Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

I've been trying for days to think of something that might scare you away. Now I seem to have succeeded! Yippee!!

Anyway, I'm off to my bunker sauna - it's time to get plastered.

Catch you later!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff, please.

I've still got to eat. You should have waited until after the watershed.

Duncan

I thought he wasn't going <that> far with Lunefell....?

Andy G

• Like 1

OK that's one image I definitely don't want to keep;

Thinking about steam engines...thinking about steam engines...thinking about steam engines...ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Might not pop round for a while...

OK that's one image I definitely don't want to keep;

Thinking about steam engines...thinking about steam engines...thinking about steam engines...ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Might not pop round for a while...

I don't think anyone could blame you

Hi Jeff,

Re: Farm buildings, that was the only one I took a photo of I'm afraid.

Worrying about reaching 10,000 pages............I think the 'Mankini-gate' discussion could run and run, we need info e.g. vital statistics - fake or real tan - airbrush applied yes/no. Now you have a positively tropical environment perhaps a few pictures.........erm! maybe not then.

Cheers

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mike,

Now that image has morphed into one where he is wearing his vile green mankini with a David Dickenson Orange permatan!

How am i going to get that out of my head????

Andy G

• RMweb Premium

Mike

You forgot the waxing :O  :nono:  :jester:

Brazilian? I'm guessing he's left his gorilla hair on his back too.....   :sarcastic:

Andy G

Edited to get rid of the weird double post!

Edited by uax6

Which makes my job a lot easier. Here's one of Dave (unravelled)'s B&W photos - shown ages ago - of the S&C, illustrating Jason's point:

attachicon.gifsca003.jpg

Jeff

A problem I have with photographing late-BR steam on such as the S & C is that there is too much flat-bottom rail...

after all, about a thousand pages ago I sweated of building some bullhead rail..     in any event, here is a Midland train with a Britannia on a train near Carlisle...     this picture also in a Hornby thread.  

I look forward to copy-pasting scenery from your line Jeff... <g> For what it's worth I have 'fixed' this ordinary picture with the engine in full forward gear, and generally touched up shadows, tones, contrast and so on it's taken with a Canon SX150is at f8 and about 0.8 secs with a mix of ambient and 40 watt tungsten light.

post-7929-0-37275900-1363292917.jpg

Cloudy day here still no rain, 21C predicted. Out in the V8 now.

Rob

Edited by robmcg

• RMweb Premium

Heaven's above. No wonder Larry (Coachmann) rarely visits nowadays.... NOT because of the beachwear but because of the interchange of what Jason calls "gobshite"!!!!!

I LOVE IT LADS.....really made me laugh!

Anyway, for Mike and everyone's benefit, I've just washed-up after my plastering, got changed(!!) and I'm going into the bunker to take some photos(!!!!!)

All will be revealed(!!!!!!!!!!!) shortly!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Rob, you will be VERY welcome to use ANY scenic photos from KL for your masterly photographs.

That Lightning Brit is a cracker. I just wish Hornby had a better selection of Brits/Clans in their current catalogue...there may be ONE sound fitted one.

Semi-tropical in my bunker now, rob. ONLY 21C? Must admit, watching the cricket from Dunedin and now Wellington made me wish I was in NZ.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Heaven's above. No wonder Larry (Coachmann) rarely visits nowadays.... NOT because of the beachwear but because of the interchange of what Jason calls "gobshite"!!!!!

I LOVE IT LADS.....really made me laugh!

Anyway, for Mike and everyone's benefit, I've just washed-up after my plastering, got changed(!!) and I'm going into the bunker to take some photos(!!!!!)

All will be revealed(!!!!!!!!!!!) shortly!

Jeff

I think Larry has to take care of his heart these days....

I hope you have parted your back hair suitably for the photos??

Andy g

• RMweb Premium

Thats the picture I had in my mind! (although I was thinking a bit more orangey!)

RAOTF PMSL!

Andy G

(Thats cheered me up no end! Still not the Mae West)

Edited by uax6

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant Scott, brilliant!!

I suppose you expect me to dress "up" like that on Members Day? Crikey - it'd clear the venue in seconds and the Special Patrol Group would be heading in to secure me, armed with their legendary lead truncheons.

Just hope AndyY doesn't see this or I'll be sectioned!!

Great stuff lads - wonder what Polly thinks?

Jeff