Coastal DCC

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Heads up for a hearty hoorah for Coastal DCC :yes:.

Based in Ipswich I cannot recommend this Company highly enough for friendly help and super service.

They also now have their own sound for most of your DCC diesels.

I have no business link with this Company other than being a very satisfied customer.:drinks:

P @ 36E

• RMweb Gold

I haven't bought anything yet as I'm still working through the projects I've previously purchased decoders for but I have seen (and chatted to) them at a couple of recent local exhibitions. Very friendly helpful people.

Tony

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Since my last post I have purchased items from them.

One of the latest purchases, a TCS 21 pin decoder, failed after programming and was replaced by return of post.

Excellent service.

Tony

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just received a delivery of a dozen Tortoise point motors from Coastal DCC - excellent service and price! It's not just DCC stuff he supplies.

No connection - satisfied customer etc, etc.

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love these guys, the service is excellent,  sound projects and re-blows are simply amazing price and value, I recommend then heartily

No connection blah blah just a VERY satisfied costumer!

Sean

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I contacted Kevin at Coastal DCC about a week ago to get a Zimo sound decoder with a plux22 connector (not easy to find over here as these are really only found in Continental European modeld at present) . It didnt appear to be showing as in stock on Coastals website  but he got hold of one, paid for and downloaded the correct Czech sound and had the decoder waiting for me at the Biggleswade show.

Excellent service as usual.

I would like to endorse the previous comments. kevin's prices on Zimo decoders are damn good. He has also fitted sound to my Hornby Black 5 and done a decoder fit on a Bachmann split chassis.

He is also generous with advice and help - thoroughly recommend Coastal DCC. Anything from wire, decoders to NCE hardware -great prices and first class customer service.

Bob Hughes

Edited by bob hughes60

• 2 months later...

A business that goes the extra mile.......

My NCE powercab suffered a partial burn out caused by my own negligence whilst at the recent Derby show.

With no back up and at the time no idea what was wrong I approached Kevin at their trade stand.

Not only did he strip down the handset and diagnose the fault, he also loaned me a replacement for the duration of the show.

I will be buying a replacement from them in the near future as funds allow, but in the mean time the least I can do is praise him for his assistance and advice. Thank you ,

Paul Rolley.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Said it before, but just re-affirmed. Bloody good customer service and aftercare. Chip fault after replacing motor on my favourite loco, gave him whole loco at DEMU to diagnose, loco returned within hours, chip delivered back here a couple of weeks later. All working and sounding as good as it was previous. Excellent.

Mike

Completely agree Mike. I have just purchased an NCE Powercab and the extra slave controller. Nick explained the system thoroughly to me and suggested this as the best system for starting up in DCC due to nothing being wasted as you expand. He also advised me to go for TCS chips as they had a Pillock-proof garauntee (and here's me writing a good review! The Cheek!) In all honesty this was much appreciated advice and as Nick said, "You don't want to let the smoke out of £80 worth of sound chip".

Excellent chaps. Excellent service.

Andy.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've used Coastal DCC for nearly a year now and have always received excellent service, I even phoned up with a query and was talked through how to reset a chip to it's default settings which cured a long standing issue with one of my favorite locos.

Thanks Coastal DCC for a great service.

Simon

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Another large hussar for Kevin and Co. Emailed last week with a question about Peco crossings and using juicers. Had a reply the same afternoon; very helpful indeed.

Phoned yesterday and following further confirmation that I was looking at using the correct items I purchased a couple of Hex Juicers and an NCE Circuit Breaker Block + some On/On switches.

This firm got my business because of their excellent customer service and they had me on their database from 2011!

I know some folk think Juicers are an expensive 'waste of time' and I could have made a CB from some car bulbs, however I like simple things as I am but a simple bloke. My theory is, sell a couple of loco's I don't need and purchase stuff that saves me hours of bl**dy soldering.

Oh yes, congrats Coastal for yet another damn fine business transaction. Usual disclaimers.

Phil 

• Like 4