Era

DCC

RRP

31-204

Patriot Class No. 5530 ‘Sir Frank Ree’ in LMS crimson livery. 1B shedcode

21PIN

£154.95

31-214

Patriot Class No. 45538 ‘Giggleswick’ in BR green with early emblem. 8A shedcode

21PIN

£154.95

32-115B

Class 08 diesel shunter No. 08818 in BR blue livery with wasp stripes (weathered)

7/8

8PIN

£99.95

32-119

Class 08 diesel shunter No. 08907 in DB Schenker livery

8PIN

£89.95

32-120

Class 08 diesel shunter No. 13287 in BR green with early emblem

8PIN

£89.95

32-227B

3F Class Jinty No. 7341 in LMS Black. 9A shedcode

8PIN

£84.95

32-235

3F Class Jinty No. 47673 in BR black with late crest (weathered). 6G shedcode

8PIN

£94.95

32-331

Class 25/1 No. 25043 in BR green with full yellow ends (weathered) with replacement blue panels

21PIN

£104.95

32-880

Fairburn tank No. 2278 in LMS black (weathered). 26A shedcode

8PIN

£124.95

32-881

Fairburn tank No. 42105 in BR lined black with early emblem (weathered). 75A shedcode

8PIN

£134.95

32-882

Fairburn tank No. 42062 in BR lined black with late crest. 2A shedcode

8PIN

£124.95

37-225H

16T steel mineral wagon in BR grey (weathered) livery No. B273878

4/5

-

£14.95

39-001

BR Mark 1 SK coach twin pack – Works Test Train in BR blue and grey weathered. No’s ADB 977060 + ADB 977057

7/8

-

£89.95

39-025G

BR Mark 1 SK coach in BR blue and grey No. E25898

6/7

-

£38.95

39-026J

BR Mark 1 SK coach in BR maroon No. E24945

-

£38.95

39-050G

BR Mark 1 SO coach in BR blue and grey No. E5057

6/7

-

£38.95

39-051J

BR Mark 1 SO coach in BR maroon No. E4059

-

£38.95

39-053F

BR Mark 1 SO coach in BR (SR) green No. S3848

-

£38.95

39-150D

BR Mark 1 FK coach in BR blue and grey No. E13241

6/7

-

£38.95

39-151F

BR Mark 1 FK coach in BR maroon No. E13103

-

£38.95

39-153D

BR Mark 1 FK coach in BR SR green No. S13006

-

£38.95

Still no Mk2 Aircons. The forum has gone a bit quiet on this - it's a subject that I have only recently developed an interest in - can other members bring me up to speed?

Long delayed ... think they have the CAD drawings done and were starting tooling recently

• RMweb Premium

Just looked at my most recent Bachmann Mk1 TSO in Blue/Grey and it has B4 bogies...

Coming back to the list of releases, the same list has been published on MREMag today saying they have been released from the factory in China in November, which is not quite the same as incoming in November. However. some are already here (e.g. 25043) yet others showing as a Jan/Feb release on the Bachmann website. So are some being shipped by air freight or is the list provided by the factory somewhat inaccurate I wonder?

Do the latest Mk1 coaches have smoother roofs, without the over-heavy banding the originals came with?

I seem to remember some releases have less prominent joints or did I just make that up??

Someone correct me if I am wrong but my recollection is all the mk1 releases - up to whichever was first released from the met-camm Pullman cars / GUV / RMB - had the excessive ribs; everything released thereafter properly flush.

But I have recently been told that the formerly ribbed roof vehicles have been revised to flush roofs in the latest release, as this pic off Hattons site would seem to confirm. http://www.ehattons.com/60775/Bachmann_Branchline_39_126G_BR_Mk1_CK_Composite_Corridor_Maroon_Weathered/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Gold

Intriguing shedcodes....6A Llandudno Junction Jinty, 9A Stockport Jinty and 26A Newton Heath Fairburn 2-6-4T.

Pardon my intrusion,Coach but was not 6A Chester and 9A Longsight ? Or have I got the wrong period here because shedcodes changed quite a bit in the final years of steam .I know Llandudno Junction ended its days as 6G.

Pardon my intrusion,Coach but was not 6A Chester and 9A Longsight ? Or have I got the wrong period here because shedcodes changed quite a bit in the final years of steam .I know Llandudno Junction ended its days as 6G.

Flippin typo Ian...6G not 6A, and you are correct about 9A being Longsight. 6G Llandudno Junction is probably a first on a RTR loco.

Several years ago I bought a Bachmann Jinty with the intention of converting it to one of Longsight's stud. I made a pigs ear of removing the chimney, damaging the smokebox in the process. It's still in the box, damaged!

The idea was to reproduce the transfer freight that ran early most days (SaSuX) from Longsight north sidings to Stockport. It then spent the rest of the day shunting at Stockport.

To make an accurate model the Bachmann will require the Brassmasters chimney and splashers.

Regards

No mention of this little beauty that ive just picked up from haslington models

Wasn't expecting to see it until the middle of december so it was a nice surprise to get it today

Information from Bachmann Europe Plc

The reason that the Colas Class 37/4 does not appear on the list earlier in this thread is because appeared in the listing issued in October and has now been released.

Bachmann BRANCHLINE OO  SCALE

Cat. No

Description

Era

DCC

RRP

31-528A

A2 Class No. 60529 ‘Pearl Diver’ in BR green livery with late crest. 64A shed code

21PIN

£169.95

32-289

Class 37/4 No. 37421 in Colas Rail livery

21PIN

£119.95

The DRS 37/4 appeared in the September listing

Bachmann BRANCHLINE OO  SCALE

Cat. No

Description

Era

DCC

RRP

31-088

3200 Earl Class 4-4-0 No. 9028 in BR black livery with early emblem

21PIN

£139.95

31-531

A2 Class 4-6-2 No. 60536 ‘Trimbush’ in BR green with early emblem . 64B Shedcode

21PIN

£169.95

31-679

Class 85 No. E3095 in BR electric blue with small yellow panel and white roofs

21PIN

£139.95

32-370

Class 37 /4 No. 37405 in DRS Compass Livery

21PIN

£119.95

Please note that these lists refer to review samples or exhibition display items which have been manufactured, air freighted in advance of the main shipment and all listed items have physically sat on the PR Manager’s desk for recording. These lists have been supplied to MREMAG and Ramsay’s British Model Train Catalogue in addition to the magazine reviewers for many years and in addition to locomotives includes coaches and wagons.

The items are sent at the point where the containers are being loaded and before shipping has begun. This is why there is a time lapse of between items appearing on the list and our dealer network.

The lists are compiled once a month and we have agreed with Andy York that they will appear on RM Web in future. You will recall the debate that took place in the Bachmann Delays...will products ever arrive? and the efforts we went to anaylise all the products delivered over the past 10 years which were previously published.

There is plenty of products arriving and news of them will be found here in future and on the Bachmann website at www.Bachmann.co.uk  in the products section.

Dennis Lovett

Public Relations Manager

Bachmann Europe Plc

• RMweb Gold

I must have missed the october list

EDIT: read the whole of the above thread, there was no october list posted!

anyway it was nice to almost hark back to 'the good old days' of walking into my local model shop and coming out with something i wasnt expecting, didnt see anything on here about them arriving, the shop owner hadn't emailed or rung me either, just a nice surprise, even more so as i'd driven the real thing for the first time earlier in the week!!

I wonder what the deciding factor is in fitting steam-outline locos with either 6, 8 or 21 pin plugs?

8 Pin was used initially principally for steam locomotives for which there was no sound or lighting requirements.

21 Pin was adopted for those locomotives for which provision was made for operating lights or sound either now or in the future.

6 Pin is used primarily in very small locomotives with little space. A few years ago DCC provision would not have been possible in such locomotives but as 6 Pin was initially developed for use in N scale locomotives it is ideal for those locomotives which do not have enough space to accommodate 8 Pin or 21 Pin versions.

Dennis Lovett

Public Relations Manager

Bachmann Europe Plc

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Bachmann Class 25 25043. Lovely model, looks like new tooling - the roof fan is a separate part, not moulded as my recollection of previous 25s. But then, they were Hornby, I suppose... I digress.

Running in, it was a bit lumpy and close inspection revealed patchy pickup from the number 1 end bogie. Together with David from Model Junction (great shop, great people. Did I say? Yes, John, you did. Get on with it) we identified that the pickups were not very well tensioned but despite correcting it the problem persisted, which, by process of elimination, identifies the PCB as the problem.

In recent months, I have had a Hornby 50 with self-destructing radiator louvres (and anecdotally I know that I am not the only owner of such a feature) which looks like an over-engineering issue - that, or non-adhesive glue used in assembly.*

Are these QC issues? To what extent, I wonder, are models tested before being packaged? To be fair, putting 25043 on a bit of analogue-controlled track probably would not have revealed the dodgy PCB, and it was only in removing the Class 50 body to install a decoder that exposed the radiator louvres, which had had a few months' transit on the high seas to become brittle.

Two different manufacturers as well, of course.

Any thoughts?

*non-adhesive glue, which protects the customer I suppose in the same way as the adult-proof tops on Humbrol weathering washes.

Are these QC issues? To what extent, I wonder, are models tested before being packaged? To be fair, putting 25043 on a bit of analogue-controlled track probably would not have revealed the dodgy PCB, and it was only in removing the Class 50 body to install a decoder that exposed the radiator louvres, which had had a few months' transit on the high seas to become brittle.

Two different manufacturers as well, of course.

Any thoughts?

*non-adhesive glue, which protects the customer I suppose in the same way as the adult-proof tops on Humbrol weathering washes.

I can't speak for nowadays but having mentioned this before nobody to my knowledge has said much to the opposite.

30 or so years ago around the time Mainline came to the fore, I was contracting at Palitoy's main warehouse. I watched as a 40 ft container of small Star Wars figures was unloaded. All done by hand, no pallets in the container, they take up space for products.

Someone from their QC department was observing and every so often asked to be passed a box (about a dozen) of the figures, which they proceeded to open and inspect. Having randomly checked 3 boxes of the figures and found them satisfactory, the entire container full was passed as satisfactory. Talking to them later it turned out that was the standard QC check, about 3 dozen from many thousands. They also said that a return rate of up to 10% was perfectly acceptable.

• RMweb Premium

I am equally delighted with my colas 37 pictures on hattons don't do it justice. Wonder if you can get an optional driver which looks like big Jim. The supplied driver looks like more of a medium build Jim!

Yes you can....

Big Jim 3D model

Cheers,

Mick

Archived