Lunester Lounge 2017.... for ANY topic you wish to discuss

Speaking about space, I took the 11 year old to see "Hidden Figures", about some of the African-American computers who worked for NASA.  It isn't a documentary, I am quite sure, but it wasn't a bad movie.  Nice and gentle compared with many, and it had enough space (SPACE !) for an 11 year old who is a bit OTT for flying things.  (sorry, I think I have failed to make him into  a  railfan foamer, but have made him into a propellerhead instead...)

James

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not bad..... I recognise most of those. Not sure about "The Mill", though - where's that appeared from?   :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

You might manage to persuade me to come down to Stafford with you.....

Jeff

Not bad..... I recognise most of those. Not sure about "The Mill", though - where's that appeared from?   :onthequiet:  :onthequiet:

You might manage to persuade me to come down to Stafford with you.....

Jeff

:O :swoon:

Blimey! Jason has been trying to get you to one for years, are you about to succumb, will it get addictive?

• RMweb Premium

To be fair, it won't be your average show; we are hoping it will be much more relaxed with a lot more interaction between exhibitors and punters than usual, plus we'll all be flipping from one layout to another as operators (e.g. when Chris is operating The Mill, I'll be on BCB or DITD).

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

:O :swoon:

Blimey! Jason has been trying to get you to one for years, are you about to succumb, will it get addictive?

Jim, I reckoned that if I said "no", then I'd be ripping the track up and reverting to OO, as he wouldn't help with the EM conversions......  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Actually, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to meet some of the gang - and see some wonderful layouts!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very sad to see that John Wetton, one of the great rock vocalists, has died aged 67.

He fronted King Crimson, Asia and the Wetton-Downes driven group Icon. Fantastic singer and great music.

Another one bites the dust....

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Very sad to see that John Wetton, one of the great rock vocalists, has died aged 67.

He fronted King Crimson, Asia and the Wetton-Downes driven group Icon. Fantastic singer and great music.

Another one bites the dust....

Jeff

Same age as me, (or will be at the end of April) there wont be many left at this rate.

• RMweb Gold

He was also a member of Family for a while. I think that may be after the times when I saw the band. I liked \=King Crimson particularly In the Wake of Poseidon and Starless and Bible Black. The latter did feature Wetton I think. He was a month younger than me but he had been battling cancer.

Don

As this is a Settle-Carlisle line related page, I'm sure most of you know about the 'Tornado' steam hauled train running between Skipton and Appleby as a DMU replacement service during Tuesday 14th, Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 of February 2017.

I looked on the official website for the route and was disappointed to read that I would need a reserved seat for this train, but I had no idea that one was needed and just simply thought that if you have a valid rail ticket, you can travel on the train just like you can with any other rail journey as it has been advertised as a regular service train for Northern Rail?

I had planned to go on the train as a day out either on the Tuesday or the Wednesday (I have to work on the Thursday!) and got really excited about travelling, but now it looks like i'll be staying at home or going somewhere else?

Help Please!!

Sam

• 1 month later...

Morning all, Well I thought I'd share some info on my new Camera.

I've had my Fuji about 10 years and it's been fine, but about a year ago I dropped it, and since then I've had to use an elastic band to hold the Batteries in. At the Great Electric Train Show last year the elastic band flew off and I hadn't noticed, so George T and I were re tracing our steps looking for an elastic band and 4 X  AA Batteries amongst the feet of the crowds, we did get some funny looks.

So yesterday I decided to treat myself, and I've gone for a Canon Power Shot  SX 420 IS with 20 Mega Pixel and 42 X Zoom and Wi Fi, (not that I'll probably use that) I also went for the Red one, it's also available in Black.

post-9335-0-71494700-1489828208_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18859100-1489828223_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

You can't do wrong with a Canon. Excellent cameras.

I've been using a Canon DSLR for astrophotography and general work for a couple of years and it's a pleasure to use.

Try not to drop it, Andy! :-)

Jeff

You can't do wrong with a Canon. Excellent cameras.

I've been using a Canon DSLR for astrophotography and general work for a couple of years and it's a pleasure to use.

Try not to drop it, Andy! :-)

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, I'll make a note of that mate.

Morning all, Well I thought I'd share some info on my new Camera.

I've had my Fuji about 10 years and it's been fine, but about a year ago I dropped it, and since then I've had to use an elastic band to hold the Batteries in. At the Great Electric Train Show last year the elastic band flew off and I hadn't noticed, so George T and I were re tracing our steps looking for an elastic band and 4 X  AA Batteries amongst the feet of the crowds, we did get some funny looks.

So yesterday I decided to treat myself, and I've gone for a Canon Power Shot  SX 420 IS with 20 Mega Pixel and 42 X Zoom and Wi Fi, (not that I'll probably use that) I also went for the Red one, it's also available in Black.

attachicon.gifNew Camera 001.JPG

attachicon.gifNew Camera 002.JPG

I bet you chose red so you can find the whole camera the next time the elastic band fails :jester: :protest:

Thumbs up for Canon, good choice Andy.

• RMweb Premium

You all know I enjoy digging holes and filling them up, cutting down forests and building micro-layouts with the timber....that sort of thing. Here's the base (still incomplete) for the observatory shed that'll be fitted on here next Monday. Details will be posted as things happen. But for the moment, a few pics of holes and concrete.

post-13778-0-82737100-1490615814_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-04726600-1490615905_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-94678500-1490616009_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-05117400-1490616172_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 7