Bachmann Class 40 to be re-tooled

warringtonbankquay

Good news indeed. The Bachmann 40 has a very good mechanism but is let down by a poor body and looks nothing like a 40 to me. I have only ever bought two, and one or both were going to donate their chassis to Lima bodies. Instead, if Bachmann get it right this time, my six Lima 40s (all very much improved from as-bought condition) will be replaced, probably with a few more on top of that.

Wouldn't have anything to do with an upcoming release in the Railroad range, would it? rolleyes.gif

Why would it, and what if it did? As with the BP, we'll never know for certain but my own judgment of the timescales would suggest this has been on the cards a while

The trouble sometimes is that a re-tooling can lead to other errors coming up.

Balance of probability is that any 'new' errors will be outweighed by the existing ones being addressed. Taking their 37 and 47 as a yardstick, Barwell have a good track record of progressive improvement

Great news!

I'm trying to think what variations there have been over the years in order to determine the eventual tooling and different moulds for different eras.

Clearly, there are the nose differences; centre headcode box (rounded and not rounded off), disc headcode and split box. Those earlier ones with access ladders on the front could be an accessory rather than a mould. I don't recall there being many bodyside differences but I stand to be corrected.

Alex

I'm trying to think what variations there have been over the years in order to determine the eventual tooling and different moulds for different eras.

. I don't recall there being many bodyside differences but I stand to be corrected.

Not so much bodyside, but there are differences in roof panel arrangements which the current models dont reflect

FAN-FUNKING-TASTIC NEWS !!!

That's the last Waverley gap plugged, and my Italian nine will be progressively phased out, hopefully without recourse to the Railroad chassis, depending how long it takes Barwell to bring these to market, that is.

Archived