Bachmann Cl 70

secretsquirrel

Excellent! Still not sure if I like it, but there's definitely room for one, or two, on my layout, presumably the release model will be 002, given 001 will be the Freightliner special, which will keep me happy if it is laugh.gif

cheers

jo

Martyn things are looking expensive enough with the forthcoming IIA/HYAs, without hoping they get shrunk too! Though I agree, very very nice, rather like the Thrall based wagons they are developing in both scales. Bachmann really seem to have taken a step up this last few months, from great to even better, which bodes well for the 70

cheers

jo

Ugly duckling or not I for one am glad that Bachmann are bringing this out

Cant wait to see one in the flesh once they end up working all over the country

a must for most modern modellers i would say

See B.mann have announced the production of the 'hit-with-the-ugly-stick' Freightliner Cl 70. Interesting.

Am really pleased that one of the "BIG 2" are making this model. The second tier suppliers have certainly not produced the best quality that some of the subjects deserved in recent times.

Has put me off buying models that I would probably have purchased without hesiation had Hornby or Bachmann put them ino the market. oh, well, perhaps one day we will see whistles and bells models released with reliability and detail enahanced over anything produced before. time marches on!

I'm guessing Freightliner are the instigators in this. Probably see it as a good PR exercise. They will have approached Bachmann (and possibly Hornby/Heljan too) with an order for a special edition with a license to build other models afterwards. Seems a good idea as Bachmann will no doubt get unfettered access to drawings and the locos themselves.

• RMweb Gold

Well maybe that Freightliner approached Bachmann they will do it a bit quicker who knows....

I'd expect them to manage it pretty quickly given they will have the support from both GE and Freightliner from the sounds of it. Should mean the research stage wont take that long, as finding drawings etc wont take forever.

Well,

Thats blown my theory out of the water! I was banking on Hornby being the one to do this, never mind.

At least we can be grateful that someone is doing the model, as long as it's at least as good as the 66. I'm sure that sales will be pretty strong whether or not people like the real thing, simply because it's a new British loco type.

I will take one, thats for sure.

Cheers,

John E.

Is that special edition a "stress model" ? rolleyes.gif

Ah yes... with special technology to allow it to assume a 6" radius curve . About 3mm scale and in need of some serious carving around the underframe area.

Only if you squeeze this one, it might bite your hand ! biggrin.gif

So there is a ltd edition, as well as a normal release? Me confused :blink: :blink: lol. I wonder what is going to actually happen.... can't wait to get my hands on one if they come out.....

It maybe Freightliner need stress locos for their drives to relieve the stress whilst driving the Orvils. What about, a 70 shaped bomb! We could blow up them! That would be stress-free! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived