Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Premium

if your not there perhaps i'll bring me rubber mallet......then I'll have the only graffiti train in 00........evil chuckle.......... :stinker:

Now, I'll have to be there...... :0

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Well today I am attacking those little bug bears that annoy me when I take the pictures.

1. most annoying....the speed restrictions on the roads in Heartbeat have white plastic poles.....I have just gone and recoloured them all grey. Annoys me every time...but still took me ages to fix them.

2. lack of road markings. As I tested a yellow line on Kalborough Union Station and was pleased with the result, I am adding more road markings. am scratching my head as to how to sort the disabled car park spaces by the church when I have a roundabout right in front. Cannot find an exact picture so will be cobbling one together....comments will be appreciated. May chicken it and pop them around the corner. Doing it by hand......am not expecting perfect results.

Well today I am attacking those little bug bears that annoy me when I take the pictures.

1. most annoying....the speed restrictions on the roads in Heartbeat have white plastic poles.....I have just gone and recoloured them all grey. Annoys me every time...but still took me ages to fix them.

2. lack of road markings. As I tested a yellow line on Kalborough Union Station and was pleased with the result, I am adding more road markings. am scratching my head as to how to sort the disabled car park spaces by the church when I have a roundabout right in front. Cannot find an exact picture so will be cobbling one together....comments will be appreciated. May chicken it and pop them around the corner. Doing it by hand......am not expecting perfect results.

Paint....

• Like 1

Road Markings

I had planned a disabled spot here, but could not find a real roundabout with this adjacent to it...

med_gallery_17883_2804_243492.jpgrmweb1902kalborounion3

and after trawling through Google maps I found a lot of very iffy double yellow lines ...which gave me an excuse to not be over neat :jester:

med_gallery_17883_2804_248687.jpgrmweb1901kalborunion4

I added some white metal lamppost. Eventually i need real ones but when I cut the holes the wires hang over kalboros tracks and Kal might kill me if I damage a loco :scared: .... :jester:

I also added a parking space

• Like 6

And a parking bay, meant a parking meter....far right

med_gallery_17883_2804_309064.jpgrmweb1905kalborounion5

The lampposts ere coloured for Blackpool as they used to be, so a bit green and cream, with sulphur lights going orange as they turn on

new car :sungum: He wants to park but that space is just  not big enough :nono:

med_gallery_17883_2804_98228.jpgrmweb1906Kalborounion6

The verger has been tidying the church roses again, more recycling bags.

The securicor van is parked illegally but an eagle eyed plod is watching to ensure they are not there long.

• Like 5

The Network rail boys need to park too, but they know plod won't give them any leeway.....but if he's here, he can't be on the beat behind the station..... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_2804_207775.jpgrmweb1907kalborounion7

the meter and the charges

med_gallery_17883_2804_224639.jpgrmweb1908kalborounion8

• Like 9

The parking meters were coloured grey for the work go, they had been sitting along the trackside....but look much more useful here

med_gallery_17883_2804_30021.jpgrmweb1909kalborough9

on the other side I might leave it first come first serve...undecided at the moment

med_gallery_17883_2804_396267.jpgrmweb1910kalborounion10

the picture would look more realistic with a better lampposts.....but I need to find some first 

some weathering wouldn't go amiss either.

• Like 6

Thank you, really appreciate you taking time out from your holiday........

now go back and enjoy your holiday.........

or are you  lying down suffering from sunburn....and your fingers are the only bit of your body you can move without being in immense pain???

or........have you got the iPad under the sheet hoping the missus won't catch you :O

Both girls currently Spark-out after day at Water Park and too much Sun  ............   

Start of day spent sitting waiting for a bus, for over an hour in the sun with no shade  ....  bus apparently turned up 20 mins early and just drove on  .....  quite lucky 'though, as early in the Summer so only 29 Deg and not 40   .... :sungum:  :sungum:    ......   almost as bad as Loft Dwellers in UK ...

Took some time to rehydrate MD after remainder of day at Water Park, but now watered, fed and bed  ...

Rep might look forward to conversation about busses and bus stops and drivers and punctuality, in the morning

Lucky for the Rep, managed to keep MD covered in 50 grade oil, although she was glowing like a massive stop sign and I just get rusty in the Sun  .... 

Like the Town scene  .....  but can't understand any Council having a mix of free spaces and meters  ...  you might also need a notice saying "£ coins only accepted and no change given"     .....     :jester:

• Like 2

Ah....you have a point....they don't tend to mix.....

I'll add more white lines tomorrow and paint over the single yellow.

Thanks for the heads up.

Are you sure you are not on holiday down under? Where they call a spade spade...well in AV experience LOL :jester:

OK so I have attacked two annoyances today.......

1. attacked the white posts that annoyed me

2. tackled the lack of road markings, in at least one area, that annoyed me....others will follow

So what if anything annoys you???

2. tackled the lack of road markings, in at least one area, that annoyed me....others will follow

The key to happiness is low expectations................Anti-Virus, Recommend.................... :drag: 

Passing over again. Flew round several times saying, "Will I - won't I? Will I - won't I?" Decided I would, and took a deep breath:

- I absolutely hate Metcalfe paving slabs!!! Totally unrealistic. Made in jelly-molds.

Wills are OK but expensive. Scalescenes printed paper is cheap and excellent and can be lightly scribed with a bluntish blade if you must. But pavement cracks are hair-like in our scale.

Well, you did ask.

T.

• Like 1

I agree with Brass0four!   I love your work... but the problem you now have ,is that you are raising it to such a standard that pedestrian things (see what I did there?) will start to stand out.

The problem is magnified because, the longer you look, the more you "see"...  (I never noticed the different slab patterns on footpaths on either side of the road till just now, for instance)

I certainly wouldn't sweat it - if something bothers either of YOU, by all means change it, but remember we are just the peanut gallery!  You should always focus on what is important to you.

:-)

Scott

• Like 2

I agree with Brass0four!   I love your work... but the problem you now have ,is that you are raising it to such a standard that pedestrian things (see what I did there?) will start to stand out.

The problem is magnified because, the longer you look, the more you "see"...  (I never noticed the different slab patterns on footpaths on either side of the road till just now, for instance)

I certainly wouldn't sweat it - if something bothers either of YOU, by all means change it, but remember we are just the peanut gallery!  You should always focus on what is important to you.

:-)

Scott

the peanut gallery!                   :O  :no: 

peanut-gallery.jpg

dt and jukebox survey Kal and Jaz's most recent efforts...

I was going to post that........too,   am the one on the left. by the way,    but the pic. does not do justice,.....as it was taken...................

30. year's ago............. :O

Ah well, the metcalf has been mentioned on previous occasions by Kal. When I started the yellow lines...his first comment was I thought you were going to use PIR to cover the gap and get rid of them.

I was going to weather them as previously mentioned. 

But I do thank you for being brave enough to mention stuff that you think is below standard. As it will only prompt me to improve.

Kal will be pleased because he wanted the Hornby platforms to go from the back of Kalboro Union Station Approach, and with PIR that will be a given.

And in the meantime despite the yellow lines not being nice and straight I am pleased with the upgrade. If anyone has any better ideas

DT/David your yellow painted thin plastic is really good on a Dover Priory platforms, can it go around corners?

perhaps heating it like acg_mr did on his thread would allow that. 

Anyway I'll get on it, and those rosebushes need padding out they look iffy sat there by themselves.

Please, please do not hesitate to point out anything you think can be improved. We are not anywhere near at the end of the build, and for new stuff I prefer to get it as good as i can

• Like 1

Ah well, the metcalf has been mentioned on previous occasions by Kal. When I started the yellow lines...his first comment was I thought you were going to use PIR to cover the gap and get rid of them.

I was going to weather them as previously mentioned. 

But I do thank you for being brave enough to mention stuff that you think is below standard. As it will only prompt me to improve.

Kal will be pleased because he wanted the Hornby platforms to go from the back of Kalboro Union Station Approach, and with PIR that will be a given.

And in the meantime despite the yellow lines not being nice and straight I am pleased with the upgrade. If anyone has any better ideas

DT/David your yellow painted thin plastic is really good on a Dover Priory platforms, can it go around corners?

perhaps heating it like acg_mr did on his thread would allow that. 

Anyway I'll get on it, and those rosebushes need padding out they look iffy sat there by themselves.

Please, please do not hesitate to point out anything you think can be improved. We are not anywhere near at the end of the build, and for new stuff I prefer to get it as good as i can

Very, Very, flexable,................but, not for right angles, you will have to cut, for that...........

Padding out ?

Edited by David Todd

Scott, Tony

Thank-you. Constructive comments are always useful, and you delivered your comments in a very helpful way.

When you are looking at something every day you cannot always see, what is wrong. 

When people point out things in such a friendly way, how can we be anything other than grateful.

"To Infinity ...and beyond"    :superman: