SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Still surely the Mother of all wheel slips in recent memory. One of the crew was injured as well as damage to the A2, so not so much fun :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsNbzg1UaI

Why put a steam loco on when there is all that modern electrickery stuff dangling above it. :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

What about this for starters?

Don't think I've posted this before, but apologies if I have.

attachicon.gifimg004d1.jpg

Actually G that picture is a much clearer version than I have eever seen. Loads of details there. I've been hoping to find a load of those Bedfords (I think they are beds) on Ebay but no such luck yet. Thanks

Phil

• Like 1

All what talk?  You're the only one who's mentioned it.

Anyway, I just get  "this video is unavailable".

Apparently "Adult programmes" have moved & for a Trim Bush I need to re-tune my set.

How strange to works for me - clearly though there is some strange thinking going around the Interweb, according to my YouTube Control panel it has come up in a fair few google searches! 

It is indeed a Bedford 'O' series flatbed truck- decent models are about as plentiful as 12" to the foot versions.

I actually drove the bus version once in a London to Brighton Commercial Vehicle rally - It was a good thing that when I did my PSV licence, I learned on a crash gearbox otherwise they'd have been picking bits out of it for weeks afterwards!

As I recall, despite being such a small vehicle its steering was even heavier than the Lodekka I trained on.

• RMweb Gold

Actually G that picture is a much clearer version than I have eever seen. Loads of details there. I've been hoping to find a load of those Bedfords (I think they are beds) on Ebay but no such luck yet. Thanks

Phil

Plenty of Cooper Craft chassiseeeeeeeeeees at Ratio shop in Buckfastleigh I don't think they do mail order worth asking. 

https://buckfastleigh.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/ratio-plastic-models-ltd-14120896.html

I. K. Nowittall

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I bekieve that was basica

Still surely the Mother of all wheel slips in recent memory. One of the crew was injured as well as damage to the A2, so not so much fun :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjsNbzg1UaI

I believe that was the last straw for BP and it never worked again?  I was involved at Barrow Hill a few years ago and it is one big brute when viewed from track level, but very handsome.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

The CCE was able to take a short Possession today and I'll leave the details to his PR team to pass on to you excited observers.

I went swimming after the session and now I'm knackered.

Phish

What? CCE flooded your attic!

• RMweb Premium

I had my Regulator mishandled once; May or June 1967 I think it was. Fortunately my valve gear did not disintegrate.

Having a relaxing few minutes here and am inspired by a picture on P97 of MRJ No 254 (yes, MRJ has made it onto SOSJ). If I can get my ballasting and Yard scenic area to look as smart as that I'll be very pleased indeed.

Now then Spams, the dear old CCE did not have an 'incident', he was just possessed for a period of time. However, I have never seen such Double Slip manipulation in a confined space; truly bendy. 

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

I can positively confirm that no model railways, whether true representations of the prototype or impressions, were impregnated with water or any other liquid substance, during today's engineering possession activities. Mr Duck had to go off in a flap elsewhere to find watery substances.

Today's relatively modest developments centred around the connection off the branch line and is captured in the followed pix:

post-16151-0-86502600-1501873008_thumb.jpg
The lead off the down loop, curved point and following length of track that the branch train is standing on are all fixed down after a little bit of picture poring and skin stroking. The idea was to try and capture the curve of the branch away from the mainline as far as possible before it has to hoik itself back round in the (unprototypical) reverse direction and head for the fiddle yard.

post-16151-0-90799300-1501873029_thumb.jpg
This close-up shows the results of the double slip tweaking (as referred to by the honourable duck). Although not yet laid, this is ready to go once painted and cork base added, the idea being that the curve imposed generally follows that of the branchline and enables this adjacent line (part of the down yard) to maintain a rough '10 foot' separation along to the connection at the west end.

Was impressed by our feathered friend's wiring that had allowed trains to run via pagan electricity. Not my 'thing' but the smooth steady running is undeniably impressive. This and the above developments can be seen in the following two pieces of video:

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I can positively confirm that no model railways, whether true representations of the prototype or impressions, were impregnated with water or any other liquid substance, during today's engineering possession activities. Mr Duck had to go off in a flap elsewhere to find watery substances.

Today's relatively modest developments centred around the connection off the branch line and is captured in the followed pix:

The lead off the down loop, curved point and following length of track that the branch train is standing on are all fixed down after a little bit of picture poring and skin stroking. The idea was to try and capture the curve of the branch away from the mainline as far as possible before it has to hoik itself back round in the (unprototypical) reverse direction and head for the fiddle yard.

This close-up shows the results of the double slip tweaking (as referred to by the honourable duck). Although not yet laid, this is ready to go once painted and cork base added, the idea being that the curve imposed generally follows that of the branchline and enables this adjacent line (part of the down yard) to maintain a rough '10 foot' separation along to the connection at the west end.

Was impressed by our feathered friend's wiring that had allowed trains to run via pagan electricity. Not my 'thing' but the smooth steady running is undeniably impressive. This and the above developments can be seen in the following two pieces of video:

Coming on splendidly gentlemen, keep it up. :good: 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Coming on splendidly gentlemen, keep it up. :good:

Steady on!.....I know that it's getting damned exciting but there are standards you know......

Any more of that and you'll be required to report to Matron and her cold spoon...

• RMweb Premium

Hi Graham

You didn't sit him the cold water tank so he was out the way? :nono:

The moving trains look good. :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

All looking rather spiffing, Monsieur le Quackeroi. Almost entirely down to the CCE. I'm good at clearing up and sticking down cork.

Did I see a cute little pannier tank in one of the photos?

I'm afraid so. It was the only thing I could find in a hurry to pop on the branch so that the CCE could do his J. Arthur Rank session. I think it was a Mainline body on a Comet chassis with Comet gears etc + Mashima that I did yonks ago when Geoff was 'teaching me' how to build a simples Chassis and make it work. Not DCC and not quite finished in that the body is not attached to the chassis :stinker:  :nono:  :O  :rtfm:  :sarcastichand:

I hope everyone is admiring how smoothly the Grange runs? No swooning over the T9....that's the one that fell to bits and needs a motor gear housing replacement.

Philth

• RMweb Premium

That track looks so smoooooth...

attachicon.gifIMG_1188.JPG

If that pooch pi##es on my ballast I'll kill it.

So, despite being exhausted after watching my willing friend doing his thing this afternoon (love that Branch curve and 'adjusted' Double Slip, Graham) I didn't do much this evening. A little bit of corking was about it; bit of scalpel weilding and Wood Glue splodging made it such fun. Of course, when I went to drill some holes for the vital point droppers on the Branch to Down Yard connection and then pull the droppers down through said holes, one snapped orf so I had to do a mini re-solder job. Did not set fire to the ballast and managed to sort it (hopefully).

Lots to do before the next Possession.

Philter

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Well, that's one Finching sister accounted for......where's t'other.....?

post-14122-0-29601900-1501885601.jpg