ABS Models current address

Fat Controller

Does anyone have a current address for ABS? I sent off an order a few weeks ago to the usual one (39 Napier Road, Hamworthy), but have heard nothing- when I've ordered stuff before, it's normally arrived within a week. I subsequently saw a different address on Bernard Taylor's chronology of British cars, so wonder if there has been a change.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Does anyone have a current address for ABS? I sent off an order a few weeks ago to the usual one (39 Napier Road, Hamworthy), but have heard nothing- when I've ordered stuff before, it's normally arrived within a week. I subsequently saw a different address on Bernard Taylor's chronology of British cars, so wonder if there has been a change.

Did you ever get your order Brian as I need some bits off then now.

• 4 months later...

Hi Brian W,

I want to order some ABS kits, but Adrian isn't answering his phone, so I thought I'd send him an email. Could you let me have his email address please - it's not on the trader details.

Thanks

Richard

Sorry, Richard; the E-mail was on our old computer, some E-mails from which were lost during the transfer to the new one.

Brian

Hi Brian W,

I want to order some ABS kits, but Adrian isn't answering his phone, so I thought I'd send him an email. Could you let me have his email address please - it's not on the trader details.

Thanks

Richard

He was in Manchester with a trade stand at Festival of Model Tramways over the weekend which would explain why he didn't answer the phone!

Try again later today/tomorrow when he should be home...

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

What kind of stuff do ABS now produce?

I did see on Jim Wright Smith's posting on his model vehicles thread a Ford Transit Mk3 / Dormobile bread van (commonly converted by the Caryle works into 16 seat minibuses for the NBC in 1985-1986.

Back in the late 1980s / early 1990s there was a range of bus kit, mainly inherited from Westwood and later on The Model Bus Company.

It would be interesting to know if any of these kits are still available.

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Does anybody know if ABS are still trading?

I got sent a catalogue by Adrian back in July and posted off an order by return but as yet have not heard anything (the cheque has not been cashed either).

If anybody has any news I would be most grateful, I do hope Adrian is OK!

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

He was at ExpoNG at Swanley last month with an excellent array of stock. But please bear in mind that he is very much a one-man-band with many strings and ranges to his bow, hence responses may sometimes back up.

Oh that is good news!

I'll be a good boy and wait patiently then.  (After all nobody else has LSWR axle boxes in production...  yet ;)).

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Unless Adrian has stopped answering the phone, I have never had difficulty in contacting him that way - unless he's out, of course.

His phone number is given via the link in Post 2 of this thread.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

He was at ExpoNG at Swanley last month with an excellent array of stock. But please bear in mind that he is very much a one-man-band with many strings and ranges to his bow, hence responses may sometimes back up.

I also overheard him at a recent show saying that he intended to retire in about three years, so there's still plenty of time for your orders not to get through!

Adrian is still going, I only spoke to him on Tuesday on the phone.  He is however very busy fulfilling back orders.  Manufacturing was disrupted due to major civil engineering works and he is getting over a very nasty cold.  just bear with him, I'm sure he will get to your order soon.

Loconuts

Archived