Lunester Lounge 2017.... for ANY topic you wish to discuss

• RMweb Premium

A very happy new year to all you Lunesters (and asylum seekers) from the Sasquatches.

The first of this years projects is to finish the barn. We're starting by installing a wood stove then we plan to insulate it by pulling off all the ply walls and ceiling to fill with fiber glass. I then have to empty all the junk from the back quarter and build a storage and spraying shop. There's also an office which needs doing out, a 60 amp supply to go in, some more wiring to do and a router table to build. Oh and finish painting the outside!

post-8964-0-60095600-1483215667.jpg

The chicken coop at back is rather small compared to Johns cattery!

Regards Shaun.

• Like 5

A very happy new year to all you Lunesters (and asylum seekers) from the Sasquatches.

The first of this years projects is to finish the barn. We're starting by installing a wood stove then we plan to insulate it by pulling off all the ply walls and ceiling to fill with fiber glass. I then have to empty all the junk from the back quarter and build a storage and spraying shop. There's also an office which needs doing out, a 60 amp supply to go in, some more wiring to do and a router table to build. Oh and finish painting the outside!

attachicon.gifBarn.JPG

The chicken coop at back is rather small compared to Johns cattery!

Regards Shaun.

Do you have a regular Bus Service from one end to the other mate?

• Like 1

Wow!

Thanks everyone, I feel flattered by your interest! My cattery may be big Shaun but your barn is enormous!!!

You wanted to see the cats?

29678397973_bd5001c17c_c.jpg

Well from L to R,

Peanut (b&w), Amber (Licking bowl) and Alexis (licking lips!) - they were just finishing bowls of tuna juice which they all absolutely love! If we ever have tuna pasta bake, the cats must get their treat too!

Peanut is just over three years old and we brought him back from Greece (fully inoculated, pet passport & documents!). We just fell head over heels in love with him and he really loves us! There is a little perspective here but he really is large, my good mate Les calls him "Chunk"!

Amber & Alexis are Bengal girls from the same litter, thirteen years old now although you'd hardly know it. We don't have children so these are our babies, they never go roaming as we live by a busy road, hence the cat pen!

Yes, the garden is quite large, well - long actually! Beyond the cat pen is another section of garden which houses this;

29189664450_3d94145c11_c.jpg

Please excuse the mess around it!

This is our "big shed" - 32' x 12' approximately. It used to house this layout "Leigh Moor & Randale Summit", built by my club, Leigh MRS,

21323089930_095f34b30e_c.jpg

21520289411_860a768527_c.jpg

On reflection, I think I was rather hasty in selling this layout but that was some six years ago now and what's done is done!

Cheers,

John.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I agree with the sentiment - GREAT to see you all ploughing in with different stuff.

And great to see the humour - you've made me chuckle several times today.

John, as a big cat lover - hence my avatar - I think your cats are wonderful. About time I got a couple to populate my house!

ALL THE VERY BEST FOR 2017 TO LUNESTERS EVERYWHERE!

And, outside the UK, we have them in Perth, Ontario, Western Canada, Oregon, Melbourne.....for starters.

Jeff

• Like 3

A lot has been achieved over the holiday period. Lots of work on Son of HA and on the workbench. It's been great to concentrate on the modelling for a change. 

A Happy and Prosperous 2017 to all Lunesters

• Like 2

I agree with the sentiment - GREAT to see you all ploughing in with different stuff.

And great to see the humour - you've made me chuckle several times today.

John, as a big cat lover - hence my avatar - I think your cats are wonderful. About time I got a couple to populate my house!

ALL THE VERY BEST FOR 2017 TO LUNESTERS EVERYWHERE!

And, outside the UK, we have them in Perth, Ontario, Western Canada, Oregon, Melbourne.....for starters.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, and the same from me to Lunesters everywhere.

We end the year with the Asylum doing what Jeff set the Lounge up for, so I'm going to propose a NAME CHANGE Jeff, to Lunester Lounge 2017

• Like 2

Happy New Year, everyone!

No fireworks of note in town here at NYE - that's on our East coast; Perth gets the *big* show on 26th Jan - Australia Day.

So instead, I can offer some natural fireworks: the last sunset for 2016.

post-8688-0-33136600-1483238444_thumb.jpg

:-)

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Do you have a regular Bus Service from one end to the other mate?

I'll need a ferry service if it keeps on raining!

Actually it's snowing hard right now. 2" already.

Edited. Another one of those ghost posts whereby the text vanished.

Edited by Sasquatch

John. Have you got any more pictures of that fantastic looking layout ("Leigh Moor & Randale Summit") please?

Regards Shaun

Thanks so much Shaun (& Mick DR!).

While it may sound sacrilegious to most of you, the layout simply didn't meet my needs!

Although the layout performed as good as it ever had done (being permanently set up), the hidden fiddle yard roads underneath the main scenic section, were a complete pain with too tight curves and deeply restricted access.

The main line was actually just a very long single track, folded over on itself to look like double track (& two loops at the upper end) - this meant that even on DCC, it took a lot of monitoring to run three or more trains together. With sufficient operators, it could easily handle six trains in motion!

I found the branch rather boring to operate but that was just me!

Finally, what attracted me to it in the first place was the apparent lack of "location" but actually it was very obviously British. I have a collection of trains from around the world, principally the USA and Germany/Austria and this layout didn't really look like either of those places so eventually, reluctantly, I let it go. At least I did get a decent price for it!

There followed a period of soul searching while I tried to settle which country did I want to concentrate on (and even, which scale!?!).

I've never heard back from the chap who bought it, all I know is that he was building an extension to his buildings, for it. I hope it got completed.

Cheers,

John.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year, everyone!

No fireworks of note in town here at NYE - that's on our East coast; Perth gets the *big* show on 26th Jan - Australia Day.

So instead, I can offer some natural fireworks: the last sunset for 2016.

attachicon.gifIMG_7293E.jpg

:-)

Yep, I do like that photo, Scott. No doubt you are sweltering in 35C+ temperatures at the moment?

Don't let Stockrington melt!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gif1991-02-02 H 777 Dent Head.JPG

Better late than never...

A Happy New Year to everyone... How do you do the big red letters????

Regards

Alan

Alan, is that a recent photo? Arten Gill, I presume? Very nice!

For large red letters, use the Size box at the top of the "Reply to this topic" box (next to Font) and click on the A to the right of the Size box to access the colour palette.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

O.K. Jeff, It's Quiz night.

I have what appears to be a Star to the South of us, it's very bright and looks an awful lot bigger than any others that I see, what is it please?

Andy, it's Venus.

The Moon is to the left of Venus and Mars is to upper left of the moon.

Jeff