Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

wow! Those pics are both inspirational and depressing!

Looks like you spent a fortune there too!

Just to let you know also, that I'm a definite no for the weekend - too many other commitments I'm afraid.

I did start a post about some of them being a bit depressing and inspirational at the same time myself.

The time they have managed to put in has resulted in some lovely work. But what you have to remember is many of those are done by a group of people. Not a single person. So they can achieve larger layouts at speed.

I always think of Blackmill as being Newbryfords, but he just recently pointed out it is  group effort.

Many of us work alone...and have to work...so the work can only be slower.

Sad you can't make it, but other commitments are a part of family life. Hopefully in due time we will have a chance to say hi. But regardless, we have similar interests and similar ideals and as such are friends. I am frankly amazed so many of us have managed to make it. 

• Like 1

I did start a post about some of them being a bit depressing and inspirational at the same time myself.

The time they have managed to put in has resulted in some lovely work. But what you have to remember is many of those are done by a group of people. Not a single person. So they can achieve larger layouts at speed.

I always think of Blackmill as being Newbryfords, but he just recently pointed out it is  group effort.

Many of us work alone...and have to work...so the work can only be slower.

Sad you can't make it, but other commitments are a part of family life. Hopefully in due time we will have a chance to say hi. But regardless, we have similar interests and similar ideals and as such are friends. I am frankly amazed so many of us have managed to make it. 

Anyone for for a visit to Dover ?...............Please PM.......

Some of Pete Harveys etchings. Kal was having a go today.

med_gallery_17883_3195_422797.jpgrmweb2855show60

med_gallery_17883_3195_36051.jpgrmweb2586show61

he was not impressed with some of his soldering considering th fineness of the etching to swopped to glue

med_gallery_17883_3195_476538.jpgrmweb2857show62

med_gallery_17883_3195_172388.jpgrmweb2858show63

A couple of the bins and BRUTEs were those that I started painting.

Kal said to have a go at one....pesky little devils. Soon got the hang of it though. 

1. Long nose pliers ....beware when using them for bending along the seams....in case a weaker point bends first!!!!

I found it more useful to use the long nose pliers to PROTECT next to the seam and used the bar to press against the seam.

2. Deciding which seam to bend first is tricky!!!! cause the first seam appears to be the easy seam.....after that you are terrified of messing the first on up!!!

3. When making a box bending the 90degree angles is not too hard....except for the last one!!!!! Because the thickness of the tool you are using makes it harder. The bars at this point come into their own. BUT still each carefully for the weaker part bending!!!! rather than the bit you want to bend.

4. Once your nerves are shredded, walk off, calm down and return.

5. Having a second job, e.g. checking on RMweb for updates helps break the job and stop you wanting take a hammer to it.

6. I make it sound much worse than it is, plus being a woman with smaller hands, and issues with the hands...makes it much harder. I suspect some blokes will bend these things with ease.

7. But I am pleased with the result....although I plan to buy some plastercine to push the brass etching into to hold it in place for the glue bit.....glueing myself a second time aught to be avoided....am using blue tack at the moment as a substitute.

8. They are really nice etchings....worth the effort.Hopefully the pictures which will go up in due course will prove this.

Edited by Jaz

Hybridangel77 is there on          Saturday too.  :sungum:   :sungum:   :sungum:  I'll pm and see if you want to meet up.......

Class66 was meant to be working that weekend, but after speaking nicely to his work he has got Sunday off, and will now be attending. :sungum: anyone going Sunday should contact him for a meet

Uax6 is joining us Saturday.

I am no longer sure my Doctor ....................

grrr the little leg bits....zing all over the place.....

Popped on a white sheet to help......

............  i have some spare latex.

So we are good for the puppies to go home  ............

....   will allow me to travel as far as Coventry, given the likely resultant reaction to the Engineering techniques which might be displayed there  .......    :O  :O   ...............   :jester:  :jester:

• Like 2

Several people have pm..ed  asking for loads of pictures of RMlive....which is of course a must. but if anyone who can't go...and does not do 'photos' needs any specific areas for reference...please note them down...and I'll do my best to ensure i give them coverage.

Hi Jaz and Kal

Great progress had to go back several pages to catchup on all your progress, which is great to see and watch the YouTube clips. Love all your work and many ideas that you make and add to an ever growing layout.

Hope you had a good day at the show wish I was there to...

Take care, Jamie

Hi jaz and Kal, great to see you both today, hope you had a good show and a good journey home.

Bodge

Absolutely mutual......even though you took one look at me....and 'hid' behind the nearest person...... :jester: .........subtle :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

lovely to see you are recovering nicely, and enjoyed saying hi to your 'chauffeur.'...George T / Ashcombe.

Marcus 37 had to cry off, he is helping out a friend which is taking up a lot of his time. The friend is a farmer and is probably very grateful to have someone help you when you really need it. We'll catch up later, as for the near future he will be one very busy bunny, being a good samaritan.

JCL so pleased that everything fell into place for you to make it, and we had the chance to say hello. Hope the wife will be pleased with Austin.And hope the research goes well. Will look forward to picture and model in due course. :sungum:

Oh....yeah.......we did point out to JCL.....that the suitcase on wheels was so big....he should/could (edit= had the decency to) have smuggled Sasquatch thru in it.... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Anotheran. Excellent to met you. This applies to everyone, but Kal was saying how it was so nice, that the people that we tend to chat with regularly always appears so nice on the web, and all turned out to be equally nice in person. It was superb so many of us had that opportunity to meet. It's a shame we just didn't have longer. As the meet worked out so well with everyone. A quick lunch and a snatched coffee,.