide range of subjects but somehow the Asylum seems to fit so that gets my vote too.

A bit late I know but regarding VE day my Grandfather fought at in WW1 and survived - just. When he returned home he presented my Grandmother with his pocket diary which he kept in his left breast pocket complete with bullet hole that stopped at the back cover, no wonder they were both avid churchgoers.

My father was in North Africa in WW2 and was a sniper on a lot of patrols, despite having a lot of photographs of his time there he rarely spoke of it apart from the comaraderie he had with some of those photographed. Unlike my Grandparents he was not a believer after what he had seen.

A bit of a long post from me but who knows when I'll be back but I will try and get to Goathland in July seeing as I have not been to a show since Hull.

Enjoy the madness of the Asylum and happy modelling.

Jim

Well done that man and all your colleagues! It's certainly true that there's far too little consideration in our world today, and to see people like yourself putting in the effort for the benefit of others, and with such success is a joy to behold! A round of applause and my hat is raised to you Sir!

Regards to you and your wife,

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric

• RMweb Premium

Jim, it's great to hear from you! I was wondering how certain people were doing as I was mentally running through the list of potential Lunester voters.

A few new threads on here and a few new faces. But insane - and enjoyable - as usual!!

Very best wishes to you and Linda. You're always welcome, modelling or no!

Jeff

• Like 5

Speak for yourself, I am an idiot

Now, how can we possibly comment on that, dear chap!?!

If one were to tick "Agree", that wouldn't be very nice, would it!!!

A fellow idiot!

Takes one to recognise one :jester:

My village elders keep calling me, they've lost theirs :declare:

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Jim,

What a lovely idea and I am glad that it raised so much from such a small group.  The cake your daughter made is amazing.  I know from some of the things I have been involved in just how much work there is beforehand and clearing up afterwards.

Hope things get easier for you both, all the best.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Quite a few years ago I had a norton model 50 with a sidecar my mate John had a 650 BSA with a sidecar. We had gone for a week to Weymouth we got there with him having some trouble with the bike. it was not able to start for the journey home. On the friday night we walked into Weymouth to the local dance and had a good skinful. I had left the others to take some bird home. Got back to the Caravan to find the others were back but not John so despite having a lots of beer I got the bike out and drove back to the dance hall to find him totally wasted being guarded by a couple of WPCs they were pleased for me to take him back. The next day we had to leave so loaded all the stuff onto the two sidecars  and rigged up a tow rope so my 350cc engine had to pull two bikes with sidcars plus six people and their luggage 100 miles back to Reading. On the wat back we stopped at a little Chef for lunch. We ordered and ate our meals but could find no sign of the waitress to settle up. None of the others wanted to know so we stood up remarked loudly if no one was going to take our money we would go. We were ignored so calmly walked out.

Don

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Quite a few years ago I had a norton model 50 with a sidecar my mate John had a 650 BSA with a sidecar. We had gone for a week to Weymouth we got there with him having some trouble with the bike. it was not able to start for the journey home. On the friday night we walked into Weymouth to the local dance and had a good skinful. I had left the others to take some bird home. Got back to the Caravan to find the others were back but not John so despite having a lots of beer I got the bike out and drove back to the dance hall to find him totally wasted being guarded by a couple of WPCs they were pleased for me to take him back. The next day we had to leave so loaded all the stuff onto the two sidecars  and rigged up a tow rope so my 350cc engine had to pull two bikes with sidcars plus six people and their luggage 100 miles back to Reading. On the wat back we stopped at a little Chef for lunch. We ordered and ate our meals but could find no sign of the waitress to settle up. None of the others wanted to know so we stood up remarked loudly if no one was going to take our money we would go. We were ignored so calmly walked out.

Don

Don,

Great story and from the history of your weekend the sight of you all must have scared them away so they decided to let you have your meal 'on the house'.

The only recollection I specifically have of a little chef was the wait.  We popped in for a quick meal and had to wait 45 minutes so never used them again.

Cheers Peter

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Giving the game away here..... ante-natal class all day :)

Jason,

Congratulations!  All day?  What on earth were they teaching you?  No, on second thoughts, don't bother.

• RMweb Premium

About time you mentioned that! I don't know how you've kept so quiet over the last 6 weeks or so!

Jeff

Now I can say it out loud, WOW, BU66ER ME mate, sleepless nights so plenty of modelling time at three in the morning whilst doing a bottle and nappies.

Glad I inherited Dees 4, (Two sets of twins, 15 Months apart) when they were teenagers.

• Like 2