Lunester Lounge 2017.... for ANY topic you wish to discuss

Just in case you thought it was easy collecting Hornby Black 5s and Bulleid Spamcans...

this is the engine-room of the never-ending-picture-department

Choices of angle and height, the better to hide deficiencies, or just look 'right'...

post-7929-0-43038100-1431810620_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 2

Great to meet Chris N at ExpoEM today. As usual with everyone from here that I've ended up meeting as nice in person as on line. A few ideas were discussed as well.

Although I took my camera, it didn't see the light of day even though there were some really good layouts on show. Most of the time was talking to various traders to get some ideas (mostly about where I will be spending some of my hard earned at a later date)

• Like 5

Very quiet on here. Must be Saturday!

Or have you all gone out looking for a Little Chef?

Jeff

Busy, busy, busy! I have granddaughter Lucy and mommy over on a visit and with her (4th) birthday coming up we took her into Lancaster shopping. There's a toyshop there which recreates toys from Victorian times (which she usually makes a beeline for) and Lucy decided she wanted an 'old-time dolly' from grandpa as a present, so that's what she got! Unfortunately, beautiful as they are, I discovered they come at very much 21st Century prices, so I'm currently hiding behind a bush in the garden clutching a much depleted wallet to my chest!

Congratulations to Jason and Sofia for their upcoming event! Life changing undoubtedly but an unbelievable amount of joy to experience on the way!

Regards

Bill

• Like 3

Evening all,

Jason, that is fantastic news, I hope that Sofia and you enjoy the experience of parenthood as much as Joanna and I have - we are veterans now with three children, six grand children and three great grand children with another on the way! I hope all goes well for you both and look forward to further bulletins soon!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 4

Jim,

I thought you had been missing for some time now and guessed that health issues had taken precedence! That was a remarkable thing to do and I'm pleased that it seems to have been such a success.

Such a worthwhile cause, one of the nastiest ailments that anyone can suffer from, I hope that Linda and you can maintain that happy and loving demeanour evident in the picture of you both having a 'quiet moment'!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Jim.

Well done!! Cake'll do it. My mother-in-law baked a peach pie for a charity auction a few years back. Having tasted her fare on many occasion, my hand was first in the air. The auctioneer was quick to point out over the mike that the son-in-law was bidding. It went for $90 in the end!   

You have my full understanding with this MS problem. We have a friend over here with it. Poor guy has been hospitalized since August as he contracted bed sores after they gave him a wheel chair. I could say it's no cake walk but you seem to have turned that fraise around.

Regards Shaun.

• RMweb Premium

Since I've just arrived home I'll draw a line under the voting for the naming of this thread. Votes cast were as follows:

New Lounge 4 / First Class Lounge 0 / Lunester Parlour 1 / Lunester Asylum 10 / Lunester Pullman 1

So the Asylum wins and I'll change the thread name forthwith.

Jeff

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Welcome back Jeff. I trust you enjoyed Cumbria.

It sounds like all the Lunesters have advanced (or taken a nose dive depending on ones view) somehow from a bunch of lounge lizards to regulars at the Asylum .Seems to fit in with the general humor on here no matter what!

Flowers.

post-8964-0-14784400-1431847489_thumb.jpg

Courtesy  of Mrs. S.

• Like 10

Congratulations Jason and Sofia.

My grandkids will be here soon, so I have a busy day ahead. Granddaughter wants to paint a lineside hut and some little people for her railway, grandson will be crashing toy cars into everything and generally being loud. Granddad will be general dogsbody and loving every minute.

• Like 7

Great to meet Chris N at ExpoEM today. As usual with everyone from here that I've ended up meeting as nice in person as on line. A few ideas were discussed as well.

Although I took my camera, it didn't see the light of day even though there were some really good layouts on show. Most of the time was talking to various traders to get some ideas (mostly about where I will be spending some of my hard earned at a later date)

Morning Duncan, When I go to Shows I photograph all sorts off things, such as Buildings, Rivers, Streams, Vehicles etc. as I feel its all amo for later, and this is a NONE RAILWAY THREAD I wont mention other things for fear of being ostracized.

The camera is a very handy tool for me at shows, and I generally take in excess of 150 photos at the average small Show, (179 at Derby for example), and AT Stafford last year it was about 230, although I had to bin about 15 due to bad ligt and focusing but its amazing just what there is to be seen at some shows.

post-9335-0-55430500-1431848051_thumb.jpg

And at the Ruddington Show

post-9335-0-22851700-1431848214_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16608000-1431848247_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-47228500-1431848544_thumb.jpg

Always have your camera at a show.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

Since I've just arrived home I'll draw a line under the voting for the naming of this thread. Votes cast were as follows:

New Lounge 4 / First Class Lounge 0 / Lunester Parlour 1 / Lunester Asylum 10 / Lunester Pullman 1

So the Asylum wins and I'll change the thread name forthwith.

Jeff

I want a re count, I voted for the PRIVEY and its NOT BEEN COUNTED, hhahahhahh

Jason, I don't want to put you off mate BUT.

I inherited Dee's 4 as I have said, Twin Girls @ 14 and Twin Boys @ 13.

They all got married and moved out.

Three got divorced and moved back in, (not all at the same time) we had sold a 4 Bed house and bought a 2 Bed Bungalow, so had to buy a bigger House again. They then all got re married and moved back out again. The one that didn't get divorced has just got divorced at 51 years of age and keeps sodding off to Turkey and so we think she's having a Mid Life Crisis, hahhah. :O

Between them they produced 6 wonderful Grand Children and we now have our 6th Great Grand Child on its way,

Give it 18 Months to Two years, and the little one will be seeing just how FAST A BLACK FIVE CAN HIT THE BUFFER ON BACUP. :nono:

Hahahhhheeeee :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

• Like 4

Give it 18 Months to Two years, and the little one will be seeing just how FAST A BLACK FIVE CAN HIT THE BUFFER ON BACUP. :nono:

Hahahhhheeeee :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

I want a re count, I voted for the PRIVEY and its NOT BEEN COUNTED, hhahahhahh

I can only say that I have three kids, one girl, two boys and they don't get any better as they grow up, just bigger. As they moved out I told them that I'd rented out their rooms  :beee: they ignored me.

I now have seven grandkids, My daughter has a boy (19), currently at uni and twin girls (9). No1 son has a girl (6) and son (3). No2 son has two boys 8 and 6.

No1 son lives very close so we see his kids most, if they all turn up together it's chaos. I wouldn't swap them for anything (or so SWMBO tells me).

The youngest grandson loves train crashes, what can I say?  :O

I voted PRIVY too, but nobody ever takes any notice of me (see above)

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Spot-on comment, Shaun. It's good to see a lot of people contributing on a range of themes..... Andy, are you sure those parrots were at an exhibition?

RAILWAY exhibition, I mean! LOVELY PLUMAGE, as the great Monty Python programme would say.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

POLITE REQUEST!

There are now 2 Lounges, as you well know. The content of the Asylum, as this one is now known, is very varied and the camaraderie is first class. BUT....

CAN WE PLEASE KEEP ANYTHING RAILWAY RELATED OUT OF HERE - PLEASE!!!

And I'm NOT referring to people meeting up at exhibitions or Andy's parrots.

There is an entire second Lounge for railway stuff, so please use that. 

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Bits edited out

Hahahhhheeeee :no:  :no: 

My eldest soon learnt how to drive the trains, I caught him one day playing with the railway. He said he was only looking at it. He had his hand firmly on a class 25 who's motor was going 19 to the dozen. :locomotive: :no:  :locomotive: :no:  :locomotive: :no:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

My brain hurts................

Is this the right place? Or E(arly) R(isers)?

Best, Pete.

Dead easy, Pete.

If there's a discussion you want to chip into, be it ER or the nuthouse Asylum, go for it.

But keep any railway stuff - wherever possible - to the old Lounge. I know there's bound to be some overlap, but I'm determined to keep overtly railway material out of here.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Right, here's a question that I think Don or Clive might respond to.

Rabbits.

I've almost sealed off all possible entry-ways for the creatures into the garden. Just curious if any of you have had them coming into your garden and digging random holes? You know, along the lines of ... "well, I'm 2 feet nearer the centre of the Earth. Think I'll give up and dig another hole..." When I got home this morning the soil area where the lawn will go had 4 lovely mini-trenches. Filled in now.

I DO like rabbit pie.

Jeff

• Like 1

Don't know much about keeping the little perishers out Jeff, but we used to have trouble keeping them in. Old stone slabs reclaimed from an old footpath stood on end in a trench 30" deep underneath solid fences certainly slowed the little perishers down a bit.  :banghead:

I should explain that through the 50s and 60s my parents bred and showed rabbits. Perhaps why I have never eaten rabbit. When the New Zealand white does were out even the dog stayed in the house, as the rabbits were almost as big as the westie and far more aggressive.

Dave

edit durned fingers.

Edited by HeeleyBridge

Right, here's a question that I think Don or Clive might respond to.

Rabbits.

I've almost sealed off all possible entry-ways for the creatures into the garden. Just curious if any of you have had them coming into your garden and digging random holes? You know, along the lines of ... "well, I'm 2 feet nearer the centre of the Earth. Think I'll give up and dig another hole..." When I got home this morning the soil area where the lawn will go had 4 lovely mini-trenches. Filled in now.

I DO like rabbit pie.

Jeff

Rabbit pie is a good option, and rabbit curry is nice too!