Hornby B12

Wherry Lines

While any new announcement from Hornby usually produces a treat these days, the new B12 looks lacking in the trouser department with those very flat profiled driving and bogie wheels. I hope Hornby goes the extra mile to produce the very characteristic B12 wheels with large protruding wheel centre and spokes flared into it. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

looking on the engine shed topic on the Hornby site they have some pre production shots which you can zoom in on. It's in shadows but it looks like inside value gear may be model.

Edited by farren

Yes. Thanks and good for Hornby. The image I saw earlier (I'm blowed if I can locate it now!)  looked to have very flat wheels and so it must have been shot early in the locos development.

In the image on the Engine Shed today, the front drivers aren't even on the track!

• RMweb Premium

Yes. Thanks and good for Hornby. The image I saw earlier (I'm blowed if I can locate it now!) ......t.

I think it is the photo that appears when you click on the link at post 1 above. 'Tis splendid news indeed - cheers!

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bill,the R&D gent on the Hornby stand who is responsible for it tells me he has designs for all versions of the B12. This he volunteered when I asked him about the Scottish variants.Nice chap and very approachable.Great to actually talk face to face with the people responsible for the resurgence in Hornby's fortunes.What a difference from a couple of years back when they withdrew from public appearances. This I like.....very much.I am mightily impressed with the freshness and eagerness of this approach.

• Like 5

A NEW B12!

Yay!!

*happy dance*

As the D16 looks like a B12 minus a set of drivers, I hoped a modern B12 would be in the works.

The price is a tad steep, I'll wait to see how much Hattons want for one....

A great and logical choice for Hornby and one that has certainly been high on the list of predictions in recent years. Having now seen the detailed image rather than the first image that was shown earlier today the model really does look fantastic.

Edited by Anglian
  • Like 1

Living just off the Great Eastern mainline between Manningtree and Ipswich, close to the old Ipswich to Hadleigh branch line, there will now be four stalwarts of the line to Norwich and Gt Yarmouth and intervening cross country services and branch lines in East Anglia, D16, J15, B17 and now B12. Never has the Great Eastern shone so brightly and all those four from Hornby. Did the Hornby R&D team get swept up with oysters at Colchester, jellied eels at Clacton and crab at Cromer, not forgetting mustard at Norwich.

Edited by rembrow