Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

The cheque bounced.

You having fun there, Rob?

Looking forward to some of your image wizardry using the viaduct! If it's not possible, no probs!!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ohhh! The same shot as #7602 with the loco coming onto the viaduct after emerging from the tunnel. Could it be returning light-engine after banking duties? Ta very much.

Edited by Rowsley17D

• RMweb Premium

Ohhh! The same shot as #7602 with the loco coming onto the viaduct after emerging from the tunnel. Could it be returning light-engine after banking duties? Ta very much.

Here you are, Jonathan. Take your pick!

post-13778-0-38611900-1374836515_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-92426700-1374836519_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-09216500-1374836524_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-91694900-1374836528_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

There's a limited depth of focus due to the lighting. Here's another 3 pics, slightly different, which you might prefer:

post-13778-0-97673300-1374837062_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-69627900-1374837066_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-24360800-1374837071_thumb.jpg

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

It's lost its brakevan :O

I KNEW someone would comment on that! No readily available brakevan - so the engine driver took a packet of Kit Kats....think about it!!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Jeff, stop playing trains and get on with some modelling. Seriously though, just think what it will look like with background scenics and some green g***s on those hills, mmmmm... lovely...

Hi Jeff,

The ballasting is looking great, really like those points. Std 4s are another favourite class of mine 75027 was an S&D loco for some time. In the pictures of the loco I have seen it's a job to tell it's Green as it's so dirty. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

I KNEW someone would comment on that! No readily available brakevan - so the engine driver took a packet of Kit Kats....think about it!!

Jeff

School Report

Must try harder :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

I've been in the bunker for the last hour or so, completing the "top-up" on the pair of turnouts and adding a shoulder to a curved section of track.

Just to cheer Andy up, here's the chaos that's left overnight before vacuuming up tomorrow (and I hope it looks ok at the end!!):

attachicon.gif100_3766.JPG

attachicon.gif100_3768.JPG

Jeff

Worrying, VERY VERY WORRYING

Bodgit

I've been in the bunker for the last hour or so, completing the "top-up" on the pair of turnouts and adding a shoulder to a curved section of track.

Just to cheer Andy up, here's the chaos that's left overnight before vacuuming up tomorrow (and I hope it looks ok at the end!!):

attachicon.gif100_3766.JPG

attachicon.gif100_3768.JPG

Jeff

Forget WORRYING, What are you doing next Friday?

Really Really nice mate,

THANKS,

Bodgit

Edited by Andrew P

At risk of boring the pants off you, here's a pic of the ballasted viaduct (needs a bit of a top weathering) and the pair of turnouts after their second coating of ballast...

attachicon.gif100_3773.JPG

attachicon.gif100_3774.JPG

Just having some breakfast then I'll be ballasting again.

Jeff

Edit: Scott - I've even dirtied the check rails again!

That is excellent mate, it just looks so right, well done.

Bodgit

Jeff, stop playing trains and get on with some modelling. Seriously though, just think what it will look like with background scenics and some green g***s on those hills, mmmmm... lovely...

Agh yes the GRASS, I had forgotten about the GRASS or LACK OF IT. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodgit AGAIN :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

If say a coupling had parted the driver might not notice until one of signalmen stopped him. Now what was the bell code for train parted in section?

Don

• RMweb Premium

Well I would have thought that the driver would know as he would have lost the vacuum!

Now Jeff you need to address that bit of 4x2 on the far side of the viaduct, it sticks out like a sore thumb!

Andy g

• RMweb Premium

Well I would have thought that the driver would know as he would have lost the vacuum!

Now Jeff you need to address that bit of 4x2 on the far side of the viaduct, it sticks out like a sore thumb!

Andy g

Very true - except I hadn't noticed it was there! Thanks Andy. When I get chance I'll manufacture a "slip in" embankment and hopefully fit it behind the viaduct.

I'll probably forget - so please keep an eye on things.... if I haven't done it in a month or so, have a niggle!

Jeff

• Like 1

Andy g

GRASS, that's what he needs Andy :O  GRASS, GRASS, GRASS :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodg :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Wheres that Jeff gone? he must be playing trains, :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile:

or laying grass :no: :no:

Bodg :sungum:

Hi Andy.

I HAVE been in the bunker, but I've been doing a bit more ballasting. I've also made an alteration or two to the cutting work I did last week. I'll show what I've done when it's completed.

Thanks for the email. Amazing what a good photographer can do to turn a very good layout into a great-looking one. T looks superb!

Jeff