RMweb/BRM 'build a loco' Challenge

As announced here we are pleased to prove that we are as much about building things as we are buying them and this year's challenge is to build a loco (or powered unit) which fits within one of the following criteria.

• Scratchbuild/Kitbuild - As the definition between these can be blurred due to the use of kit bits or donor items within a scratchbuild this will be considered as one classification but you are welcome to clarify within your build which elements are which.
  • Modified RTR - this can be anything from detailing and re-liverying through to substantial changes to make different variants or different classes - the more ambitious the project the more interest it is likely to receive.
  • Static display - this can be any non-working loco (or unit) from any origin (including scratchbuilt) but is unpowered.

The model can be of any scale or gauge and not limited by era or geography in any way.

If you have already started a project it can be entered into the challenge but not an item which has already been wholly or mainly completed.

The end date of the challenge is 31st December 2015 and we will promote the challenge in BRM and invite inclusion of selected entries into updates in the magazine and at the end of the challenge. We would also like to showcase selected entries at a future Warners event providing the opportunity for more people to see the best work.

We will commission a trophy for the winner of each category based on a vote by fellow modellers for the final entries.

All you have to do to become part of it is to record the build of your project as a topic within this forum area and declare when it's complete so it can be taken into account. It would be helpful if your topic name had a prefix of "Scratcbuild/Kitbuild/Modified RTR/Static display* Challenge entry - the name of your module" so that when entries appear in View New Content it will attract the right readers.

*Just use the appropriate word for your entry!

Good luck!

• RMweb Premium

Now there's a challenge. Having been encouraged by BRM to buy a 0 gauge class 02 kit, it gives me an incentive to get on and build it.

If it's the Connoisseur kit, my build thread might be of use to you...

post-6675-0-60657600-1426976534_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-50031900-1426976567_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I too have just discovered this part of RMweb. The problem is I already have two workbench topics, how do I keep those going if I put my new projects in here? I'll have to think of something.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great idea.

Have I got too far with my 1929 GWR 5205 already?

Most of the additions are still to be done, I've just done most of the taking apart so far, some of that was after the start date.

Still to go is the Brassmasters detailing, replacement parts and chassis mods, plus complete repaint.

Darwinian

PS. Sorry can't figure out how to link to my kit/scratchbuild thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy for stating that it is open to the World (geographically)!

Important to us Ex-Pats and modelers of strange parts...

Best, Pete.

Some of the kits do include strange parts :nono:

It would be nice to see something really unusual

Don

Archived