Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

You will need Debs and her collies to collect all the sheep.

Don

I'm going to need somebody to collect them! Being realistic, I think 300 sheep is about right. Lune Fell has around a 5.5m length x 0.3m height that's habitable to sheep. that makes

16500cm2 for the sheep, or around 55cm2 per sheep. So, on average, if spread randomly, they'd be between 7cm and 8cm apart. I don't think that's too lonely!

Sorry, I just felt the urge to prattle with numbers.

Part of Lune Fell has been painted brown. Pictures later.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Is your subtitle a Skids reference? In which case will your next layout be HO European outline entitled "Days in Europa" or US outline "working for the yankee dollar" or even GWR "The Saints are coming"

They did record for Virgin Records so perhaps just a move to modern image.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm going to need somebody to collect them! Being realistic, I think 300 sheep is about right. Lune Fell has around a 5.5m length x 0.3m height that's habitable to sheep. that makes

16500cm2 for the sheep, or around 55cm2 per sheep. So, on average, if spread randomly, they'd be between 7cm and 8cm apart. I don't think that's too lonely!

Jeff

But you aren't going to spread them randomly are you? They will all be hiding behind walls and covering scnic gaps won't they??

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Is your subtitle a Skids reference? In which case will your next layout be HO European outline entitled "Days in Europa" or US outline "working for the yankee dollar" or even GWR "The Saints are coming"

They did record for Virgin Records so perhaps just a move to modern image.

At last - someone recognises the potential Skids link..... you been playing Charades recently.

Shows your age Colin!

Jeff

• Like 1

Jeff

You and your numbers I would just grab a handful and throw them on a bit of GRASS and if it looks about right the stick em down, thats the Bodgit way :yahoo_mini: :yahoo_mini:

O.K. so you are saying that YOU have painted some of the hill BROWN :dance_mini: AT BLO** last, but which brown did you go for the Coffee, or the chocolate Bourbons? :music_mini2: :music_mini2: :music_mini2: :music_mini2:

Bodgit does it his way :mad_mini: :mad_mini:

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

BTW Jeff are you still up for more scans? I've done another 300 odd this week, and there are a couple of Midland railway related ones in there.

Also you need to have a look at the 'new 4mm bufferstops new thread here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68948-new-4mm-bufferstops-new/ as you may want some for the yard!

Andy G

• RMweb Gold

That gives you over 80000 sq yards nearly 20 Acres. I think 300 is on the high side. Any sheep farmers on here. No I am not going through all my photos trying to count sheep. zzzzz.....

Don

• RMweb Premium

Update..... Since you LOVE my photos of Lune Fell, here it is as you've never seen it before - with a bit of colour on top!

I've added another fascia section and the gaps in the first 2 pics have now been mod-rocced and some plaster put on about two-thirds of it.

So, here you go:

post-13778-0-34799400-1363462582_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-04336300-1363462589_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-14346200-1363462596_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

BTW Jeff are you still up for more scans? I've done another 300 odd this week, and there are a couple of Midland railway related ones in there.

Also you need to have a look at the 'new 4mm bufferstops new thread here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68948-new-4mm-bufferstops-new/ as you may want some for the yard!

Andy G

I'm always happy to accept whatever you send me, Andy. I have looked through all the stuff you've previously sent and it's all useful - and readily accessed reference material.

So please go ahead and forward some more. Will look at the buffer-stops link, too.....

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Andy - no subtlety in my colour choice. I went to B&Q, looked through the colour mixing cards, selected a darkish-brown matt emulsion and got the lady to mix me up 2 sample tins.

I spent ages worrying about the base colour on the last layout. By the end, 99% of the base was covered in g****, walling, shrubs etc, so it didn't really matter.

It's a bit more pleasant working in the bunker now that the glare factor has reduced!  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Wow, what a change having some chocolate spoldged on top makes! Theres some lovey rain effected gulleys etc in the land form, so should give a really convincing fell. I also like the lighting, the sunlight breaking through the clouds, is very pleasant....

I bet the Lass at B&Q was wondering why this bloke in a Mankini was wanting to paint his house in brown paint.... ;-}

When I've named the new files, I'll send some over, or if you want you can have the whole lot on dvd? It's just over one dvd to the mid point of Feb, so give it another couple of months and it will fill two dvds completely! Having offsite backups is also useful!

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

It reminds me of that magic topping you used to be able to get for ice cream in the 80's. It sort of poured onto the ice-cream and then went rock hard.

Moi, reopen mankinigate, with my reputation?

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Wow, what a change having some chocolate spoldged on top makes! Theres some lovey rain effected gulleys etc in the land form, so should give a really convincing fell. I also like the lighting, the sunlight breaking through the clouds, is very pleasant....

I bet the Lass at B&Q was wondering why this bloke in a Mankini was wanting to paint his house in brown paint.... ;-}

When I've named the new files, I'll send some over, or if you want you can have the whole lot on dvd? It's just over one dvd to the mid point of Feb, so give it another couple of months and it will fill two dvds completely! Having offsite backups is also useful!

Andy G

Thanks for the dvd offer. I may as well wait and you can send them when it's convenient.

I don't care for brown, bou it seals the plaster and it's easier to look at!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

It's COCOA  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.  Love COCOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

You and your numbers I would just grab a handful and throw them on a bit of GRASS and if it looks about right the stick em down, thats the Bodgit way :yahoo_mini: :yahoo_mini:

O.K. so you are saying that YOU have painted some of the hill BROWN :dance_mini: AT BLO** last, but which brown did you go for the Coffee, or the chocolate Bourbons? :music_mini2: :music_mini2: :music_mini2: :music_mini2:

Bodgit does it his way :mad_mini: :mad_mini:

On the other hand, I'd place every sheep, ewe, lamb, ram in a precise position, relative to each other in groups, or individually, making sure each one was balanced with the next and then all balanced with all the other stuff around them - just like you do, Andy, though you just do it a whole lot quicker.

Fussy Precision Lune

Update..... Since you LOVE my photos of Lune Fell, here it is as you've never seen it before - with a bit of colour on top!

I've added another fascia section and the gaps in the first 2 pics have now been mod-rocced and some plaster put on about two-thirds of it.

So, here you go:

attachicon.gif100_2847.JPG

attachicon.gif100_2848.JPG

attachicon.gif100_2851.JPG

Jeff

Hi Jeff, That is really great, as I said in a previous post (you probably have it indexed somewhere as I was sensible that day) once you add colour, all the contours start to show up, and by golly gum drops you do have some very good shapes appearing up there on Lune Fell.

Brilliant stuff Me Lordrship. :maninlove: :maninlove: :maninlove:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, That is really great, as I said in a previous post (you probably have it indexed somewhere as I was sensible that day) once you add colour, all the contours start to show up, and by golly gum drops you do have some very good shapes appearing up there on Lune Fell.

Brilliant stuff Me Lordrship. :maninlove: :maninlove: :maninlove:

Cheers Andy. I hope the sheep like them when placed upon high. When I look at the size of it I keep thinking.... bl**dy miles of stonewalling!! I'd better start making some soon - if only to sort out a workable technique!

Jeff

Cheers Andy. I hope the sheep like them when placed upon high. When I look at the size of it I keep thinking.... bl**dy miles of stonewalling!! I'd better start making some soon - if only to sort out a workable technique!

Jeff

How about a HOLOGRAM?

Back to being stupid again I see

Tigdob :haha: :haha: :haha:

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

Just to get you started, Jeff...

http://www.dry-stone.co.uk/Pages/Standards/Dry_Stone_Walling_Standards.html

Technini Lune

PS - ..... I'm sure you can adapt the principles for KL :sungum:

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Premium

How about a HOLOGRAM?

Back to being stupid again I see

Tigdob :haha: :haha: :haha:

So I see.....it's just your character!

Anyway, I'm out of plaster and mod-roc again - and I said I'd give up on the plaster today. Which means....

Tomorrow is Play Day in the bunker!!!  xD  xD  :jester:  :jester:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Just to get you started, Jeff...

http://www.dry-stone.co.uk/Pages/Standards/Dry_Stone_Walling_Standards.html

Technini Lune

Blimey Polly.... You need to forward this to Bodgit. Working at 12" to the foot scale, he'll find it useful for his new G-scale project.

I DO need to study how the walls were built and I need to get some DAS - which I've never used before - and start playing with it.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Do you want some Jeff? I can provide just short of half a kilo if you want?

Andy g

(Of das type stuff!)

Thanks Andy, but postage would be prohibitive. I'll nip into Hobbycraft when I come back from my dad's and get a pack. I may be asking you for advice, though.

Btw, probably off to dad's on Wednesday - weather allowing. He hasn't got an internet connection but I'll keep in the groove via my phone. The Bodgit comedy show ought to be on prime-time TV!

Jeff

It's COCOA  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.  Love COCOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

On the other hand, I'd place every sheep, ewe, lamb, ram in a precise position, relative to each other in groups, or individually, making sure each one was balanced with the next and then all balanced with all the other stuff around them - just like you do, Andy, though you just do it a whole lot quicker.

Fussy Precision Lune

Polly

It sounds like you're trying to get Jeff to build pyramids with sheep instead of people :jester:  :jester: :jester:  

Duncan