Wycrail '11 - High Wycombe - Saturday 5th November

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

The 38th annual model railway exhibition organised by the High Wycombe and District Model Railway Society, on Saturday 5th November is being held at:

John Hampden Grammar School

Marlow Hill

High Wycombe

Bucks HP11 1SZ

Open 10am till 5pm

This year we welcome Catcott Burtle from the Chris Nevard stable, Aberdeen and Kirkhilll familar to readers of this stie along with over 20 other high quality and inspirational model railway layouts. Layouts include a mix of British, continental and North American outline and in a wide range of scales and gauges including Z, N, 3mm, 00, H0, EM, P4, 0 and narrow gauges.

Layouts exhibiting are: :

Ballyconnel Road

Catcott Burtle

West Tilgate

Portskerra

Norrth Bridge

Shanklin South

Dudley Junction

Little Binfield

Aberdeen Kirkhill

Flintcombe

Elm park

Mallin Parva

NIne Mills

Wansbeck Road

Ingleton Sidings

Llangenydd

Somewhere in France

C F de Reve

Turtle Creek Central

Hamilton

Round House

Full trade support will be present ranging from tools, kits, electronic components, R-T-R models to books and also includes the Hornby Hobbies roadshow.

A free vintage bus service is once again being operated from the Railway Station and Town Centre to John Hampden Grammar School. The bus service will depart from Wycombe Railway Station on the hour between 10:00 and 16:00. Return journeys will depart John Hampden Grammar School every hour between 10:30 and 15:30 with the final two journeys departing at 16:25 and 17:05 immediately after the show closes.

• RMweb Gold

took in a DCC fitting job last night (split chassis J39), turns out the chap comes from High Wycombe. He'd never heard of Wycrail although he had been to the Princes Risborough show in the past. I of course put him right and will make sure he attends on the 5th otherwise he won't get his loco back :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Having just attended an HWDMRS Committee Meeting, I'm pleased to announce, particularly for the benefit on Mr Nevard, Cap'n Kernow and Andy Y (if coming to see us this year), that the production plan for the 'Cake Manufacturing Team' has been significantly extended, as a result of the supply shortfall experienced last year.

It was also reported that there will be an increase in the proportion of 'cup cakes' - I really don't see why we can't call them 'fairy cakes' anymore!

WYCRAIL '11 - SATURDAY 5TH NOVEMBER - WE MAY NOT HAVE FIREWORKS, BUT I'M SURE THE SHOW WILL GO OF WITH A BANG!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

With the planned line-up I must admit I'm tempted to come along, although if I do it'll be by train from my neck of the woods. I've seen enough of the M25 to last a lifetime!

Is there a universal RMweb recognition signal at these events or do we just look for those with bleary eyes from spending too long in front of their PC? :P

With the planned line-up I must admit I'm tempted to come along, although if I do it'll be by train from my neck of the woods. I've seen enough of the M25 to last a lifetime!

Is there a universal RMweb recognition signal at these events or do we just look for those with bleary eyes from spending too long in front of their PC? :P

Extra large index finger from tapping on a keyboard too much :drag:

• RMweb Gold

Some of us include our picture in our avatar (yes, I really am there :sungum: )

Having just attended an HWDMRS Committee Meeting, I'm pleased to announce, particularly for the benefit on Mr Nevard, Cap'n Kernow and Andy Y (if coming to see us this year), that the production plan for the 'Cake Manufacturing Team' has been significantly extended, as a result of the supply shortfall experienced last year.

It was also reported that there will be an increase in the proportion of 'cup cakes' - I really don't see why we can't call them 'fairy cakes' anymore!

WYCRAIL '11 - SATURDAY 5TH NOVEMBER - WE MAY NOT HAVE FIREWORKS, BUT I'M SURE THE SHOW WILL GO OF WITH A BANG!!

I demand the return of the chocolate flapjacks from last year, if given the chance I will buy at least one [/wishlist]

I demand the return of the chocolate flapjacks from last year, if given the chance I will buy at least one [/wishlist]

Hi,

Well, my mother is the public catering manager for the show, so I'll have a talk and see what I can do! :sungum:

Also, I will be bringing along my 2011 Challenge Diorama, Roads A-C, as well as a small display about Aylesbury Depot

Only 3 weeks to go!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm...not sure I'd recognise you from your avatar Mike, unless you can shape-shift into a steam loco... ;)

I wonder if this is any better (near Coates 16.05.87 - after two of us had spent the night chucking out the fire so the boilersmith could get in to do a couple of leaking tubes then getting up to working pressure from an empty firebox and about 50lbs on the clock in excessively quick time). The pic is courtesy of Tom Clift

post-6859-0-53672000-1318697333_thumb.jpg

That was before climbed out of the cab and did a James Bond inspired stunt swinging along the side of the boiler to then sit on one of the buffers for the next 20 miles.... only kidding of course!

Looking forward to the show, the train set is all set up in the spare room in prep' mainly to repair one of the brass signals that the cat chewed the top off! It would happen to be a LSWR lattice post as well - GGGrrrr :cray_mini:

WYCRAIL '11

The final planning meeting for Wycrail '11 has taken place this evening and I am pleased to let all potential visitors know that we think that we have everything covered - especially the Cake Supply!!

Here are some details if you are planning to come to this year's show and if you have not yet decided to visit us, then maybe these details will help you to make your mind up - you will be very welcome.

Our Exhibition Manager has excelled himself this year with a superb selection of layouts and some really excellent traders.

Our Catering Manager, the mother of St Simon (of this manor), is well prepared for the day. With her excellent team of club member's wives & friends, she will be providing our usual offering of refreshments, including sandwiches and primarily, CAKES!!!!

So if you wish to see Chris Nevard's Catcott Burtle, Aberdeen Kirkhill and many more excellent layouts, you need to be in High Wycombe on Saturday 5th November.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT "WYCRAIL '11"

I will be dropping by in the morning. Is there a stand for the club hosting the event? I'd quite like to chat to a club member about what the club's like and perhaps joining up.

Hi There

Yes, we do have a club stand and we are always delighted to talk with anyone who is interested both in the hobby and, of course, in joining the club. I've seen from another of your posts that you are aware of Graham Muz, our Southern expert and I'm sure that if your wish to PM either him or me, we'll gladly give you more details of the club. You may even wish to come along before November 5th, if you're available.

Best Wishes and we look forward to hearing from you.

Please remember to purchase a Show Guide from me on your way in. :D

Nigel.

Glad to know you'll be with us again Nigel - your name is already on the roster - the Exhibition Manager tells that you are starting 7.00 am and working through to 20.00 - what a star!!

Archived